ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Car Chat (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat-139/)
-   -   Best mod and cheap too! (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat/320431-best-mod-and-cheap-too.html)

jesod 11-25-07 11:47 PM

Best mod and cheap too!

I read this on another forum, I wonder if this would work on our Lexus?

Posted on an Audi forum:

"Hey guys, I've got a 98 1.8T. I've had a k04 and chip for a while and wanted to get more performance. I was recommended to port and polish the intake and exhaust. We found out they used abrasive material to do it like gritty sand. So I got with my friend that tunes Hondas and we decided to try it ourselves. We got a bag of sandblasting sand and hooked up into the intake and started the car. We had to hold the gas so it would run. He wanted to let the engine suck in the sand through the intake so it would port it out and then push it out the ehxaust so it would port the exhaust manifold.
I was worried that it might cause problems but he figured it'd be OK as long as we didn't make boost and it get sucked in the turbo. After running the car and letting it suck in sand we got about half way through a 25 lb bag. The check engine light was on and the engine was bucking and kicking and sounding really weird. We stopped and hooked the car back up normal and took off the sand supply. We tried to start it again and it was really hard. Once started it couldn't idle and kept making weird noises. We took it out and drove it and it started to make scraping and knocking noises.
Help! Can anyone tell me what to do! My buddy only does Hondas so he doesn't know much about Audis."

Solo_D33A 11-26-07 01:37 AM

oh, this story, it must have been in every single club/forum! lol

GSteg 11-26-07 02:24 AM

OWNED........

carlos 11-26-07 06:01 AM

thats gotta be a joke.

Debonair 11-26-07 06:20 AM

I want to see this on video! :D

greyBLITZ 11-26-07 06:32 AM

Bad enough to get water into your engine...let alone sand lol. I sure hope it is just a joke, otherwise someone really got pwned!

LeXusFiTs 11-26-07 06:44 AM

Before he attempted that mod he must of been sucking on a bag of glue himself. LOL "HELP!"

kevs98GS4 11-26-07 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by jesod (Post 3079124)
I read this on another forum, I wonder if this would work on our Lexus?

Posted on an Audi forum:

"Hey guys, I've got a 98 1.8T. I've had a k04 and chip for a while and wanted to get more performance. I was recommended to port and polish the intake and exhaust. We found out they used abrasive material to do it like gritty sand. So I got with my friend that tunes Hondas and we decided to try it ourselves. We got a bag of sandblasting sand and hooked up into the intake and started the car. We had to hold the gas so it would run. He wanted to let the engine suck in the sand through the intake so it would port it out and then push it out the ehxaust so it would port the exhaust manifold.
I was worried that it might cause problems but he figured it'd be OK as long as we didn't make boost and it get sucked in the turbo. After running the car and letting it suck in sand we got about half way through a 25 lb bag. The check engine light was on and the engine was bucking and kicking and sounding really weird. We stopped and hooked the car back up normal and took off the sand supply. We tried to start it again and it was really hard. Once started it couldn't idle and kept making weird noises. We took it out and drove it and it started to make scraping and knocking noises.
Help! Can anyone tell me what to do! My buddy only does Hondas so he doesn't know much about Audis."

:agree: wow!!!!

hurricane 11-26-07 07:03 AM

lol gotta be a joke

Chenzo26 11-26-07 07:05 AM

I guess we really dont need fuel, oil, and air filters since random pieces of debris and sand are SO beneficial for an automobile's engine.

2JZ_SC 11-26-07 07:32 AM

I hope he up-graded to the “diesel sparkplugs” first and used synthetic lube in the “muffler bearings”……….

mkorsu 11-26-07 07:33 AM

Ban for posting a story that's already been posted 48 times this week.

tcheung87 11-26-07 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by mkorsu (Post 3079437)
Ban for posting a story that's already been posted 48 times this week.

Lol this story is even a repost on non-car related forums.