Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Car sponsorship.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-08, 07:25 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Car sponsorship.

I got and email from some companies after questioning about parts, no I cant tell which companies, but I can say that atleast 2 of them are willing to sponsor parts with some terms. These are not small companies either..

I will be getting parts either at cost, or reimbursements for parts that i purchase if I'm willing to be a sponsor scout, attend major car show events here in the Houston, TX area and help with show setup and display, and be willing to have myself and my car have media exposure.

i just want some opinions to see what everyone here thinks.
Old 03-24-08, 07:35 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

If you just 'got an email' from them and weren't approached by someone who saw your car at a show or had experience with you personally then it's probably not worth pursuing.
Old 03-24-08, 07:36 AM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

watch out with some of sponsorship terms, read the fine print some will say that they will provide you with the parts, but if it is not a full sponsorship where they give you the parts. They could drop you and require you to either give all of the parts back in like new condition or if they are not like new pay for them at retail price. Be careful
Old 03-24-08, 07:46 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

I know a couple people that have delt with before, and have been for about 5 yrs now. It will be a full sponsorship, but they have not seen the car, but they do know what it is, and its condition. I had a friend thats sponsored with them make some calls for me to see if its legit. I replied to the email stating that i wanted a full description of the requirements and terms related to my car, products, and terms of the parts before i make any decisions.

thanks for the replies and the heads up.
Old 03-24-08, 07:53 AM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice, i would say go for it it sounds good especially since you friend has been there with them for 5 years.
Old 03-24-08, 08:19 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

carsponsorships.com? lmao
Old 03-24-08, 09:42 AM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

they wanted to sponsor my car...i told em to go away haha
Old 03-24-08, 09:53 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Don't do it. I almost fell for one of those deals when I had my 240 with SR etc. My car was pretty much done already so the discount would have been a waste and then the show schedule couldn't work for me plus I didn't want big stickers on my car.

Last edited by plex; 03-24-08 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Typed too fast lol
Old 03-24-08, 10:18 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i am with dave. if it's random emails, it falls into those "too good to be true" category
Old 03-24-08, 10:48 AM
hass
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back in 02, i sent a professional letter to importfan.com with a proposal about showing off their body kit at car shows. I got everything for free but paid for shipping, if you can get someone to check out their warehouse and are legit why not? Have someone check it out.
Old 03-24-08, 12:25 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

its not carsponsorships.com, or any other scamming company like that.

its a company that i had emailed asking questions about possible parts for an na-t. i gave a full description of what i was looking for, and what i had wanted to do. they replied with all my questions answered, and included an offer for sponsorship. i was referred to the company by a friend that is sponsored by them already, and although his car isnt my taste, the numbers he puts down is amazing for what little he has paid for parts.

i'm just curious if it would be worth the time in trade for parts. and i am waiting for him to contact them to make sure the offer is legit
Old 03-24-08, 12:28 PM
ISmy350JDM
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

S C A M....many from myspace ads and what not. they take your money and personal information......give you stickers and call it a day.

no offense but don't waste your time and money...you are better off getting hook ups from local car shops by being friends with them and a frequent shopper.