Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti JX SUV (update pg.4)

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-11, 05:14 PM
scgt652
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
RX and SRX are the sales leaders but seat 5. 5 seaters outsell 7 seaters, its not this giant market some make it out to be. Lexus/Benz sell about 1200-2000 GX/GL a month but they might have a higher base MSRP.

This fights head on with the Enclave and MDX. The Enclave now outsells the MDX. Both sell about 3-5k a month. Sorry but Infiniti is not going to sell anywhere close to that, outside the G35/37, their sales are dismal. The QX 56 seems to be their new flagship, a larger 7 seater that sells about 1k a month.

They would be lucky to sell 2k a month of these, especially with those looks unless the price is low or they of course lease very low. The interior is the same as any model they have which is a good thing.

Amazing that this will be their 4th SUV, built in Tennesse, FWD based with a CVT with possibly hybrids coming. If it was a Lexus, people would be beating it to death

The JX will not come anywhere near the RX in overall sales. However, it could realistically outsell the FX, EX, and QX combined.
Old 08-19-11, 05:22 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by scgt652
The JX will not come anywhere near the RX in overall sales. However, it could realistically outsell the FX, EX, and QX combined.
Realistically speaking it really can. The EX and the FX are not selling. They're great cars though. My bro has an EX and I have a FX
Old 08-19-11, 05:49 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It doesn't look bad. I like a lot more than the current FX. Interior is standard run of the mill Infiniti (which isn't a bad thing).
Old 11-16-11, 09:08 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts
Default 2013 Infiniti JX crosses over into the big leagues

2013 Infiniti JX crosses over into the big leagues

Few automakers make crossovers quite like Nissan does. And that extends to its luxury division Infiniti, as well. Infiniti crossovers tend to be, well... rather small. The FX combined a sportscar with a crossover long before BMW thought of the X6, and the EX is barely bigger than most hatchbacks. Want something bigger from Infiniti? That'd be the QX, but it's a proper truck-based SUV, and that behemoth just isn't for everyone. Enter the JX.

Previewed in concept form at Pebble Beach back in August, the JX35 is now set to make its production debut at the upcoming LA Auto Show. Its design incorporates themes laid down by the Essence show car, but in a much larger form that encompasses three rows of seating for seven coddled souls. The JX is also jam-packed with luxury features and the latest technology you'd expect from a Japanese luxury automobile. That includes the usual suspects: adaptive cruise control, cameras all around, lane-departure warning and a Bose sound system. There's also a new industry-first safety system that warns the driver and even stops the vehicle if something scurries across its path while backing up.

All that tech and cabin space is handled by Nissan's 3.5-liter DOHC V6 driving 265 horsepower and 248 lb-ft of torque through a CVT to either the front wheels or all four. An independent front suspension handles the load up front, with a multi-link set-up in the back. Vented disc brakes larger than 12 inches in diameter at all four corners work with a host of electronic nannies to keep everything in check and are packed inside 18- or available 20-inch alloys.

Prospective buyers will begin taking delivery of 2013 models next spring, with prices starting at $40,450 – before taxes and delivery – for the front-wheel-drive model. Extra features are bundled into five packages, and together with all-wheel drive, can quickly push the price into the high-$50K range.

Gallery:
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2013-...photo-4610448/

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/16/2...ti-jx-la-2011/
Old 11-16-11, 09:11 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Nissan's 3.5-liter DOHC V6 driving 265 horsepower and 248 lb-ft of torque through a CVT
Are you kidding me?!?!?! Infiniti has a great 7-speed auto and much more powerful VQ engines. The small EX35 uses a 297hp version, the FX35 uses a 303hp version, and they saddle this massive mid/large Durango sized SUV with the motor from the Murano and Altima?.... I'm very disappointed
Old 11-16-11, 09:21 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Are you kidding me?!?!?! Infiniti has a great 7-speed auto and much more powerful VQ engines. The small EX35 uses a 297hp version, the FX35 uses a 303hp version, and they saddle this massive mid/large Durango sized SUV with the motor from the Murano and Altima?.... I'm very disappointed
I think it's a good move. The EX and FX are all about sport over utility and have horrible interior room as a result of using the RWD FM platform. The JX now leans towards utility with the use of Murano's FF-L platform and will be a much more serious competition to the RX IMO. Not every SUV in its lineup has to be a sports car you know.

