ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Car Chat (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat-139/)
-   -   2010 GMC Terrain/Chevrolet Equinox Recalled (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat/472535-2010-gmc-terrain-chevrolet-equinox-recalled.html)

rdgdawg 12-30-09 11:28 AM

2010 GMC Terrain/Chevrolet Equinox Recalled

Any surprise Obama Motors continues to have their junk recalled:

http://www.insideline.com/chevrolet/...l-problem.html

2010 GMC Terrain/Chevrolet Equinox Recalled for Climate Control Problem

Published Dec 30, 2009

DETROIT — General Motors' Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain siblings are being recalled for a problem with the climate control system's software. The recall affects 59,031 of the SUVs from the 2009 model year. The problem could cause the heating, air-conditioning, defroster, radio control and backlight to stop working.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in its summary of the problem, said the fault is with the center instrument panel software, which it says does not comply with federal safety standards. General Motors said it will replace the center console's computer module at no charge to the consumer. The recall begins in January. Owners of the affected vehicles can contact Chevrolet at (800) 630-2438 and GMC at (888) 996-9463 or go to GM's Owner Center Web site for more information.

Inside Line says: Well-timed recall, since winter is a particularly bad time to worry about the heating and defrosting systems' failure. — Laura Sky Brown, Correspondent

Joeb427 12-30-09 11:39 AM

Also a second recall on hatch tops on 22K Corvettes.
The top can come off while at highway speeds.:eek2:

rdgdawg 12-30-09 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Joeb427 (Post 5106788)
Also a second recall on hatch tops on 22K Corvettes.
The top can come off while at highway speeds.:eek2:

Yep, saw that... was crossed off my list a while back... buddy bought new one, bunch of problems and is using the 60-day return policy :D

IS-SV 12-30-09 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by rdgdawg (Post 5106868)
Yep, saw that... was crossed off my list a while back... buddy bought new one, bunch of problems and is using the 60-day return policy :D

Oh, that's quite the endorsement.:p:eek2:

SLegacy99 12-30-09 05:14 PM

At least Toyota isn't the only one getting the bad PR.

rdgdawg 12-30-09 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by IS-SV (Post 5106933)
Oh, that's quite the endorsement.:p:eek2:

You know, what ever manufacturer I finally do "buy" from should just comp me the car!!!! :cool: :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

After all the cars in my "que" (141 and counting), I think it's only fair!!! :woohoo:

IS-SV 12-30-09 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by rdgdawg (Post 5107423)
You know, what ever manufacturer I finally do "buy" from should just comp me the car!!!! :cool: :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

After all the cars in my "que" (141 and counting), I think it's only fair!!! :woohoo:

For me, the Vette has never hit my list once. Pass.

I8ABMR 12-30-09 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by IS-SV (Post 5107426)
For me, the Vette has never hit my list once. Pass.

Straight up. I looked at a convertible in 2003. The second I sat in the car I said ,and I quote " OH HELL NO". The buttons look about the same quality as toys I had in the early 80's. My wife couldn't even believe that I even sat in the thing ( my wife's family has been burned by numerous American cars so she is more anti- American car than I am). I respect the Z06 and the ZR1 for performance but they don't price them that way because the GM loves you. You get what you pay for.

nthach 12-30-09 08:45 PM

Crappy Delphi or Bosch/Valeo electronics at work... :D

bruce van 12-30-09 09:44 PM

Have any of you ever pressed the rear bumper on a Corvette? It's so thin and flabby I coudn't believe it. I'm with you I8BMR, the performance is there, but the cheap interior just ruins the car.

pagemaster 12-30-09 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by rdgdawg (Post 5106764)
Any surprise Obama Motors continues to have their junk recalled:

I dunno, but Toyota/Lexus led North American in the number of recalls for 2009, it seems Obama Motors is doing a pretty good job

http://www.freep.com/article/2009123...s-for-1st-time

rdgdawg 12-31-09 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by I8ABMR (Post 5107520)
...I respect the Z06 and the ZR1 for performance but they don't price them that way because the GM loves you. You get what you pay for.

That's the ONLY reason I ever considered a Vette

Originally Posted by nthach (Post 5107856)
Crappy Delphi or Bosch/Valeo electronics at work... :D

+1 :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Originally Posted by bruce van (Post 5107967)
Have any of you ever pressed the rear bumper on a Corvette? It's so thin and flabby I coudn't believe it. I'm with you I8BMR, the performance is there, but the cheap interior just ruins the car.

Yep, very disconcerning, but the interior HAS been improved over the last 3 years, but not to the point of justifying $80K-$110K for the Z06s or ZR1s...

rdgdawg 12-31-09 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by pagemaster (Post 5108087)
I dunno, but Toyota/Lexus led North American in the number of recalls for 2009, it seems Obama Motors is doing a pretty good job

http://www.freep.com/article/2009123...s-for-1st-time

But isn't the criteria for recals with T/L different than the Americans... like the Japenese have fewer incident reports before they issue a recall as opposed to the American brands??

Not sure how accurate I am on the above and a bit off-topic, but I had an old Chevy Cavalier Z24 that they wouldn't recall over a brake issue and an Exec later admitted (1992??) it was cheaper to pay off lawsuits for injured/killed motorists than a massive recall... wonder if that mentality exists with T/L... probably, but would they ever admit it or allow that thinking to get out? :uh:

Joeb427 12-31-09 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by rdgdawg (Post 5108289)
That's the ONLY reason I ever considered a Vette

+1 :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Yep, very disconcerning, but the interior HAS been improved over the last 3 years, but not to the point of justifying $80K-$110K for the Z06s or ZR1s...

I've been Corvette enthusiest for many years and owned a '67 in the past and a restored '69 Corvette I sold two years ago.I have to say the newer Corvette interiors are lousy but the car itself has outstanding performance for it's cost.
Track and road testing against other vehicle at twice the cost and above,the Corvette does very well.

Faymester 12-31-09 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by bruce van (Post 5107967)

Yup, I thought I wanted one and went and sat in one ... As we all know, I didn't buy one.

My mum had an '84 and that thing was awesome, for nostalga (sp?) I would get one of those as well but today's Vettes, and GM in general ... *sigh*

RE: GM SUVs, I had an Envoy once ... not too suprised about these recalls on the SUV-thingys (cause they're car chasis right, aren't they?)