Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: C300 vs G37 sedan vs ES350?
C300
22.99%
G37 sedan
70.11%
ES350
10.34%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

C300 vs G37 sedan vs ES350

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-10, 10:58 PM
lxslvr2500
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Saying a C300 has more power than an a base FWD A4 is like saying Dominoes cheese pizza is better than Pizza Hut cheese pizza. They both are not that quick.

I would take a RWD C300 over a FWD A4 anyday. Sorry.

Not sure why what your "friends" think is so important. Impress yourself, not your friends.

Sounds like no matter what you buy, they will have something derogatory to say.
yea my friends are douchebags...whatever. Anyways guys, I'll test drive all but will most likely get the G37 since it's the biggest, fastest, and yes, most fuel efficient car in its class. Believe it or not, it has the best mpg of all the sedans in the same class with 300+ hp.
Old 01-25-10, 11:00 PM
lxslvr2500
Rookie

Originally Posted by 260hpTypeS
My Vette is in for service at the Infiniti dealer (I know, sounds crazy) and I got a new G37X 7-speed loaner with 600 or so miles on the clock. Initial impressions are that there is a HUGE improvement engine/tranny wise vs. the old G35 with the 5 speed auto. This thing is now REALLY quick (I would say on par with a 335i auto). Throttle response in instantaneous and the 7-speed auto works very well with nice rev match downshifts and pretty quick upshifts. Would definitely smoke the 3rd gen TL in driveway, BUT would definitely get SMOKED by my Vette . I could see someone who doesnt drive a Vette to be much more impressed with the power than I am. Handling on the G37X is also very crisp with little front plow and good steering feel.

However, it does NOT feel that luxurious on the inside. The 3G TL feels much more upscale and it is no where NEAR as luxurious as my moms M35X. The interior is very blah in my opinion. Doesnt feel up to par of the 40K price tag.

Of you want a DRIVERS car, the G37 is by far the best bet.....
Thanks for the review, it just moved up to #1 on my list of cars to test drive haha
Old 01-25-10, 11:00 PM
lxslvr2500
Rookie

I will post up pics of whatever car I get...just to share the love
Old 01-26-10, 09:35 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Anyways guys, I'll test drive all but will most likely get the G37 since it's the biggest, fastest, and yes, most fuel efficient car in its class.
sometimes, its okay to buy the less fuel efficient model, or the one with less horsepower. i wouldnt be surprised if you change your mind when you test drive all of them.
Old 01-26-10, 09:39 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RXSF
sometimes, its okay to buy the less fuel efficient model, or the one with less horsepower. i wouldnt be surprised if you change your mind when you test drive all of them.
I agree, especially in the case of lux/sport sedans. The leaders in this class of car don't do it on horsepower and gas mileage numbers alone.
Old 01-28-10, 09:14 PM
lxslvr2500
Rookie

Originally Posted by IS-SV
I agree, especially in the case of lux/sport sedans. The leaders in this class of car don't do it on horsepower and gas mileage numbers alone.
you're right but so far from what i've heard, the G37 easily outhandles the C class and IS and A4, and is almost as good as 3 series handling. Plus it has the biggest backseat.
Old 01-28-10, 09:21 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by lxslvr2500
you're right but so far from what i've heard, the G37 easily outhandles the C class and IS and A4, and is almost as good as 3 series handling. Plus it has the biggest backseat.
Sorry for my confusion but I thought you said "image" was very important and you even said this...

Originally Posted by lxslvr2500
Maxima is definitely sick but I need the luxury name, status, etc. The only thing that I'm worried about the G37 is that Infiniti really isnt a recognized luxury brand. Whereas the C300 is a benz, so ill get recognition and respect...hmm this is tough
So I am assuming your priories have changed for this next vehicle?

None of these cars are bad and you can always get a smoking deal on a G37.

Old 01-28-10, 10:31 PM
lxslvr2500
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Sorry for my confusion but I thought you said "image" was very important and you even said this...

So I am assuming your priories have changed for this next vehicle?

