Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: So, which one did he buy?
Acura TL extra extra large beak special SH-Type R A Spec AWD FWD 5 speed auto
4.95%
Mike is a new age cock, so he bought an Audi S4 and he will chip it or is it already chipped?
2.97%
Mike is an old school cock, so he bought an E46 M3 as its an icon
7.92%
IS 350 with some F-sport parts and back seat removal so he can fit
2.97%
Pontiac G8 GXP because damnit, manual/Covette engine/brembos and 0% financing heats his balls
13.86%
GS 450h because Mike wants to be full of smug while beating your ass from the light.
16.83%
IS-F in white with white seats as he is going full retro PDW "cocaine white" mode
9.90%
G37 b/c you can't go wrong with 330hp and $330 lease deals
8.91%
GS 430 b/c its the next logical step and the price is right
10.89%
People still buy cars? I thought the world was over?
3.96%
I was hoping he would never come back.
5.94%
He hit the lotto and bought an Aston Martin DBS. Or he got a job at AIG.....
0%
Rare German Goat b/c its full of "soul" and superior to all other goats b/c well, its full of "soul"
6.93%
SC 430 to mod all the way out
3.96%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Well I am back and Im feeling SMUG(GS 450h)....(update) modified hybrid? lol

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-09, 09:25 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

will someone remind why we are guessing what car he bought and why it is so important for us to guess. LOL Enough with the 8 year old guessing games... lets see the pics. This whole " bigger than a bread basket" thing is getting old.
Old 04-15-09, 09:53 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
will someone remind why we are guessing what car he bought and why it is so important for us to guess. LOL Enough with the 8 year old guessing games... lets see the pics. This whole " bigger than a bread basket" thing is getting old.
You need to chill out before everytime you post here the only letters we will see from you are T O O L.

I hate Comcast the internet was down.

Old 04-15-09, 09:57 PM
LexFather

I've been very happy so far with the MPG considering this thing has 339/340 hp
Attached Thumbnails Well I am back and Im feeling SMUG(GS 450h)....(update) modified hybrid? lol-mpg-so-far.jpg  

Old 04-15-09, 09:58 PM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HA!

So I was right, it's a GS450h. Awesome choice by the way, how you liking it so far?

By the way, Comcast does suck, they are the worst wideband internet provider I have ever used, always down like every other week.
Old 04-16-09, 03:29 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I've been very happy so far with the MPG considering this thing has 339/340 hp
A W E S O M E !!!! Mike use her well and post up some pics.

Congratulations, GS450h is a great choice

Last edited by TripleL; 04-16-09 at 03:58 AM. Reason: missing words :)
Old 04-16-09, 03:55 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm... I guessed 450h as well... but an Audi S5 has 340hp as well.... and next to last choice says "soul" twice... hmmm.... but the graph gives it away

Last edited by rdgdawg; 04-16-09 at 05:22 AM.
Old 04-16-09, 04:23 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Very nice!! I see some dips in the graph..heavy foot?
Old 04-16-09, 04:53 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As much as I want to say "congrats", I feel like the most appropriate thing is "I hate you".

Drive it to the meet tomorrow!
Old 04-16-09, 05:32 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

I knew beforehand that it was a GS450H...that's why I disqualified myself and didn't vote on the poll (in public).

Last edited by mmarshall; 04-16-09 at 05:53 AM.
Old 04-16-09, 05:33 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by rdgdawg
Hmmm... I guessed 450h as well... but an Audi S5 has 340hp as well.... and next to last choice says "soul" twice... hmmm.... but the graph gives it away
The S5, while well-done inside, will not likely be as reliable as a GS.
Old 04-16-09, 05:48 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mmarshall
The S5, while well-done inside, will not likely be as reliable as a GS.
Morning Mike... boy, am I glad the S5 deal fell through... getting emails and visiting forum posts almost daily from S5 owners having problems with their S5s, clutches, MMI, fuel/oil pumps.... goes on... scary!!! I have my two purchases picked out, but nothing (as stated in earlier thread) until they are in the Dawg's garage!!!

Sorry to hijack thread Sick.... BOT.... congrats on the 450h... is it all you dreamed it would be???
Old 04-16-09, 06:15 AM
LexFather

Thanks yall. Funny first my cable was down then the site went down. They hating on me
Here is a pic, reviews to come on it and other choices. 2nd place was the Pontiac G8 GXP, I love that car.

Old 04-16-09, 06:22 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by rdgdawg
Morning Mike... boy, am I glad the S5 deal fell through... getting emails and visiting forum posts almost daily from S5 owners having problems with their S5s, clutches, MMI, fuel/oil pumps.... goes on... scary!!! I have my two purchases picked out, but nothing (as stated in earlier thread) until they are in the Dawg's garage!!!

Sorry to hijack thread Sick.... BOT.... congrats on the 450h... is it all you dreamed it would be???
No problem. Looked at the S5 but prices were where I would consider a bunch of other cars, from 911 turbos to M5s.... They are so beautiful to me, reason alone to purchase.

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
As much as I want to say "congrats", I feel like the most appropriate thing is "I hate you".

Drive it to the meet tomorrow!
I will see u there.

Originally Posted by GSteg
Very nice!! I see some dips in the graph..heavy foot?
This car is serene and I drive it completely opposite as the old 400/430. I just cruise Thing is, the CVT and instant torque from the battery make it VERY tempting to punch it and it will move out its own pay. Passing power is incredible.
Originally Posted by ffpowerLN
HA!

So I was right, it's a GS450h. Awesome choice by the way, how you liking it so far?

By the way, Comcast does suck, they are the worst wideband internet provider I have ever used, always down like every other week.
Comcast ftl. Funny I've driven it on the track and around town for a little while so I wasn't a stranger to it. That said it has passed my expectations.

Originally Posted by TripleL
A W E S O M E !!!! Mike use her well and post up some pics.

Congratulations, GS450h is a great choice
Yeah that is a crappy iPhone pic, I hope to take some soon. I need to drop her butt asap

Old 04-16-09, 06:44 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
No problem. Looked at the S5 but prices were where I would consider a bunch of other cars, from 911 turbos to M5s.... They are so beautiful to me, reason alone to purchase.

This car is serene and I drive it completely opposite as the old 400/430. I just cruise Thing is, the CVT and instant torque from the battery make it VERY tempting to punch it and it will move out its own pay. Passing power is incredible.
... Funny I've driven it on the track and around town for a little while so I wasn't a stranger to it. That said it has passed my expectations.
So how does it "handle" when driving a little "aggressively".... Mr. Wishy Washy is curious...
Old 04-16-09, 06:49 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 582 Likes on 401 Posts

Congrats on the new ride

Quick Reply: Well I am back and Im feeling SMUG(GS 450h)....(update) modified hybrid? lol