Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Brand new 2009 Mercedes E350 going for $35,500 or less

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-09, 06:10 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by KILLERGS4
try finding a used 2009 for 35k, not going to happen, let alone NEW...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/E-Cla...item2ea66ea7d7

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-...item5635f24c4f

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-...item255701c3be

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-...item3356e1ec15

that might be Employee Pricing, that I believe, coz they do offer crazy incentive for employee's... but not to the mass public... hellz no.
Thank you!
Old 10-31-09, 09:56 AM
Sash
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a guy tell me about a week ago that he received a call from a Mercedes dealership in Jersey offering him 20K off MSRP. I guess he wasn't lying . .
Old 10-31-09, 10:14 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

try finding a used 2009 for 35k, not going to happen, let alone NEW...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/E-Cla...item2ea66ea7d7

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-...item5635f24c4f

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-...item255701c3be

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-...item3356e1ec15

that might be Employee Pricing, that I believe, coz they do offer crazy incentive for employee's... but not to the mass public... hellz no.

Those cars aren't even close to base model E350s. But aside from that that's asking price, not sale price. And there are possibly some idiots that will pay that sorta $$.

I got my 2009 Aura XR, MSRP 26k for 16k after all my discounts. I could have turned right around and very likely sold it barely used for more than I paid for it. Many years ago I got a Silverado brand new for 14k out the door. I drove it for 25k miles and turned around and sold it for 14.5k.

There's a sucker born every minute. Doesn't mean there's not good deals to be found if you know where to find them.

This is not a conspiracy to bash German cars, which is what some people in this thread are acting like (getting defensive)... it's the honest truth. The deals are there. Deny them all you want but they're there.
Old 10-31-09, 10:22 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Of course the deals are there for an EOL Mercedes hitting rock bottom demand in it's product life cycle, German car or not.
Old 10-31-09, 01:03 PM
DrDrilZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Stormwind
How much did you pay for it out the door? Out the door meaning after taxes, fees, etc. how much was out of your bank account after you bought it?
2009 E550 with P2 pkg + pano roof and a couple of other options
msrp $69,245
- discount $21,000
+ doc fees $599
+ Fl tire and batt fee $6.50
+ 6% tax $2,931.03

OTD $51,781.53

at the time, the dealer offered $21k off ANY e550 or $19k off ANY E350 they could locate and secure in the country.
Originally was going to buy a GS350, but lexus dealers were not offering very good deals.

Last edited by DrDrilZ; 10-31-09 at 01:07 PM.
Old 10-31-09, 01:34 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Of course the deals are there for an EOL Mercedes hitting rock bottom demand in it's product life cycle, German car or not.
Bingo!

The deal would have to be even better than that to choose an '09 over the '10 for me. They are currently advertising $12k (cash purchase) off of remaining '09's at the local dealer.
Old 10-31-09, 06:31 PM
Stormwind
Racer

Originally Posted by DrDrilZ
2009 E550 with P2 pkg + pano roof and a couple of other options
msrp $69,245
- discount $21,000
+ doc fees $599
+ Fl tire and batt fee $6.50
+ 6% tax $2,931.03

OTD $51,781.53

at the time, the dealer offered $21k off ANY e550 or $19k off ANY E350 they could locate and secure in the country.
Originally was going to buy a GS350, but lexus dealers were not offering very good deals.
That is a really good deal. A loaded E550 for a price of E350.

I wish I can get tax rates like that in Cali they actually raised it to 9% last year.
Old 10-31-09, 09:28 PM
love_lexus
Driver

I'm living in Seattle area, does anyone know if I can get 20K off for a 09 or 10 E350?
Thanks in advance.
Old 10-31-09, 09:44 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Threxx
Those cars aren't even close to base model E350s. But aside from that that's asking price, not sale price. And there are possibly some idiots that will pay that sorta $$.

There's a sucker born every minute. Doesn't mean there's not good deals to be found if you know where to find them.

