Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Customer Service my experience

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-09, 04:05 PM
LovetheLex
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Lexus Customer Service my experience

I have always heard Lexus customer service was second to none. I can now say beyond a doubt this is true after my recent experience. On July 13th I bought a 2005 ES330. This is my first Lexus and I love it to pieces. The gentleman who sold it to me listed in his add that it was still covered by the 4 year 50k mile bumper to bumper warranty. Problem is, when I printed the car fax I saw that the vehicle was purchased July 13th 2005. This meant my warranty expired the day I purchased it! My new car had one mechanical flaw. The right side mirror would not move up and down. I pointed this out to the seller and he claimed he had never noticed. Well I didn't think too much of it at the time. I felt I got a great deal on the car and I couldn't have been more happy to be driving my shiny new ride.
After getting my car home and parked comfortably in the garage it dawned on me. Calling my local Lexus dealership and asking if they would take care of it two days after the warranty expired couldn't hurt so I did just that. The friendly service rep I spoke with regretfully informed me that there was nothing he could do. He told me the cost of replacing the mirror was over five hundred dollars. I was not upset by this. After all four years had past and it certainly wasn't Lexus' fault I hadn't purchased the vehicle a week before. Well just when I had all but decided to deal with having a near perfect car I decided to call Lexus corporate to ask one more time. I spoke with a very friendly young lady who said she would take up my concern with her higher ups and get back to me within two business days. Just a couple days later I heard back from her. She said they might as a "good will gesture" be able to cover part of the repair costs. All I needed to do was make an appointment and take my car to the dealer to have the exact problem diagnosed. The next day I took my car in and dropped it off. They were very quick to offer a loaner vehicle which is something my last dealer (Chevy) never did even if I was having a thousand dollars worth of work done. Well I just heard back from them and Lexus has agreed to cover the ENTIRE cost of the replacement mirror! I was floored. If they had just offered to help with part of it I would have been thrilled. I never felt they were obligated to do a thing. It turns out everyone saying Lexus customer service is the best in the business are right. I am thrilled to be able to say the same and to own such a great car!

Last edited by LovetheLex; 07-23-09 at 04:28 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-23-09, 04:09 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That is an excellent story.

I hope you enjoy not only your new-to-you Lexus, but also it's services and privileges as well...

By the way, welcome to the Club!
Old 07-23-09, 04:12 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by LovetheLex
I have always heard Lexus customer service was second to none. I can now say beyond a doubt this is true after my recent experience. On July 13th I bought a 2005 ES330. This is my first Lexus and I love it to pieces. The gentleman who sold it to me listed in his add that it was still covered by the 4 year 50k mile bumper to bumper warranty. Problem is, when I printed the car fax I saw that the vehicle was purchased July 13th 2005. This meant my warranty expired the day I purchased it! My new car had one mechanical flaw. The right side mirror would not moved up and down. I pointed this out to the seller and he claimed he had never noticed. Well I didn't think too much of it at the time. I felt I got a great deal on the car and I couldn't have been more happy to be driving my shiny new ride.
After getting my car home and parked comfortably in the garage it dawned on me. Calling my local Lexus dealership and asking if they would take care of it two days after the warranty expired couldn't hurt so I did just that. The friendly service rep I spoke with regretfully informed me that there was nothing he could do. He told me the cost of replacing the mirror was over five hundred dollars. I was not upset by this. After all four years had past and it certainly wasn't Lexus' fault I hadn't purchased the vehicle a week before. Well just when I had all but decided to deal with having a near perfect car I decided to call Lexus corporate to ask one more time. I spoke with a very friendly young lady who said she would take up my concern with her higher ups and get back to me within two business days. Just a couple days later I heard back from her. She said they might as a "good will gesture" be able to cover part of the repair costs. All I needed to do was make an appointment and take my car to the dealer to have the exact problem diagnosed. The next day I took my car in and dropped it off. They were very quick to offer a loaner vehicle which is something my last dealer (Chevy) never did even if I was having a thousand dollars worth of work done. Well I just heard back from them and Lexus has agreed to cover the ENTIRE cost of the replacement mirror! I was floored. If they had just offered to help with part of it I would have been thrilled. I never felt they were obligated to do a thing. It turns out everyone saying Lexus customer service is the best in the business are right. I am thrilled to be able to say the same and to own such a great car!
Congrats and excellent story! THanks for sharing!!

Old 07-23-09, 04:26 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

That's awesome. I'm currently dealing with the same problem (left mirror). 05 ES330 also, however, with 98k miles

Glad lexus took care of the problem.
Old 07-23-09, 04:29 PM
LovetheLex
Rookie

Originally Posted by GSteg
That's awesome. I'm currently dealing with the same problem (left mirror). 05 ES330 also, however, with 98k miles

Glad lexus took care of the problem.

Good luck to you. I was pretty surprised to hear how expensive they are to replace.
Old 07-23-09, 04:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

wow good story, congrats on having it repaired!
Old 07-23-09, 05:02 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

i have had a lot of things repaired under "goodwill" even though im at 98 thousand miles thats lexus for ya
Old 07-23-09, 05:10 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Props to you for doing your due diligence and also to that Lexus customer service lady who did follow up and call back within 2 days, with GREAT news! Glad they got the mirror fixed and were willing to bend the rules, only 2 days out of warranty.
Old 07-23-09, 06:12 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Today they gave me a IS350 with 25K miles for a loaner. That car was beatup but fortunately it still ran strong.

The service experience was very good btw (30K service and free low dust front brake pads).
Old 07-23-09, 07:42 PM
LovetheLex
Rookie

They give out Camrys for loaners at my dealership. A 350 would have been great.
Old 07-23-09, 09:43 PM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

gotta love Lexus!
Old 07-23-09, 10:12 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LovetheLex
They give out Camrys for loaners at my dealership. A 350 would have been great.
I was also offered the choice of a 08 RX, I declined.
Old 07-24-09, 01:07 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

That's a great story no doubt. However most premium car makes are doing similar gestures. It's pretty common these days if you are just out of warranty and something (minor) breaks.
Old 07-24-09, 04:07 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

I'm glad you got your mirror fixed. I'm a bit surprised that you had to take it to corporate, though. I'm pretty certain if you had asked to speak with the service manager at the dealer, it would have been taken care of. One day out of warranty? To ANY Lexus dealer, it's still under warranty.
Old 07-24-09, 05:31 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Today they gave me a IS350 with 25K miles for a loaner. That car was beatup but fortunately it still ran strong.

did it have a lot of rattles?

Quick Reply: Lexus Customer Service my experience