Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Spy Shots: Possible production version of Lexus LF-Ch

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-10, 12:58 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

looks like a squished RX to me...I like the look but it looks way too similar
Old 01-19-10, 01:02 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

The glass is half empty for some.

The car is still covered up...but despite that fact, I like this new car.
Old 01-19-10, 01:06 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 564 Likes on 386 Posts

When is the official unveiling supposed to take place?
Old 01-19-10, 01:18 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
really because I have only seen one on the road since released. There is a huge difference between the markets in the US and global markets. Hatch backs sell well outside the US
You got that right, there is huge difference between the markets in the US and global markets. For example, Globally, Audi sells more cars than Lexus. I dont think Audi is too popular in AZ, they are much more popular in the north since most Audi have AWD.
Old 01-19-10, 01:23 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Allen K
When is the official unveiling supposed to take place?
Looks set for a reveal at Geneva in March.

This looks production-ready, although they *might* still call it a concept, but I doubt that.

Should be on sale 6-10 months after Geneva.
Old 01-19-10, 01:28 PM
LexFather

I hope they get the front end right...this is showing a lot of promise to me.

Old 01-19-10, 01:41 PM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
You got that right, there is huge difference between the markets in the US and global markets. For example, Globally, Audi sells more cars than Lexus. I dont think Audi is too popular in AZ, they are much more popular in the north since most Audi have AWD.
Audi's are more popular up north (as in northeast US) than further south, but their still not that popular up here. I see more ugly Acuras driving around than new Audis. It's just like how Volvo is more popular up here, but they are still overall not a very popular brand.
Old 01-19-10, 01:48 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 564 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by AdrianXT
Looks set for a reveal at Geneva in March.

This looks production-ready, although they *might* still call it a concept, but I doubt that.

Should be on sale 6-10 months after Geneva.
Thanks for the info

I'll be interested to see all the specs
Old 01-19-10, 03:45 PM
Akatsuki
Lead Lap

wonder if they're going to come with the iphone/ipod dock?
Old 01-19-10, 04:34 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

I agree with the naysayers that the rear end has been dumbed down from the concept far too much to be interesting at all anymore. It's now just another average-looking hatch, from the rear at least. Our last hope is in the front.

Last edited by Mister Two; 01-19-10 at 04:39 PM.
Old 01-19-10, 06:09 PM
JessePS

*crosses fingers* please be a 2-door hatch!!!

I wonder if it will get the F treatment because of the styling.

What would they call it though? CS***h (Compact Sedan) or CC***h (Compact Coupe) of CH***h (Compact Hatch) or C***h (Compact)

If its going up against an A3/S3/RS3... which varies from 158 hp to 335 hp. It be interesting to see it with like 247 hp (combined petrol + electric), which would make it as powerful as the Audi A3 3.2FSI, which isn't available in N.A. Only one in N.A is the 2.0 TFSI (I4 200 hp) + S-tronic + Quattro which is about $36k CDN. I bet the LF-Ch probably would use like the HS250h engine or Camry Hybrid engine, which are both I4 and have hybrid power trains, but put out 187 hp which is a little short of the A3 2.0 TFSI. Just imagine if they put in the 3.5L from the RX, which would be around the 247 hp mark, but it probably weigh way to much. They could always try and fit in a 2.5L from the IS and with that put the electric motor and tad-dah the magical 247

So either way if the LF-Ch hits production its should be like $33k CDN (starting), which would be in the same price range as an IS RWD. Only time will tell. As long as the car doesn't go over $42k CDN (w/options) I'll be very happy.

OT: As for the people talking about the HS250h, only problem I have with that car is the poor fuel economy. The Toyota Sai pretty much the same car but gets 10 mpg more then the HS.

Plus were only 2 months away from Geneva hehe

Last edited by JessePS; 01-19-10 at 06:34 PM.
Old 01-19-10, 06:39 PM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JessePS
*crosses fingers* please be a 2-door hatch!!!

I wonder if it will get the F treatment because of the styling.

What would they call it though? CS***h (Compact Sedan) or CC***h (Compact Coupe) of CH***h (Compact Hatch) or C***h (Compact)

If its going up against an A3/S3/RS3... which varies from 158 hp to 335 hp. It be interesting to see it with like 247 hp (combined petrol + electric), which would make it as powerful as the Audi A3 3.2FSI, which isn't available in N.A. Only one in N.A is the 2.0 TFSI (I4 200 hp) + S-tronic + Quattro which is about $36k CDN. I bet the LF-Ch probably would use like the HS250h engine or Camry Hybrid engine, which are both I4 and have hybrid power trains, but put out 187 hp which is a little short of the A3 2.0 TFSI. Just imagine if they put in the 3.5L from the RX, which would be around the 247 hp mark, but it probably weigh way to much. They could always try and fit in a 2.5L from the IS and with that put the electric motor and tad-dah the magical 247

So either way if the LF-Ch hits production its should be like $33k CDN (starting), which would be in the same price range as an IS RWD. Only time will tell. As long as the car doesn't go over $42k CDN (w/options) I'll be very happy.

OT: As for the people talking about the HS250h, only problem I have with that car is the poor fuel economy. The Toyota Sai pretty much the same car but gets 10 mpg more then the HS.

Plus were only 2 months away from Geneva hehe
Rumored model variants for the LF-Ch according my.IS forums are a "CT" (compact Tourer) 200h, CT 300h, and CT 400h. CT200h will have the Prius engine good for 140hp (about the same as the diesel A3), the CT300h will have a new powerplant either the new 2.5L or the 2.7L with an electric motor it should be good for a total output of 200-220hp (same as the TFSI A3), and then the flagship CT400h will have the RXh powerplant.
Old 01-19-10, 06:41 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Looks relatively close to the concept, but not as close as I would have liked. The concept tails were way better, and I really liked that sharp crease that extended from the tail light down to the bottom of the bumper. It looks like the production car will only have that crease in the bumper.

None the less...let's see what the rest of it looks like before judging too harshly.
Old 01-19-10, 06:43 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by (Cj)
Rumored model variants for the LF-Ch according my.IS forums are a "CT" (compact Tourer) 200h, CT 300h, and CT 400h. CT200h will have the Prius engine good for 140hp (about the same as the diesel A3), the CT300h will have a new powerplant either the new 2.5L or the 2.7L with an electric motor it should be good for a total output of 200-220hp (same as the TFSI A3), and then the flagship CT400h will have the RXh powerplant.
IMO, a V6 is overkill for a car like this. FI or hybrid 4cylinder makes a lot more sense.

Don't get me wrong, a 300hp hybrid V6 would be a cool option but I definitely won't be holding my breath.
Old 01-19-10, 06:49 PM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Looks relatively close to the concept, but not as close as I would have liked. The concept tails were way better, and I really liked that sharp crease that extended from the tail light down to the bottom of the bumper. It looks like the production car will only have that crease in the bumper.

None the less...let's see what the rest of it looks like before judging too harshly.
The concept was perfect, and I would have liked more elements carried over but you're right that we should reserve judgement until we see the whole car

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
IMO, a V6 is overkill for a car like this. FI or hybrid 4cylinder makes a lot more sense.

Don't get me wrong, a 300hp hybrid V6 would be a cool option but I definitely won't be holding my breath.
Very true, but according to my.IS Toyota has filed patents for a CT400h, not sure what that means, or if a V6 in this thing will be available at launch, or if it will be available at all. Honestly we're still not even sure if this hatch will make it to North America...

Quick Reply: Spy Shots: Possible production version of Lexus LF-Ch