Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti Prices on All-New 2011 M

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-10, 09:05 AM
LexFather

Sorry guys, the price of everything is up (inflation) so it is not surprising this car is priced where the old Q45 is. It still is "their" flagship but not a real flagship like a S-class etc.

With options, the M56 will hit 70k I assume. You can buy a real BMW "M"5 only a year old with that kind of money, something to think about.

The engines, tranny, features seem very solid. I am not sold on image, looks or price, so I will check it out in person. I am VERY interested in the hybrid model. I hope with best in class HP, they have best in class acceleration finally.

I am simply VERY confused with how they are launching this car.
First we get a picture at Pebble Beach. Then we see the Fuga in Japan. They didn't show it at the LA Auto show for press coverage, instead they did it at a hotel. All "reviews" thus far are pre-production models. They release info nearly the same day as the 5 series and the 5 got all the chatter. Now pricing is done before everyone and it isn't really aggressive at all.

Then again, as stated, they rely on leases....just look at the press release, who does this?

the newly designated M37 and M56 models will debut with special lease offers designed to reward early buyers of popularly equipped Infiniti M models.

Old 02-03-10, 09:08 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Infiniti is well prepared ahead of time for imminent failure, so they have great lease deals ready to go right away .
Old 02-03-10, 09:14 AM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I expect to see 0% financing offers on the M56 sooner than expected. I don't expect a large group of people to pay $57k for it especially with the new 5-Series around the corner aswell.
Old 02-03-10, 09:56 AM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well if it's true that Infiniti is after BMWs market as people seem to think, then of course you would expect great lease offers from them! Like BMWs, a big portion of Infiniti's sales will from via lease.

I don't think that you'll get a loaded 550i or E550 for the same price as a loaded M56 though, so it does still have somewhat of an advantage in that area though. With that said, Infiniti doesn't have the same brand perception that BMW and MBZ have so a lot of people might still be willing to shell out another $5-10k for a BMW or MBZ. IIRC the currently 550i starts around $60k; I would suspect that would increase for the next model...
Old 02-03-10, 10:46 AM
R1R
Driver

It may be possible that Infiniti will outsell Acura this year. I think they might outsell Audi this year also. Infiniti has the newly refreshed G now, the Infiniti M in the spring, the new QX this summer, and the G25 this fall.

Acura has the ZDX and TSX wagon, and Audi has the A8 and what else? That won't sell very many anyways. I think it will be a close race between Lincoln, Acura, Infiniti, Audi, and Volvo this year. The new S60 is coming out.

Who will come out on top?
Old 02-03-10, 01:27 PM
soakgame
Lead Lap

freakin' cars are getting stupid expensive..
Old 02-03-10, 02:40 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the m56 has massive power. I give thumbs up to that.
and no one will care about the price because the v8 won't sell well anyway, plus they most likely won't make that many in the first place.

the m37 is competitively priced I think.

usually infiniti has massive cashback incentives at the end of the model year, so that will bring the out the door price down by a lot.

without incentives, you'd be hard pressed to buy one, since their dealer invoice is only a stingy 8% off...... whereas you can haggle 13% off a lexus in california at least.

Originally Posted by R1R
It may be possible that Infiniti will outsell Acura this year. I think they might outsell Audi this year also. Infiniti has the newly refreshed G now,
but the G sport is damn ugly. so who knows
Old 02-03-10, 02:48 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

damn inflation
Old 02-03-10, 02:59 PM
soakgame
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dunnojack

but the G sport is damn ugly. so who knows
you no likey the G's? i didn't care for the body style at first.. but the new sedans grew on me.. here's a random guy on the g35driver.com forum.. still don't like?

Old 02-03-10, 04:03 PM
lex-phil
Driver

Like everyone else, the M56 is too pricey imo. I don't like Infiniti's strategy of having the M56 as their flagship to compete somewhere between true flagships (S, 7, LS) and mid-range (E, 5, GS). They should really keep its pricing competitive within the mid-range category. The RL as Acura's flagship didn't work, so Infiniti shouldn't do the same thing with the M. Keep the M mid-grade whilst we wait for a true Infiniti flagship to succeed the Q.

