Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti financing/lease deals galore 0% for 72 months

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-08, 07:49 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKGOAT
Don't tell anyone we agree on something.
We pretty much agree on most things except the heated Acura topic
Old 08-22-08, 07:55 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by UDel
We pretty much agree on most things except the heated Acura topic
You know, that is actually true. We did both think the EX was going to sell as well as sweaters to Egyptians in July.

Old 08-22-08, 10:00 PM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well not even a year and I was right. A sales flop. You can now get 0% financing up to 72 months on an EX. (and the QX)

Lexus Financial won't finance after 60 months.

Just went to the website, wow
Infiniti M35/45, G35, G37c, 0% or 0.9% APR 60 months

Nothing on the FX b/c its new but like the EX, it will flop. Wait a few months if you want one.

Like BMW, I never approved of this "luxurious" way of selling luxury vehicles. It drives sales short term but kills prestige and it kills your dealers when trades start to pile in, especially SUV trades as we have seen recently. It kills your bottom line and profitability.

I see 0% financing, I think GM.

On the flipside, if you want an Infiniti, the consumer clearly wins here.

You see, being a true luxury brand is not just selling a great vehicle. Its the ENTIRE WAY you do business.
I dont see what the big deal is. They may be offering those kind of incentives but it is only to well qualified buyers; meaning that you likely need tier 1 credit to get approved for that APR. Most people will not qualify, especially now with the economy we have. They are just using that technique to lure buyers into infiniti dealerships. BMW does a similar thing. Doesnt hurt their prestige. MB has great lease deals on their cars. Even lexus has cheap lease deals on the IS, ES, RX. All luxury manufacturers offer incentives for their cars. In this case, this is for Infiniti's summer event which has only been going on for less than a month. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 08-22-08, 10:19 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Hypnotik
I dont see what the big deal is. They may be offering those kind of incentives but it is only to well qualified buyers; meaning that you likely need tier 1 credit to get approved for that APR. Most people will not qualify, especially now with the economy we have. They are just using that technique to lure buyers into infiniti dealerships. BMW does a similar thing. Doesnt hurt their prestige. MB has great lease deals on their cars. Even lexus has cheap lease deals on the IS, ES, RX. All luxury manufacturers offer incentives for their cars. In this case, this is for Infiniti's summer event which has only been going on for less than a month. Nothing wrong with that.
You are proving the point. If you need this type of deal(s) to lure people to your dealerships, your product is not as desirable as people on the internet want you to believe. People bash GM for doing it all the time. Infiniti is offering the same deal. You are selling based on PRICE not on your PRODUCT.

I never said Lexus doesn't have lease offers, the ES/RX/IS always have some sort of lease deal going but never anything like this.

Old 08-22-08, 10:48 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with 1Sickgoat on all counts about Infiniti. Where were you when they were holding focus group meetings?

I saw an EX on the road the other day and thought it looked decent, but for $35K, there are a lot of other options. It doesn't hit the mark on anything.
Old 08-22-08, 11:11 PM
suicidesam
Lexus Test Driver

Lexus Financial won't finance after 60 months.
are you sure???
Old 08-22-08, 11:18 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Should not be financing beyond 3 years anyhow. 72 months is nuts. The car will be old and outdated in 5 years and people will still be making payments. 0% financing though is no brainer. Leverage that extra money in investments.
Old 08-23-08, 12:20 AM
newr
Lexus Champion

great news for the consummers.... it's buyers market.
Old 08-23-08, 01:49 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good thing since i was considering a g37 anyways.....lexus has always offered low lease terms. you should see some of the deals they offer to businesses.
Old 08-23-08, 03:24 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Those Infiniti EX's & G35/37's are selling like hotcakes in NYC... Everyday, I see them on the road. Beautiful exhaust note on these vehicles..
Old 08-23-08, 10:02 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

()#$()#() it Henry I literally spit my Welch's White Grape Juice out reading that....I like that damn juice...

I also recommend it with

http://www.navanworld.com/soon_to_come.htm

Vodka. It is grape based, so mixed with the white grape juice, well its crack

I mean that in an upscale, mature, snobbish way.
oh man i will buy you the juice next time

seriously this is a good deal (obviously) but at the same time you have to think why. if they are not suffering there is no way they would put up deals like these...

but on my side, sorry but we still can't put the hammer on any infiniti. we tried, and we tried, but couldn't find anything we like.

but maybe the money factor will take us back for another try
Old 08-23-08, 12:17 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've seen 2-3 EX's on the road..

Originally Posted by Threxx
The EX... haven't seen many but I did check one out in person the other day and couldn't help but think that it looked like a woman's shoe.
LOL!!! I think the EX looks fine but now that comparison is hard to forget!
Old 08-23-08, 02:59 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its really a wagon/hatchback. The EX cannot tow anything, like a SUV can.
Interesting... cause even a wagon can tow something.

Well yeah I suppose it is a G35 wagon lol. A nice looking one though =)
Old 08-24-08, 11:01 PM
meanboy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Hypnotik
My first post in awhile. I read that the leasing deals are hurting BMW because of the lower residuals. I don't know how the others will be effected by that in the future.

http://www.autoobserver.com/2008/08/...tough-too.html

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1d8daec2-5...077b07658.html
Old 08-25-08, 01:08 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Those Infiniti EX's & G35/37's are selling like hotcakes in NYC... Everyday, I see them on the road. Beautiful exhaust note on these vehicles..

NYC is just frickin weird.

it's nissan's kingdom over there.