Last edited by ydooby; 11-16-11 at 09:26 PM.
Old 11-16-11, 09:24 PM
LexFather

Okay I completely understand the need/reason for a 7 seat SUV, makes sense. How they could get it all wrong and basically fake the Infiniti in it is beyond me.

1. Now its FWD with AWD (what happened to only RWD Infinitis)
2. Its built in Tennesse with the Murano
3. No manual offered but a CVT instead
4. Same interior as every car they and Nissan has sold the last few years.
5. No Nissan fan can ever make fun of the GS hourglass grill then praise this. Except this is ugly on a scale only matched by other Nissan/Infiniiti SUVs.
6. 265hp, which might be lowest in class
7. 4 SUV lines, 2 Car lines. What a complete and utter joke of a Luxury lineup.

I don't know who the hell is making the decisions at Renault/Nissan/Infiniiti but at this rate they should all perform Seppuku for what they are designing and doing to this brand. Nissan fans deserve MUCH MUCH better.

4 SUVs, 2 car lines...how the hell is that a luxury lineup? What kind of joke is this?

Old 11-17-11, 01:21 AM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Fat kid eating a sammich.
Old 11-17-11, 06:43 AM
nikko2jzge
Driver

It looks like it was left in the oven too long. Wasted resources. They should have spent time developing a new Q or transforming the Maxima into the I35.
Old 11-17-11, 07:23 AM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I actually like this. There are some details that are off-putting (like the kink in the D pillar although it's not a deal breaker) I also don't like how it looks like it's sitting a bit too low and the wheels are too small because of its size. But I'll give the design a B-
Old 11-17-11, 07:51 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
2. Its built in Tennesse with the Murano
Oh Murano suvs for the American market are made locally now? Not in Kyushu, japan anymore?

and

3. No manual offered but a CVT instead
I personally find this a positive thing. Since this is a premium vehicle, I would avoid a stick shift as much possible. The Nissan/JATCO Xtronic CVT is a welcome move IMHO and for Nissan to bring it to their premium auto division (Infiniti) is something that I appreciate and salute for that.
Old 11-17-11, 10:15 AM
venom21
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not bad looking, but also not sure why they need another SUV.
Old 11-17-11, 10:38 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Blackraven
Oh Murano suvs for the American market are made locally now? Not in Kyushu, japan anymore?

and

I personally find this a positive thing. Since this is a premium vehicle, I would avoid a stick shift as much possible. The Nissan/JATCO Xtronic CVT is a welcome move IMHO and for Nissan to bring it to their premium auto division (Infiniti) is something that I appreciate and salute for that.
Murano is moving to AMerica production.

I drive CVTs all the time, Lexus CVTs are great. The Nissan CVT I've also driven extensively and while the usual Nissan course/rough/harsh it works very well so I expect it to work here though not be as good as the Lexus one. What is funny is fanbois and some lame media tried to taut the brand as the Japanese BMW or some other crap and here is a FWD, 7 seat SUV with CVT and what seems to be lowest HP in class. To go with their 3 other SUVs.

I told you so just doesn't cut it.

Old 11-17-11, 11:55 AM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I think looks okay, but honestly looks like this Infiniti will compete with it's own cars, EX (does it even still exist), FX, QX sales will drop and will have an effect on GX 460 and MDX sales.
Old 11-17-11, 01:23 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I like it. I think it looks great and the interior is nice as well. I bet this big *** SUV will still handle better than my LS460. All Nissan products handle relatively well. ( at least any that I have driven)

Quick Reply: Infiniti JX SUV (update pg.4)