I really want Infiniti to do well, but its their decisions like this and the EX that I just don't get. I hope with the refreshed G, a new G25 and the new M, that they will do better this year.
Old 02-04-10, 08:00 AM
Pitman
Rookie

Originally Posted by (Cj)

Heated steering wheel
Infiniti Drive Mode Selector
Power-folding side view mirrors
Front door handle courtesy lights

Active Noise Control
RearView Monitor
Enhanced Intelligent Key memory (now includes audio, navigation and climate control settings)

New Technologies

The 2011 M also offers a wide array of impressive new available features and technology. These include:
Blind Spot Warning (BSW) and the industry's first Blind Spot Intervention™ (BSI) System (available as part of the Technology package)
Forest Air™ system - the most advanced climate control system ever developed by Infiniti (available as part of the Deluxe Touring and Sport Touring packages)
Active Noise Control (standard) generates sound waves which help to reduce undesirable low-frequency engine sounds in the cabin
Infiniti Drive Mode Selector (standard) – four selectable modes (Eco, Standard, Sport Snow) adjust throttle sensitivity and transmission shift points to optimize performance
Enhanced Intelligent Key Memory (standard) – now includes memory function for audio, navigation and climate control settings, in addition to seat, steering wheel and side view mirror
Enhanced Navigation System – now includes XM NavWeather™ with Real-Time weather and 3-day forecast and Zagat® Restaurant Guide (available as part of the Premium package)
I. CAN'T. WAIT to the see the Tech on this puppy, especially the ones I bolded. As for the price, I'm not concerned w/ the pricing because I'll never buy a car brand new. I will say this though; who ever run the marketing for Infiniti needs to take a lesson from BMW, the way they premiered the F10 is one for the books. I just don't see any buzz surrounding the M37, just the M56 because of its huge HP numbers. I'm disappointed with the way they introduced the new M.

Btw Heated Steering Wheel should've been added to all Infiniti models since 2008.
Old 02-04-10, 11:05 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, I love this car. Just like the previous model (Y50), I do believe that the Y51 is a worthy successor in maintaing the core values that made me like the previous model and as such I without a doubt am in love with new one.

I fully praise the new Infiniti M/Nissan Fuga. Hip-hip hurray!!!
Old 02-04-10, 12:15 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Like everybody has said the prices are too high especially in this economy and market. The v8 M should not be anywhere near 60K. In every review of the new M56 they have said it feels very underpowered and not really any quicker then the 6 cylinder, one reviewer said it felt like it was missing 100hp which is bad. If this is true and Infiniti has not corrected this by production then the v8 will be a complete dud especially at its high price like the last Q45 was where at 340hp it was slower then a 290hp LS.

I was really looking forward to the new M but with forgettable styling very similar to the G37, now higher then expected pricing, big thirsty v8 apparently not putting the power down like it should just like the last Q45 I don't know about this car anymore. The rear end is not good at all and looks like an afterthought. It does have a nice interior. Maybe if I see it in person and after a test drive I hope it will change my mind.
Old 02-04-10, 01:04 PM
S8B
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AdrianXT
The 2011 pricing on the G37 6-speed manual is excessive. Huge price increase there.

They really do need to bring the G25 ASAP and price it REALISTICALLY ($30,995) to balance out their lineup.
The 6-speed manual increased in price because some of the options that were optional became standard (i.e. the Premium package). It's not an excessive price increase when you consider that.

Can't say much about the M56's price yet. I have to read comparisons and experience the car before making a final judgment.
Old 02-04-10, 01:05 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by soakgame
you no likey the G's? i didn't care for the body style at first.. but the new sedans grew on me.. here's a random guy on the g35driver.com forum.. still don't like?

no. i don't like THIS g sport...

Quick Reply: Infiniti Prices on All-New 2011 M