Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Jeremy Clarkson and the ZR1

Old 01-20-10, 11:55 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Jeremy Clarkson and the ZR1

well done fat man from Kentucky! LOL

love the drift @ 4:50...(listen to that motor!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9nLvvT1HB8
Old 01-20-10, 01:14 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

That was one of my favorite episodes. I think I have it saved on my DVR. Its funny to me the perception he has of American as fat dumb people who dont know anything about the rest of the world.
Old 01-20-10, 01:33 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
That was one of my favorite episodes. I think I have it saved on my DVR. Its funny to me the perception he has of American as fat dumb people who dont know anything about the rest of the world.
This may be better suited to the debate forum, but I think it's funny when Top Gear makes those jabs. As an American, I don't feel offended, because I know so many who do fit the stupid, fat American stereotype.

Like my sister's boyfriend. He's not fat, but he's willfully ignorant. He doesn't know some of the major US state capitals, let alone anything about the world. He would eat steak and drink Bud every day if he could, and drives an F150 which he has no need for and doesn't use as intended (he lives in an apartment). Totally homophobic and insecure in his masculinity. Yet he has no problem cheering for men in tight purple spandex (the Vikings).

By the way, he's an inspector on the new Boeing 787s. Pray for those poor Japanese who will be that aircraft's launch customer!
Old 01-20-10, 03:09 PM
Rippaflow
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even though I don't agree with all of his stereotypes, it is generally fun and entertaining when he gets behind the wheel of a vehicle.
Old 01-20-10, 05:46 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always think it is so funny when Clarkson goes crazy about a American car.

Deep down he is a American..

I know alot of the stereotypes are true, but the U.S. provides alot more freedoms then England and all the other European countries. If you have time read the bio on Jeremy Clarkson on Wikipedia, and alot of freedoms and values he holds dear are very American.