Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Anyone called Lexus Roadside assistance?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-01, 09:00 PM
Lucky

Default Anyone called Lexus Roadside assistance?

I posted this on is300.net. Since this is a more general Lexus forum, I'm looking forward to your replies!

How is Lexus Roadside Assistance?
Here's why I ask:
My housemate (Audi TT225 quattro conv.) had a flat in d/t Seattle at 12:30pm. Called Audi Roadside Assistance, described the prob., and was told to wait by the vehicle and that AAA (whose ETA's vary widely depending on time of day, weather, etc., housemate is aware of that) would be there within 30 minutes.
To make a long story short, 1.5 hours later he was still waiting. In that 1.5 hr. time he called Audi 5 times. He was consistently being told that they would arrive within 15 (first call), 10 (second call), and 5 (third and fourth call) minutes.The fifth time he called (VERY frustrated: 1.25 hours of waiting, continually being told that the AAA truck would be there in 15, 10, 5 minutes), he spoke to someone named Betty who said she did not like his tone and hung up on him!
The AAA truck finally showed, along with a voice mail (that I've heard) which said that the truck was within 5 minutes and that Betty was waiting for her apology!!!!!

Is Lexus Road.Assist. service this *****ty?

Old 03-14-01, 05:45 AM
RealMarty
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a flat about 2 years ago.

Called Lexus Roadside Assistance.

They told me they'd be there in an hour.

Got there on time, changed the tire and moved on down the road.

No fuss, no mess, no problem.

Marty

(PS. I don't believe the truck that came for my flat was AAA. I've belonged to AAA in the past, both in NY and GA. Generally, I think their service sucks.)
Old 03-14-01, 01:44 PM
Francis K
Racer

Lightbulb Wait a minute....

DO I GET FREE LEXUS ROADSIDE ASSITANCE??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?
Old 03-14-01, 02:05 PM
RealMarty
Lexus Test Driver

Cool

I know you do for a period of time, but I don't know how long that period is. I kinda think it's the entire time you're under warranty.

I received a business card for Lexus Roadside Assistance when I bought the car and it gives the phone number -- 800-255-3987, but no info on how long I'm covered.

Check your owner's manual or call the 800 #. (and please post the answer when you find out)

Marty
Old 03-14-01, 05:55 PM
Stephen
Pole Position

I've used it for a flat, great service. They were there within 30 minutes, very courteous.

Audi service just sucks in general.
Old 11-08-10, 09:14 AM
dave22750
Driver School Candidate

Default Roadside Assistance is not good for Lexus either

About 1 month ago we had an accident that prevented the car from being driven. Lexus Enform came on the speaker and said they would send someone out. About an hour later, we called again and they said someone was going to be there in 30 minutes. This went on for another 2 hours. 4 hours later they picked up our car. This was not the fault of the wrecker service but the roadside assistance people at Lexus. I have been told by Lexus that this issue will be resolved in 2 to 5 business days every week for the last 4 weeks. I still haven't heard anything in writing. They are just telling me what I want to hear hoping I will go away. Everyone I talk to agrees that it is terrible that I had to wait four hours but no action has been taken.
Old 11-08-10, 10:18 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

I suspect that they contract through a local service so depending on the umber of available trucks, this may be an issue. If you have AAA then I would use them instead. IME, AAA So. Cal has been on time or early so it hasn't been an issue. The one time I was expecting an extended wait due a high number of service calls, the dispatch called back to update when the truck would be by.
Old 11-08-10, 11:06 AM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I called once...had a flat tire and couldn't remove the stupid "security" lug nut...stripped the removal tool trying.

They sent out a truck from the local Lexus dealership and he was able to get the damn thing off. He was there within 30 minutes.

I had a spare tire, just couldn't put it on. I've since had the dealership take the stupid security lug nuts off all the wheels.
Old 11-08-10, 12:11 PM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Many dealerships, Triple-A, and several oil company services contract through a local dispatch center that sends out the trucks. You are probably better off if you have a local shop, calling them directly, because you will be a higher priority to them. These dispatch centers can be backed up for hours, particularly at rush hour, and a couple hours' wait is pretty standard.

If you know a good local towing service, go talk to them before you need service. Find out how they dispatch calls, what they offer, and the caliber of employees they hire. Be sure they are bonded and insured, then file their number away in your wallet for future reference.

I did some ad work for a local towing service that was absolutely top notch. They flatbedded everything, and their drivers were all ex FedEx or UPS employees who understood customer service and were trained for their job. The weren't a bunch of freeway cowboys who pretended to be automotive experts or DIY cops. If you do a little research, you may find a similar service near you. Ask your service writer who HE recommends.
Old 11-08-10, 12:30 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was putting on my summer rims in my driveway, found out I over tq one of my lugs and can't get my wheels off.

Called road side assistance at 10:30pm at night! Went back inside to watch TV, they sent someone from the dealer ship by Fort Lee (almost NYC) to my house (30 miles from PENN border) in about an hour. The tech and his assistant came to my house in their own car!

They solved my problem for me, even though it was not an accident. Filed it as I had a flat so that I wont appear as abusing the service, and I gave them a tip.

Lexus Road Side service is top notch.
Old 11-09-10, 12:18 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

I've used both for Audi and Lexus. Both were quick and both contract out to AAA, which is who came to my apartment. Only caveat with Audi was they only cover towing to the dealer for a certain distance, then you have to pay the balance. I think it's the same way with Lexus, but I haven't double-checked. What stinks is you can't control where your car breaks down and often you are in the middle of nowhere, out of the range to the dealership.
Old 11-09-10, 07:33 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have redundant CSAA and Lexus and Mercedes roadside service.
Old 11-09-10, 09:10 AM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Service through Lexus Roadside Assistance has always been very good in my experience. Usually the contracted tow truck company beats the estimate provided on the phone, and the Lexus reps are always very polite and give a follow-up call.

Originally Posted by Lil4X
Many dealerships, Triple-A, and several oil company services contract through a local dispatch center that sends out the trucks. You are probably better off if you have a local shop, calling them directly, because you will be a higher priority to them. These dispatch centers can be backed up for hours, particularly at rush hour, and a couple hours' wait is pretty standard.
Actually, I've found the opposite to be true - that many of these contracted tow truck services prioritize roadside assistance over people who call in themselves.

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
I've used both for Audi and Lexus. Both were quick and both contract out to AAA, which is who came to my apartment. Only caveat with Audi was they only cover towing to the dealer for a certain distance, then you have to pay the balance. I think it's the same way with Lexus, but I haven't double-checked.
It's the same way with Lexus' program.