Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Official IS250-C pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-08, 09:45 AM
inLine4
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What happend to passionate pursuit of perfection?
Old 10-02-08, 09:46 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

it's not gonna look better in person.

you must have messed up eyeballs if you see differently from the camera lens.

my advice to lexus: Scrap this junk. It's a very ugly image in the lexus line up. The rotten apple.
Old 10-02-08, 09:49 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow.. Just wow... I expected something along the lines of that beautiful concept Who here will be the first to buy this vert
Old 10-02-08, 09:57 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Oy vay

I thought Lexus corp. or associates read through Club Lexus?
I wonder why there wasn't an opinion thread as to what we would want for the next IS coupe/convertible??????????????????????????????????????????

Dunnojack has the nice chop where the trunk is flat

Hopefully this will stay in Europe and we get a nicer looking IS-C
Old 10-02-08, 10:06 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by UDel
It is very disappointing. Lexus blew a big opportunity to offer a sleek looking nice sporty coupe that could also be somewhat of a sportscar by going the G35/37 coupe route and making the coupe version very different from the sedan version and pretty much a totally different car that people would really want. The G coupes are more like 2+2 versions of the 350Z instead of just a 2 door G35 sedan and that is why they sold so well and highly boosted the image of Infiniti. This IS-c looks more of less just like an afterthought and they simply just chopped 2 doors off from the sedan and added a hard top conv which ruined its proportions, the sedan looks much better compared to the IS-c and that is not good when you are supposed to buy coupes based mainly on looks and emotion. It reminds me of the 2 door versions of the Camry and Accord of the late 80's and early 90's where they just chopped 2 doors off and they looked just like the sedans but with 2 doors and were more of an afterthought and not great looking, no reason to choose them over the sedan.

The new 3 series coupe looks sleek as a 2 door, it may not be as radical a difference between the sedan as a G35/37 but it is certainly different and a good deal better looking then the sedan. The Audi A5/S5 is a much nicer looking car and has much better powertrain options.

Lexus was certainly not going for the sleek sexy sports car/coupe with the IS-c and has more or less just gone for a boulevard cruiser chick car like the SC430. This car will not really appeal to men or enthusiast at all but I think it will sell pretty well to woman who would love a relatively affordable hardtop convertable Lexus that gets decent gas mileage. It kind of competes with the Saab 2 door convertible and Volvo convertible and really does not compete at all with the G37, 3 series, A5, coupes and convertibles as they are more different and better looking then their sedan counterparts and focus more on being sportier. If it is not too expensive and overpriced the IS-c I think will sell pretty well to female buyers like the RX and could be a hit if priced right and hits all the marks but it certainly will not sell on looks or performance or entice G37, S5, or 3 series coupe/conv male shoppers.
1.I am too underwhelmed with the styling
2. The G35/37, first, last Maxima, Altima, 350Z, M35/45, etc all look very similar. You also forget to mention the G35s sold so well b/c of price, they started at 28k.
3. You kinda go off on this, yet think Acura design is fine (the worst looking luxury lineup in the history of luxury branded cars), so your opinion is duly noted.
4. Most convertibles appeal to women, not just Lexus. Sigh.
5. Ridiculous to say this competes with a Saab no one knows even exists. It maybe bland but IT IS G37/3 series competiton.

Old 10-02-08, 10:12 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Oy vay

I thought Lexus corp. or associates read through Club Lexus?
I wonder why there wasn't an opinion thread as to what we would want for the next IS coupe/convertible??????????????????????????????????????????

Dunnojack has the nice chop where the trunk is flat

Hopefully this will stay in Europe and we get a nicer looking IS-C
But it will lose boot space, yes that's trunk space for the British
They emphasize that in their press release, though I have to see the boot space in person to have an opinion on how large it really is :
PRESS RELEASE

IS 250C – World Premiere

Making its world debut at the 2008 Paris Motor Show, the new IS 250C combines the sporting elegance of the IS sedan with superlative engineering ingenuity to create a unique fusion of top-down driving pleasure and uncompromised closed-top dynamic performance in the premium sedan segment. Its lightweight, aluminium folding roof structure boasts the fastest three-part roof opening time of just 20 seconds. Through the remarkably compact packaging of its roof mechanism, the IS 250C offers a large boot space, generous rear seat access and spacious rear passenger accommodation.

