Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Report: Supercross champ James Stewart arrested for impersonating police officer

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-11, 03:47 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Report: Supercross champ James Stewart arrested for impersonating police officer

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/31/r...-impersonatin/

James "Bubba" Stewart, Jr., two-time AMA Supercross champion, was reportedly arrested in Osceola County, Florida on Monday night on charges of impersonating a police officer. Stewart allegedly approached a car on State Road 417 in his 2008 Toyota Tundra and turned on a set of red-and-blue flashing lights. When the car pulled over, the occupants identified themselves as two off-duty Florida state troopers and an off-duty Orange County sheriff's deputy. Oops.

With that revelation, ESPN reports that Stewart sped away from the officers, who phoned in a description of his rather distinctive-looking truck. Not long after, Stewart was pulled over near Orlando International Airport and the lights were found in his passenger's luggage. The Toyota was impounded.

Stewart has been charged with impersonating an officer, and his friend has been charged with tampering with evidence, both felonies. Stewart and his friend both posted bail and were released on Tuesday morning.

Stewart has since apologized for the incident, saying without apparent irony that he wants to prove he's "someone who upholds the law."
Attached Thumbnails Report: Supercross champ James Stewart arrested for impersonating police officer-james-stewart-truck.jpg  
Old 03-31-11, 04:50 PM
nine3es
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what seems to be the problem occifer...
Old 04-01-11, 01:48 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It is still amazing how stupid people can be. I wonder what their real intentions were? If it was to just fool around and make people full over I doubt they would have gotten out of their truck and approach the vehicle. The fact that they went through all of that makes me wonder what they were really up too.
Old 04-01-11, 02:32 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

This is why kids shouldnt have a lot of cash. They do stupid crap with their toys