Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Gran Turismo 5 to be released November 2, 2010 ......with 3D option

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-10, 12:50 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're wrong, You can make your own track, tell me you can do that with forza? Does forza even have 24 hour races? How about day to night and night to day? How about weather? All that is in GT5- http://gtplanet.com check that site out, you'll see all that stuff confirmed.
Old 06-22-10, 01:09 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
You're wrong, You can make your own track, tell me you can do that with forza? Does forza even have 24 hour races? How about day to night and night to day? How about weather? All that is in GT5- http://gtplanet.com check that site out, you'll see all that stuff confirmed.
How about what matters in the game..... The cars? I was referring to customization with the cars such as tuning, suspension settings, alignment, paint, gear ratios, etc.
Old 06-22-10, 01:17 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Are you serious? have you ever played Gran Turismo before or are you just saying things without any knowledge? Gran Turismo was the first game I remember where you could adjust things like camber, ride height, gear ratios, spring stiffness, toe-angles etc. GT CREATED the tune option in Racing games, that and Ridge Racer. Do some research, GT1 came out back in the 90's, way before Forza was even a concept.
Old 06-22-10, 01:23 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Are you serious? have you ever played Gran Turismo before or are you just saying things without any knowledge? Gran Turismo was the first game I remember where you could adjust things like camber, ride height, gear ratios, spring stiffness, toe-angles etc. GT CREATED the tune option in Racing games, that and Ridge Racer. Do some research, GT1 came out back in the 90's, way before Forza was even a concept.
Yes I've played every version of GT including Prologue... The level of customization is not up to par with Forza. Hey, I'll get this game when it comes out along with NFS Hot Pursuit.. Check out the trailer on that
Old 06-22-10, 01:48 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I have the PS3 and Xbox 360 with GT5 prologue and Forza 3 and I have to say that they are both very very similar but overall Forza is more enjoyable to play because of the huge selection of cars and tracks. When GT5 comes out it will crush Forza though

GT is THE ultimate driving simulator for PS3, but Forza is no slouch
Old 06-22-10, 02:15 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

With GT5P the level of customization isn't as deep as forza, but the tunes for the cars go into some good detail, even more so on GT4. So I would be sure that GT5 will have levels of tuning and customization to rival that of at least the other GT games and probably more so. Forza won't be anything compared to GT5. Especially with a track editor? And weather effects + rally + LeMans + Nascar + Super GT + F1? Game over for any other racing game.
Old 06-22-10, 09:50 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

With GT5P the level of customization isn't as deep as forza, but the tunes for the cars go into some good detail, even more so on GT4. So I would be sure that GT5 will have levels of tuning and customization to rival that of at least the other GT games and probably more so. Forza won't be anything compared to GT5. Especially with a track editor? And weather effects + rally + LeMans + Nascar + Super GT + F1? Game over for any other racing game.

i see we have GT stan. its all good. its all about the driving, for me. and yes....i bought a PS3, GT5-p and a 1080p television on the same day. just for the game. the PS3 is a blu-ray player. the tv is fantastic. and GT5-p is a drink coaster.

what i REALLY hope they do is fix the online component. not being able to join rooms with your friends...no mics...no customization of the races....that all sucks. as i type this...i realize that that may have been fixed by now. but if it hasnt....

forza holds the crown right now. and its not even really close. polyphony needs to make it more than just a 'pretty game' in order to grab it back. #RealTalk
Old 06-22-10, 10:03 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You guys need to check out LFS - Live for Speed. Thats a proper simulator
Old 06-22-10, 10:15 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Were talking about console games, not computer games.

Forza looks like a cartoon. There hasn't been a full GT game on the PS3 yet, so saying Forza holds the crown is premature. Prologue was a fun game. Obviously if you know how to tune a car it makes it all the better. Of course I can see people will stick with Forza since it's so easy with it's steering assist always on. I've played both, in Forza you can get it down in 3 or 4 tries. With each forza game it was hardly a challenge, espcially after playing GT. It wasn't a bad thing, but when you play both you realize that GT is more polished. more fluent, it just feels and looks better done. Prologue was just that, a prologue, to compare it to a full game is a little biased, especially since it came out way before FM3. I'm going to love creating fast laps in GT5. And with the track editor/creator being in the game as well, that's going to be a big selling point. Kaz has a lot more in store as well. Can't wait.
Old 06-22-10, 10:52 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

who said we are only talking about console gaming
we all thought (at least i did) that you wanted to talk about realism and LFS is where realism is

anyways

logitech G27 for $180 free shipping after rebate
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthr...0062&t=2091048

im still going to keep my G25 and keep using it
Old 06-23-10, 01:09 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

This thread is titled GT5- not LFS. Forza was brought up for some reason, now it's LFS?

I thought we were talking about console games, namely GT5.
Old 06-23-10, 04:54 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Were talking about console games, not computer games.

Forza looks like a cartoon. There hasn't been a full GT game on the PS3 yet, so saying Forza holds the crown is premature. Prologue was a fun game. Obviously if you know how to tune a car it makes it all the better. Of course I can see people will stick with Forza since it's so easy with it's steering assist always on. I've played both, in Forza you can get it down in 3 or 4 tries. With each forza game it was hardly a challenge, espcially after playing GT. It wasn't a bad thing, but when you play both you realize that GT is more polished. more fluent, it just feels and looks better done. Prologue was just that, a prologue, to compare it to a full game is a little biased, especially since it came out way before FM3. I'm going to love creating fast laps in GT5. And with the track editor/creator being in the game as well, that's going to be a big selling point. Kaz has a lot more in store as well. Can't wait.
youre lunchin on that one. if its not a challenge...add me on XBL and lemme see those skills.

and yeah...you charge me $40....youre damn right im gonna compare it to a 'full game'. but in the end...it was the stupidity of the consumer for being duped into buying the game. but it does keep my center table free of water rings. regardless....

im hoping GT5 is a hit. but it has a lot of work to do. all those great graphics wont mean a thing if i cant enjoy it online. and im afraid thats going to happen as thats not really being discussed in their PR. if you make me wait for 5 yrs for this game...and you cant do what even Forza 1 did...then youve lost me. and no amount of interior modeling is gonna sway me from that opinion....
Old 06-23-10, 08:18 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lots of fun games this fall

i wonder if they've changed the physics of Test Drive Unlimited 2 as well

as for GT5, ill believe it when it actually hits the stores...
they've cried wolf too many times
lol
Old 06-23-10, 11:54 AM
aQuarius26
Lead Lap

Check out the latest video etc...

New GT5 Video: Violent Crashes, Night Racing, & More
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=746uW...layer_embedded

Latest Information on Gran Turismo 5 Uncovered

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d5247p1.html

_
Old 06-23-10, 11:57 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

hopefully....we'll be able to do this on GT5

hopefully....

Quick Reply: Gran Turismo 5 to be released November 2, 2010 ......with 3D option