Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Gas Stations in New Jersey Ripping Off Consumers

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-08, 01:03 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by silvervett
It's all Bush's fault
You're right! And while you're at it you should blame him for the overcooked salmon dinner I had the other night .
Old 07-18-08, 09:00 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silvervett
It's all Bush's fault
Old 07-19-08, 03:14 AM
Hazelrah
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
scandal!!! In AZ most people dont realize that with increased temp we are all paying for more gas than what we are getting bec of the heat and the exsoansion. Its been shown to be something like 1-2% , but as prices increase more people are starting to trip out.
Same problem in SoCal. There was an article in the LA Times noting that people were starting to pay attention to this problem. Gas stations can install special meters to compensate for it, but of course they argue that it is too expensive and the gas expansion isn't a big deal. Funny thing is, in colder climates like Canada, where the temperature actually saves customers money, the gas stations have long since installed the meters to adjust for the temperature!
Old 07-20-08, 11:32 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Default Here's another scam

I came back from vacation to hear that my in-law had her a check card "skimmed" when she used it at a gas pump. Luckily the card she used was not her primary card and the crooks got away with only about $20 or so. A couple of days ago I pulled up to a Shell station and the pump clearly looked as it was tampered with. I went inside to report it and only one of the two clerks knew "something" about it. He said that it was broken and was recently repaired. The other two clerks had no idea of it and thanked me for letting them know. I took pics of the tampered pump and another one that appeared to look normal. In the pics, you can clearly see something don't look right.
Attached Thumbnails Gas Stations in New Jersey Ripping Off Consumers-img029.jpg  
Old 07-20-08, 11:34 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Here's one that looks to be normal and untampered with at another pump at the same gas station.
Attached Thumbnails Gas Stations in New Jersey Ripping Off Consumers-img030.jpg