ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Car Chat (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat-139/)
-   -   go build your own 135i at BMWUSA.COM...over $42k with prem + sports pkg and NO NAV (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat/331892-go-build-your-own-135i-at-bmwusa-com-over-42k-with-prem-sports-pkg-and-no-nav.html)

RXGS 01-26-08 04:58 PM

hmm, i thought at first the 1 series would be like the mb a class in europe, a cheap way to say u owned a premium brand car, for a lower price, i guess i was right, except for the price par, on another note, i didnt know the new accord could come with a manual, pretty cool

Koma 01-26-08 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by jmd93 (Post 3226550)
hmm, i thought at first the 1 series would be like the mb a class in europe, a cheap way to say u owned a premium brand car, for a lower price, i guess i was right, except for the price par, on another note, i didnt know the new accord could come with a manual, pretty cool

I don't know of any Accord that wasn't available with a manual.

-J-P-L- 01-26-08 06:23 PM

I just built one (with the 4-tire option) for $107,990!!

j/k :D

RXGS 01-27-08 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Koma (Post 3226655)
I don't know of any Accord that wasn't available with a manual.

i just wasn't aware thats all, considering more and more people are buying automatics, i thought they would have dropped it, thats all,

Koma 01-27-08 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by jmd93 (Post 3229180)
i just wasn't aware thats all, considering more and more people are buying automatics, i thought they would have dropped it, thats all,

Ah ok. I thought that you were surprised to see a manual because you thought they hadn't offered it before.

CK6Speed 01-27-08 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by UDel (Post 3226289)
That interior is horrible and a new low for bangle interiors, looks like they went out of their way to make it look plain and cheap yet still price it over 30K.

You don't like this type of interior? I kind of like it. Simple and clean. I can see everything that I would want or need. I'm not too sure about the flip up nav, but I like my nav screens as high up on the dash as possible. The center console also looks nice and clean. I would prefer the Ac controls to be at the bottom with the radio either a standard double din or at least at the top, but otherwise I like the fact that the AC and radio are all separate. Over all it sort of reminds me of my E46 interior.

-J-P-L- 01-27-08 07:00 PM

I don't know why people are complaining about the interior that much. It's the only decent thing about this vehicle. :confused: Although for the price it does lack a luxurious feel but so don't all BMW's.

Simple is good and doesn't mean plain.

knihc2008 01-27-08 07:06 PM

I've said time and time again that this car is RIDICULOUSLY overpriced. I even think the 3er is ridiculously overpriced, and the fact that BMW can offer a completely new line of vehicle BELOW the 3er for the SAME (or more) money as the 3er's competitors says wonders.

4TehNguyen 01-27-08 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by CK6Speed (Post 3229203)
You don't like this type of interior? I kind of like it. Simple and clean. I can see everything that I would want or need. I'm not too sure about the flip up nav, but I like my nav screens as high up on the dash as possible. The center console also looks nice and clean. I would prefer the Ac controls to be at the bottom with the radio either a standard double din or at least at the top, but otherwise I like the fact that the AC and radio are all separate. Over all it sort of reminds me of my E46 interior.

why even buy a luxury brand if you want minimalistic and simple, the complete opposite of what luxury is suppose to be

bagwell 01-27-08 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen (Post 3229268)
why even buy a luxury brand if you want minimalistic and simple, the complete opposite of what luxury is suppose to be

+1..................

LexFather 01-27-08 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by bagwell (Post 3229299)
+1..................

+2........................

CK6Speed 01-27-08 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen (Post 3229268)

Because the luxury brands generally have nicer looking cars and things that I like. Hey, remember I'm the guy that doesn't really care what badge is on the hood as long as it is a car I like. I'm one of those that posted in the Hyundai Genesis posts that I like the car and probably would buy one. The Luxury image doesn't impress me and I could care less. It just happens that the Luxury cars are usually better over all than the mainstream cars, thus the reason why I buy some of them.

LexFather 01-27-08 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by CK6Speed (Post 3229341)
Because the luxury brands generally have nicer looking cars and things that I like. Hey, remember I'm the guy that doesn't really care what badge is on the hood as long as it is a car I like. I'm one of those that posted in the Hyundai Genesis posts that I like the car and probably would buy one. The Luxury image doesn't impress me and I could care less. It just happens that the Luxury cars are usually better over all than the mainstream cars, thus the reason why I buy some of them.

Surprised you don't have an Acura RL then:D

CK6Speed 01-27-08 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX (Post 3229350)
Surprised you don't have an Acura RL then:D

Hey, I actually thought about it. But even I can admit the RL might not be the best bang for the buck. I'm actually anticipating the new Acura TSX. If it really does get the I4 Turbo I'd rather have that car. I like the current TSX a lot.

4TehNguyen 01-27-08 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by CK6Speed (Post 3229341)

genesis coupe vs 1 series coupe

oops