None of these cars are bad and you can always get a smoking deal on a G37.
Yes my friend, image was a big deal, but after sitting down and thinking about it for a while, I decided that it really isn't that important. One reason why I got the IS was for image, but in the long run as I've realized, it really doesn't matter. So yes, my priorities have shifted for my next vehicle...specifically speaking, what matters most for me: Big backseat, fast, decent gas mileage, good handling
Old 01-29-10, 07:48 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Variety is car ownership is a good thing, I vary my car purchases frequently too. And you are selecting from a great field of premium cars.
Old 01-29-10, 03:11 PM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

I didnt read through all 115 response here, but heres my opinion,, coming from a guy that has driven all 3 and actually owned a G myself.. First off, you have to drive all 3 cars yourself, regardless of what anyone says here... I can tell you one thing, the Benz is gonna give you a "Im rich I got it made, Im rocking a benzo feeling,, until you realize that its the cheapest benz available for a mere $36K, lol,,, its a kinda slow car if you ask me,, almost comparable to your Is250,, which I owned also... but I gotta admit its a pretty solid feeling German car!! until all the stupid electronics inside the car start having problems and go coocoo on you.. The Es350 is a pretty good all around car, definitely a boring car though,, no real oomph either when you drive it, because its such a plush car. nothing inside really wows you anymore.. and I think its getting outdated, time for a real re-make!! seems like since 97 the Es350 basically looked the exact same till as of 2010... The G37 in my opinion is gonna be the car that you are going to end up with... Its a combo of ok good looks,especially with the 2010 updated look... its powerful, really roomy inside, and it has all the gadgets,, but heres what Im gonna tell you,, coming from a person that had a brand new 08 G37 coupe for 10 months before trading it in for an IsF..... G37 is cheap, bang for the buck,, but you will also feel it when you trade it in.... It takes a big big hit.... The Gas mileage is kinda bullcrap,, you get the epa ratings if you drive like grandma... I averaged 14.5mpg on my G37 while with the same driving attitude and speed,,,, I average 16.5mpg with my Is F... Also, especially if you have an image "disorder, or just love showing off" lol the Infiniti Brand is not gonna make you happy,,, its one of those car that makes you feel "normal" Maybe cause you dont really feel exclusive!!! Dude, you see all type of ppl driving G's all around,, be it young, black, white, asian, ghetto, rich, old, etc..... sooner or later, your gonna feel like you are driving a Nissan... lol But I'll be honest,, the reason that i got rid of my G was a combination of a few reason,,, #1 My G msrp for $44,020 and I picked it up for under invoice at $39K ,,, 8 months down the road with only 3200 miles, I called 5 infiniti dealers up to be offered $30k for my car!!! I think thats insane,, I wanted to trade in my coupe for a 4 door G37 and they wont even support their own brand cars!!! #2 My G37 coupe was insanely impractical,, I couldnt even fit a stroller inside the trunk!! that wont be your case cause you are looking at a 4dr... #3,,, dude 14.5mpg is a joke!! lol But for the money,, you cant beat a 2010 Infiniti G37s Dont go for the Maxima... if you do your research closely,, you will realize the Maxima with alot less Hp, Junk cvt trans with only 1-2mpg better fuel economy!!!! and brakes that are alot smaller than the Infiniti not to mention the interior is a tad cheaper than the infiniti also, no loaner cars, less warranty... Another good all around car is Like MaluJerry say,,, the Acura Tsx V6,,, cant go wrong with that car either.. If you are considering the benz 300, dont do it,, at least do the C350 sport...
Old 01-29-10, 06:36 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-Fly168