Sharing the IS 250's 153kW/208DIN hp, 2.5 litre ultra-smooth V6 powerplant and 6-speed automatic transmission, the new Lexus convertible has been styled to offer minimal wind turbulence when driving with the hard top stowed. The enhanced torsional stiffness of the IS 250C design promotes ride comfort appropriate to the marque and, in coupe configuration, reduced noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) characteristics on a par with those of the IS sedan.
Old 10-02-08, 10:19 AM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ES3

From the gallery, for the SC430 people, this back seat is cavernous!

You say that but, I can make my SC430 backseat look like this too....if I run the front seat up so that only someone under 5"2" could drive it.
Old 10-02-08, 10:21 AM
*wishlist*
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the problem i have with this and overall the refreshed IS design is they tried to soften the lines too much. now with the IS250C, it looks okay but there's obvious compromises made for the hardtop. it's just that the wheelbase looks a bit too long making some of the side profile angles look/feel as if there is something missing there. i'm sure it would look better in person because the character line on the shoulder seems kind of hidden in the pictures. and i am not feelin those wheels. i think it would've been nice if they showed an is350c with all the sport package niceness first and worked down from there.

Last edited by *wishlist*; 10-02-08 at 10:24 AM.
Old 10-02-08, 10:23 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Habious
You say that but, I can make my SC430 backseat look like this too....if I run the front seat up so that only someone under 5"2" could drive it.
The back of the seats are not as straight and vertical as the SC430's backseats though, I think these will be more comfortable
Old 10-02-08, 10:34 AM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
The back of the seats are not as straight and vertical as the SC430's backseats though, I think these will be more comfortable
I know this is only my opinion but, TO ME, a "4-seater" means that 4 6-foot tall American adults can fit comfortably in it. Not two "average" adults and 2 children. Me (6'1"), my wife (6'), my dad (6'4") and my mom (5'6"). A car that these 4 real people can fit in is a 4-seater, anything else is a compromise. Now, I'm not putting down the IS250C for having a small back seat; I've squeezed 4 adults into a Sebring convertible before...not comfortable...and that's a HUGE convertible compared to the IS250C or the SC430.

While I haven't seen it in person, I'm sure that the IS250C has more backseat room than my SC430 but, it's simply not a real 4-seater.
Old 10-02-08, 10:36 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Don't care, it's a two-seater, the SC's rear seat is an excellent luggage rack that can hold A LOT of groceries and other stuff when required, it has been very useful to me.
I have zero desire to trade my 6-year old SC430(with a little less than 30,000 miles) for this new IS coupe ...
exactly, i have yet to see a sc430 owner who actually cares one bit about the rear seat (and i'd call them stupid). the seats are there to make insurance cheaper, i am totally fine

back to the is-c.... actually i think i should have compared it with the e93. fwiw, i don't like e93, i think the lines are awful and quite a bit worse than the e92 coupe, where the lines are very smooth and blend together

but this is-c is just awk is so many ways. to me it's really like the front / rear / top of the car are from different design department and then they just screw them together. it just doesn't work for me, things don't flow together at all. and imho it's no comparison to the sc430. i don't think sc430 is perfect, but lines flow much better together than this...

even if they make a coupe, thus assuming "better" top design. the rear of the car still don't goes well with the front at all. so to me, it still loses to the e92...
Old 10-02-08, 10:40 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 564 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by Habious
I know this is only my opinion but, TO ME, a "4-seater" means that 4 6-foot tall American adults can fit comfortably in it. Not two "average" adults and 2 children. Me (6'1"), my wife (6'), my dad (6'4") and my mom (5'6"). A car that these 4 real people can fit in is a 4-seater, anything else is a compromise. Now, I'm not putting down the IS250C for having a small back seat; I've squeezed 4 adults into a Sebring convertible before...not comfortable...and that's a HUGE convertible compared to the IS250C or the SC430.

While I haven't seen it in person, I'm sure that the IS250C has more backseat room than my SC430 but, it's simply not a real 4-seater.
You four wouldn't be able to fit in the IS sedan comfortably so it's no wonder you wouldn't fit in the convert
Old 10-02-08, 10:45 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

anybody know where we can find the unveiling autoshow video?
Old 10-02-08, 10:49 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

I do think this car looks better with the top down though, & I think most will drive it with the top down as much as possible anyway :

Old 10-02-08, 10:55 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,358 Posts

[quote]PRESS RELEASE

the IS 250C offers ... spacious rear passenger accommodation.
Spacious, for, rodents?

Quick Reply: Official IS250-C pics