This is not a conspiracy to bash German cars, which is what some people in this thread are acting like (getting defensive)... it's the honest truth. The deals are there. Deny them all you want but they're there.
dude, obviously you dont know Mercedes, those links are pretty much for standard E350 (AMG was standard in 09) and the only option is the Navi pretty much, doesn't even have full leather, they all have MB-Tex... so they are pretty base/standard E350's. Plus, these prices are Internet Prices, so the prices are even higher on the sticker if you go to the dealership, so the internet price is reduced pricing already... in addition I didn't just pull pricing in one area, it all over, MD, TX, GA... all you have to do is go to ebay and search 09 E-class and prices are consistent, only thing not consistent is your logic... (you must be idiot to pay these prices for 2009 E350)
Old 10-31-09, 09:51 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sash
I had a guy tell me about a week ago that he received a call from a Mercedes dealership in Jersey offering him 20K off MSRP. I guess he wasn't lying . .
what a dealership / salesman says is different than what they / he will do!!!
Old 10-31-09, 11:19 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude, obviously you dont know Mercedes, those links are pretty much for standard E350 (AMG was standard in 09) and the only option is the Navi pretty much, doesn't even have full leather, they all have MB-Tex... so they are pretty base/standard E350's. Plus, these prices are Internet Prices, so the prices are even higher on the sticker if you go to the dealership, so the internet price is reduced pricing already... in addition I didn't just pull pricing in one area, it all over, MD, TX, GA... all you have to do is go to ebay and search 09 E-class and prices are consistent, only thing not consistent is your logic... (you must be idiot to pay these prices for 2009 E350)

Most of the time when I see ebay asking prices from dealers it matches the price on the sticker at the lot.

My logic has been completely consistent this entire time.

I understand why you're in denial about the horrible depreciation on the previous gen E-class... you own one. But that's no reason to call everyone else here and there a bunch of liars. People all around you are saying they got these deals and you just don't want to hear it. If that's the case, just move along and be happy with your car. All cars depreciate, especially when they become the previous generation vehicle.
Old 11-01-09, 08:35 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Threxx
Most of the time when I see ebay asking prices from dealers it matches the price on the sticker at the lot.

My logic has been completely consistent this entire time.

I understand why you're in denial about the horrible depreciation on the previous gen E-class... you own one. But that's no reason to call everyone else here and there a bunch of liars. People all around you are saying they got these deals and you just don't want to hear it. If that's the case, just move along and be happy with your car. All cars depreciate, especially when they become the previous generation vehicle.
This is the internet. People make stuff up all the time. Hell, there are people who post on another forum (who are still in undergrad ) who truly don't own the vehicles that they are touting as their own when it is truly moms or pops & live at home with the parents.

Like I said earlier, Reality will sink in once you take a trip to the Mercedes dealership.. 2009 brand new Mercedes Benz for $35,500 or less? Right.... That is used high mileage luxury car prices..
Old 11-01-09, 10:02 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Go to the Mercedes dealership now looking for 2009 E's, inventory will be mostly gone.

Besides EOL/obsolescence/last year of this gen impacting depreciation (and discounting which tends to be related), there's the pereception that you don't want to own this generation of Mercedes without a long factory warranty.
Old 11-01-09, 10:12 AM
madoka
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
This is the internet. People make stuff up all the time. Hell, there are people who post on another forum (who are still in undergrad ) who truly don't own the vehicles that they are touting as their own when it is truly moms or pops & live at home with the parents.

Like I said earlier, Reality will sink in once you take a trip to the Mercedes dealership.. 2009 brand new Mercedes Benz for $35,500 or less? Right.... That is used high mileage luxury car prices..
Eh, the OP posted a deal that is long since dead. I actually shopped around for a E class when the deal was alive and yeah, you could get it for those prices. And yes, the reason why so many people did the deal was that you could get a new E class for less than the cost of a used one at that time. I was quoted about $39K without the USAA discount which I did not qualify for from a couple of dealers. Checked out the car and wasn't impressed enough to pull the trigger. The Genesis has a far nicer interior.

You can go back to putting your fingers in your ears and refuse to believe that they sold for those prices and everyone's a liar, but it did happen. Hell, it was discussed quite a bit in this forum:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...s-e-class.html
Old 11-01-09, 11:24 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by madoka
Eh, the OP posted a deal that is long since dead. I actually shopped around for a E class when the deal was alive and yeah, you could get it for those prices. And yes, the reason why so many people did the deal was that you could get a new E class for less than the cost of a used one at that time. I was quoted about $39K without the USAA discount which I did not qualify for from a couple of dealers. Checked out the car and wasn't impressed enough to pull the trigger. The Genesis has a far nicer interior.

You can go back to putting your fingers in your ears and refuse to believe that they sold for those prices and everyone's a liar, but it did happen. Hell, it was discussed quite a bit in this forum:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...s-e-class.html
No new E350 for you? Darn.. Can you elaborate on the bold text above then I will take you on your latter statement about the fingers on the ears?

Quick Reply: Brand new 2009 Mercedes E350 going for $35,500 or less