Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Hyundai planning to race its new coupe ( like sister company KIA did with the forte)

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-10, 04:18 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Hyundai planning to race its new coupe ( like sister company KIA did with the forte)

Hyundai’s upcoming compact coupe, based on the Veloster concept, is expected to be unveiled soon in the Korean automaker’s home market before a likely international debut at either the Paris or Detroit auto shows. According to a report by Motor Trend, Hyundai is expected to announce at the 2011 Detroit Auto Show that it will take the new model racing.

It’s no known what series the Veloster would compete in, although in the past Hyundai did take the Tiburon rally racing and the X-games are also a strong possibility, with Hyundai driver Rhys Millen at the wheel. There is also the chance that Hyundai could enter the car in either the Continental Tires Sports Car Challenge (formerly Koni Challenge) series – although sister company Kia currently competes there with the Forte Koup. Also a possibility is the World Challenge touring cars series.

As for the production Veloster, it will be powered by a direct-injection 1.6-liter 4-cylinder making roughly 140-hp and getting 40-mpg.

I also included a picture of the KIA forte racer.
Attached Thumbnails Hyundai planning to race its new coupe ( like sister company KIA did with the forte)-asset_upload_file681_2184.jpg   Hyundai planning to race its new coupe ( like sister company KIA did with the forte)-kia.kinetic.01_opt.jpg