Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

1SICKREVIEW- Will the real "M" and "S" stand up? BMW M6/Infiniti M56/Audi S6 + others

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-10, 01:23 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent review from with a contemporary drivers perspective, with some funny stuff too.
Old 04-12-10, 02:00 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Excellent review from with a contemporary drivers perspective, with some funny stuff too.
I agree with both of your points. It was a good read...
Old 04-12-10, 06:44 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I agree with them. But all suzuki dealerships do have this nasty smell. I was in a suzuki delaership a few months ago, and it smelled like mold. felt like puking after walking in.
Old 04-12-10, 10:35 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Great reviews Mike.....I actually felt like I was sitting beside you in those cars. Quite detailed as you painted us a vivid picture, but hey what else should we expect. As for the M6, I've been a fan of that car in any variant and the M just makes it even more amazing. Not quite sure what Infiniti is doing over there but I wish them well. I'd be more inclined to buy one of Hyundai's new offerings than these new cars that Infiniti is giving us.
Old 04-13-10, 03:19 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
That pic leaves me reaching for towels...ughhhh.....soooo beautifulll....doooo wantttt....
Isn't it sweet!
Originally Posted by rominl
man, mike, why do you just have to link that pic!!!!!!! now the s6 is a big letdown!
Sorry (passes towel)

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Thanks!

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Thanks!

Originally Posted by LexLaw
Great reviews Mike.....I actually felt like I was sitting beside you in those cars. Quite detailed as you painted us a vivid picture, but hey what else should we expect. As for the M6, I've been a fan of that car in any variant and the M just makes it even more amazing. Not quite sure what Infiniti is doing over there but I wish them well. I'd be more inclined to buy one of Hyundai's new offerings than these new cars that Infiniti is giving us.
Thanks! I wish them luck with the new car and I think it will do fine, just not for me.

Originally Posted by lamar411
I agree with them. But all suzuki dealerships do have this nasty smell. I was in a suzuki delaership a few months ago, and it smelled like mold. felt like puking after walking in.
lol

Old 04-13-10, 10:37 PM
YEH
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I then sat in a Genesis 4.6 to stroke the dash. Its a damn good dash and I much prefer the simplicity of the Genesis to the tidal wave after wave in the M56.
The center stack design on the Genesis sedan is the worst thing about the Genesis.

Not enough straight lines and way too curvy.

A center stack design more like that in the new Sonata would have been better.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
.....so I go inside and there is a 3.8 Genesis coupe with NAV (didn't even know they had it) inside. I was STUNNED at how I fit inside this car, just PERFECT. The seats were great with a cheap bit. The power seat moved front/rear and there is a manual control for the seat back. Cheap....the interior center console looks like the same awful crap in the old G35. What were they thinking? That is when copying goes back, when you copy stuff not realizing NO ONE LIKED IT. Surprisingly the dash had good plastics and honestly it was a great place to sit in.
What do you expect for a car that starts at $22K? (That silver-painted plastic on the G35, however, was unexcusable.).

Despite the cheaper materials, prefer how the center stack design looks in the coupe than the center stack in the Genesis sedan.

Last edited by YEH; 04-13-10 at 10:41 PM.
Old 04-13-10, 10:39 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by YEH
The center stack design on the Genesis sedan is the worst thing about the Genesis.

Not enough straight lines and way too curvy.

A center stack design more like that in the new Sonata would have been better.
Personal opinion. You should add an "I think" to your statement.

Old 04-13-10, 10:44 PM
YEH
Pole Position

^ It's implied.
Old 04-13-10, 11:17 PM
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

i love curvy stack design of genesis. it gives me a peaceful, serene vibe. it suits the car IMO. wish they didn't use the silver plastic though. brushed aluminum would've been great. but that silver plastic is used on every hyundais except equus. i'm just not a big fan of a silver. i guess i got sick of it. maybe they should've gone with more darker plastic like lexus or honda.

Last edited by joe80; 04-13-10 at 11:20 PM.
Old 05-02-10, 02:19 AM
Chi-town
Pole Position

Excellent reviews! I especially liked the ones about the BMW M6 and the Audi S6, but the dreams of S6 were immediately crushed about point two seconds after looking at the RS6...

As pointed out earlier, for the price of an S6 you can get an AMG E63. I like the V10 lambo engine and AWD of the S6, but for the same price as an E63! Please, I'll pass that up everyday and twice on Sunday and walk away with the E63 everytime.

Note to Audi: Please bring the RS6 and the RS6 Avant to our shores immediately, please (priced right off course)!

Last edited by Chi-town; 05-02-10 at 02:22 AM.
Old 05-25-10, 07:28 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Great review and a nice read Mike!
Old 05-26-10, 06:53 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Tee
Great review and a nice read Mike!
Thanks Tee. The S6 really is a sleeper.