I didnt read through all 115 response here, but heres my opinion,, coming from a guy that has driven all 3 and actually owned a G myself.. First off, you have to drive all 3 cars yourself, regardless of what anyone says here... I can tell you one thing, the Benz is gonna give you a "Im rich I got it made, Im rocking a benzo feeling,, until you realize that its the cheapest benz available for a mere $36K, lol,,, its a kinda slow car if you ask me,, almost comparable to your Is250,, which I owned also... but I gotta admit its a pretty solid feeling German car!! until all the stupid electronics inside the car start having problems and go coocoo on you.. The Es350 is a pretty good all around car, definitely a boring car though,, no real oomph either when you drive it, because its such a plush car. nothing inside really wows you anymore.. and I think its getting outdated, time for a real re-make!! seems like since 97 the Es350 basically looked the exact same till as of 2010... The G37 in my opinion is gonna be the car that you are going to end up with... Its a combo of ok good looks,especially with the 2010 updated look... its powerful, really roomy inside, and it has all the gadgets,, but heres what Im gonna tell you,, coming from a person that had a brand new 08 G37 coupe for 10 months before trading it in for an IsF..... G37 is cheap, bang for the buck,, but you will also feel it when you trade it in.... It takes a big big hit.... The Gas mileage is kinda bullcrap,, you get the epa ratings if you drive like grandma... I averaged 14.5mpg on my G37 while with the same driving attitude and speed,,,, I average 16.5mpg with my Is F... Also, especially if you have an image "disorder, or just love showing off" lol the Infiniti Brand is not gonna make you happy,,, its one of those car that makes you feel "normal" Maybe cause you dont really feel exclusive!!! Dude, you see all type of ppl driving G's all around,, be it young, black, white, asian, ghetto, rich, old, etc..... sooner or later, your gonna feel like you are driving a Nissan... lol But I'll be honest,, the reason that i got rid of my G was a combination of a few reason,,, #1 My G msrp for $44,020 and I picked it up for under invoice at $39K ,,, 8 months down the road with only 3200 miles, I called 5 infiniti dealers up to be offered $30k for my car!!! I think thats insane,, I wanted to trade in my coupe for a 4 door G37 and they wont even support their own brand cars!!! #2 My G37 coupe was insanely impractical,, I couldnt even fit a stroller inside the trunk!! that wont be your case cause you are looking at a 4dr... #3,,, dude 14.5mpg is a joke!! lol But for the money,, you cant beat a 2010 Infiniti G37s Dont go for the Maxima... if you do your research closely,, you will realize the Maxima with alot less Hp, Junk cvt trans with only 1-2mpg better fuel economy!!!! and brakes that are alot smaller than the Infiniti not to mention the interior is a tad cheaper than the infiniti also, no loaner cars, less warranty... Another good all around car is Like MaluJerry say,,, the Acura Tsx V6,,, cant go wrong with that car either.. If you are considering the benz 300, dont do it,, at least do the C350 sport...
Interesting post, but I want to comment on a few things.
"The G has ok good looks?" Ok and good looks are two different things. While looks are subjective, I feel the G looks far too soft, organic, and origami, with granny fender flares, a frumpy rear, cheesy chrome spoiler, and outdated circular taillights.
Also, "the 2010 ES kinda looks like the '97." Did you mean "'07?" The 1997 and 2010 ES are seperated by a few models and look entirely different.
Lastly, the TSX V6 is a front driver with torque steer. I don't know how much anyone interested in performance is going to like that.
Anyway, good points!
Old 01-30-10, 07:19 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Not sure why the ES350 would be included in that bunch, the G37 seems to be the favorite here. I would take the IS350 over one though if given the choice. All great cars. It all depends on what your priorities are.
Old 01-30-10, 07:22 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Is your Enter button busted? Seriously, I agree with much of what you said, once I got through it.
Old 01-31-10, 09:37 PM
lxslvr2500
Rookie

Hmmm very interesting...you made quite a few good points. In terms of gas mileage, i don't drive fast, i usually drive slow to maximize my mpg's lol. Only time i let it rip is when i race my friends once in a while. But yea im starting to consider the 3 series cuz its best of both worlds...performance like infiniti, recognition like benz. Although i do have to say, I still hate BMW just cuz im a lexus fanboy
Old 02-05-10, 11:35 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Go with your first instinct, does't matter if it's superficial, impractical or just not the best bang for the buck. 2nd guessing your first instinct and trying to talk yourself out of it will in most cases make you regret your purchase if you don't go with your first instinct.

You have 3 great choices available to you (all great cars), but I have a feeling you really want that Benz.....and don't worry about driving the entry level Benz, just enjoy the ride because you want to wake up every day wanting to drive your car anywhere possible (just to put that smile on your face).
:-)