Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

In this environment, THIS is how Nissan dealerships are winning customers????

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-09, 02:44 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by luxury1
Making generalizations like this is very ignorant.
Maybe so, but so typical on Club Lexus and it seems to be encouraged.
Old 02-05-09, 02:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
oh yeah, like how?

salesperson who don't care about customer services, they are everywhere. not just nissan, not just lexus, not just bmw. and they are stupid for judging customers by their outlook and fashion. i don't have to be in suit in order to show i have money to buy a certain car.

please elaborate
Old 02-05-09, 03:12 PM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

You have to know, sales person apply for a job, it's not like the manufacturer hand pick and train their employees even if they do, there's no guarantee he'll be an a$$ when they treat specific customers that might have dressed cheaply
Old 02-05-09, 03:14 PM
LexFather

I am going to ask you not put the entire forum together unless you have over 100,000 examples of each member doing what you accuse them of.
What I have seen recently is a crop of baseless or pretty ridiculous posts spreading misinformation. If there is an issue you can alert the admin or moderator team.

As for this issue, I've had bad sales experiences at BMW, Benz, Lexus, Infiniti, Acura, Nissan, Toyota, Hyundai, etc. No one is immune to it in my experience.

Old 02-05-09, 03:29 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
oh yeah, like how?

salesperson who don't care about customer services, they are everywhere. not just nissan, not just lexus, not just bmw. and they are stupid for judging customers by their outlook and fashion. i don't have to be in suit in order to show i have money to buy a certain car.

please elaborate
I agree with Henry here.

Why in the world would you ever walk into a dealership and announce that you have money? Do you think that they're going to give you a better deal if they know you have cash?

If a salesperson were smart, they would at least take the time to get to know the guest....you never know who you might turn away.
Old 02-05-09, 05:18 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

I am going to ask you not put the entire forum together unless you have over 100,000 examples of each member doing what you accuse them of.
What I have seen recently is a crop of baseless or pretty ridiculous posts spreading misinformation. If there is an issue you can alert the admin or moderator team.

As for this issue, I've had bad sales experiences at BMW, Benz, Lexus, Infiniti, Acura, Nissan, Toyota, Hyundai, etc. No one is immune to it in my experience.
Of course this was not intended to say the entire forum is nonsense etc., but if my sentence was misinterpreted as that, then I'm sorry.

As for the issue, I agree, unfortunately no brand is immune to poor salesmanship.
Old 02-05-09, 05:20 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

oh yeah, like how?

please elaborate
No thanks.
Old 02-05-09, 05:57 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

and they are stupid for judging customers by their outlook and fashion.
I had a sales person loose a sale like this. I walked in kinda scruffy, went right to the car I was looking at...waited for one of these guys to come up so I could tell them I was interested, and drive the car. First sales man came up and kinda looked me up and down. Asked if he could help me. I told him I was interested in the car and would like to drive it. His response was "how serious are you? Cause we dont usually let people just drive the car. I said "Pretty serious, I just want to make sure it was mechanically fine." He told me not to worry, and if I wanted to drive it, the dealership would need a deposit prior.

"Okay" I said. I turned around and right as another sales man walked by. I grabbed his arm and said. You want to sell me that car? Then pulled out an envelope with the over $10k down payment in it. The guy backed out the car and and a dealer plate on it for me in under ten minutes. I made sure that he only got the commission telling the manager about the entire event. I even haggled $3k off the car.

please elaborate
No thanks.
You answered 1SICKLEX's question about this, Right? Posting the above response was to what? Get a final jab in like a ten year old? Why not just post nothing at all?
Old 02-05-09, 05:59 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,096 Likes on 1,359 Posts

ok, i think we have general agreement, bad salespeople are not unique to any brand, and if you find a bad one but are still interested in the vehicle, talk to the sales manager.

QED