Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Which luxury/exotic brand/model would you get?

Old 09-24-09, 10:27 PM
verals05
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aston Martin
Old 09-25-09, 01:19 AM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

Ferrari F430.
Old 09-25-09, 01:22 AM
shajbot
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Porsche 911 Turbo, just pure classical sex.
Old 09-25-09, 03:16 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

aston martin dbs > audi r8 > MB SL/CL AMG > GTR, and I dont know if Fisker Karma counts but I would take one of those bad boys.
Old 09-25-09, 05:17 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Another vote for the R8 V10, a bargain at $150000, if there were such a thing
Old 09-25-09, 07:04 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 564 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
Another vote for the R8 V10, a bargain at $150000, if there were such a thing
For the level of performance it offers I'd call it a bargain
Old 09-25-09, 07:13 AM
ByTor
Driver

Nissan GT-R
Old 09-25-09, 09:26 AM
bad co
Lexus Champion

ZR-1 if you are looking for pure performance!! SL63 amg if you are luxury biased. If you want the best compromise CLK 63 Black Series.
Old 09-25-09, 09:27 AM
bad co
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bad co
ZR-1 if you are looking for pure performance!! SL63 amg if you are luxury biased. If you want the best compromise CLK 63 Black Series.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5_ats59rmo

yes I qouted my self
Old 09-25-09, 02:04 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Radical SR-8. Road legal in Britain. Around the same money as the Audi but will drive circles around it. Current Nordschleife production car record holder.
That is a bit debatable. You can't actually buy the car at dealers, only get it from select distributors. Also it's not road legal everywhere, as I'm not even sure what emissions or safety standards it does or doesn't meet around the world.

Also, it is an open cockpit design, really a race car that's been made barely legal for the street.

So the SR-8 is the Nordschleife world record holder for a road-legal car, but not for an internationally-viable factory production manufacturer's car. That record currently belongs to the Gumpert Apollo Speed, which just last month beat the previous record holder, which was the Viper ACR.

The Gumpert Apollo Speed's production car record time was 7m 11s. The Gumpert is a street-legal race car with a closed cockpit. I guess it could be debated whether it actually holds the record over the Viper ACR.
Old 09-25-09, 02:15 PM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bentley Continental GTC
Old 09-25-09, 02:52 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,837 Likes on 2,326 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
That is a bit debatable. You can't actually buy the car at dealers, only get it from select distributors. Also it's not road legal everywhere, as I'm not even sure what emissions or safety standards it does or doesn't meet around the world.

Also, it is an open cockpit design, really a race car that's been made barely legal for the street.

So the SR-8 is the Nordschleife world record holder for a road-legal car, but not for an internationally-viable factory production manufacturer's car. That record currently belongs to the Gumpert Apollo Speed, which just last month beat the previous record holder, which was the Viper ACR.

The Gumpert Apollo Speed's production car record time was 7m 11s. The Gumpert is a street-legal race car with a closed cockpit. I guess it could be debated whether it actually holds the record over the Viper ACR.
A lot of things are debatable, but this isn't - the SR8 is road legal in Britain. It lapped Nordschliefe at 6:55 after legally driving over public roads from Britain to the track. And it doesn't cost over $300K like the Gumpert. Besides that, Left Lane says the Gumpert competes with the Caparo T-1 and it's in the same vein as the SR8. Radical cars have dealers around the globe, and all parts are available on-line. If that doesn't meet your "production" standard, I really don't know what does since there is nothing "custom" about an SR8 except your choice of options.
Old 09-25-09, 02:58 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
A lot of things are debatable, but this isn't - the SR8 is road legal in Britain. It lapped Nordschliefe at 6:55 after legally driving over public roads from Britain to the track. And it doesn't cost over $300K like the Gumpert. Besides that, Left Lane says the Gumpert competes with the Caparo T-1 and it's in the same vein as the SR8. Radical cars have dealers around the globe, and all parts are available on-line. If that doesn't meet your "production" standard, I really don't know what does since there is nothing "custom" about an SR8 except your choice of options.
Again, it's not road legal in ALL countries. It also, as far as I know, does not pass all safety, emissions, and related standards in all countries.

This argument isn't mine originally anyways, it is other people that argue the production status of the SR-8, saying it cannot be bought and driven anywhere you want in the world. Other people say the SR-8 is a custom-made race car, modified to be road-legal in some countries, and was not designed from the beginning to be a fully legal international production car meeting international standards.
Old 09-25-09, 03:03 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 152 Likes on 90 Posts

A u d i S 8
Old 09-25-09, 08:12 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

corvette ZR1, and a porsche cayenne Turbo

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which luxury/exotic brand/model would you get?