Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Spied: 2009 Honda Pilot (Early Reactions Sour on Design of New Honda Pilot - Page 4)

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-08, 11:43 PM
leedogg
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Don't worry, leedog will buy it, no matter what it looks like, lol...

Honda (and no offense to the Honda faithful), outside the TL and S2000, makes the ugliest and blandest cars on the market and I've said it for sometime and more and more, the point is shown. Their faithful following and image keeps things selling for the most part.

Most every concept they have debuted either got a big "your scaring the kids" or a nice lackluster response, from production vehicles like the RL/MDX/RDX to concepts like this Pilot, the NSX replacement and the giant robot *****.
No actually I wouldnt. Dont need or want an SUV. I simply think it doesnt look that bad compared to a lot of other suv's out there.
Old 01-29-08, 11:43 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ LOL

The rear is fine, the interior is quite nice actually but the front is awful.

I don't know if it's my screen or not but that textured material on the centre console and upper dashboard is nice.
Old 04-09-08, 04:12 PM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Lightbulb New Pics

2009 Honda Pilot Spotted
With the 2009 Honda Pilot receiving its official debut in just a week, these spy photos might seem a little late in the game. Luckily, they show the new crossover with no disguise, effectively giving us an early look at the redesigned model.

The new Pilot was previewed with a concept version at the Detroit auto show in January. Based on an entirely new platform, the eight-seater offers more legroom and overall occupant space for all passengers. It also has more cargo space and easier access to the third row.

The 60/40 split second row, now more spacious, slides further forward for increased ease of access to the third row. The 60/40 split third row, now supplies enough knee room for an above-average-sized adult male to fit comfortably. Each side of the second and third row independently folds down for cargo. A flat floor is created when the second and third rows are folded down.

The 2009 Pilot's new body features the most extensive use of high-strength steel in any Honda product to date. This provides enhanced collision safety and better off-road durability.

The Pilot originally debuted as a 2003 model in July of 2002. Design and development of the 2003 Pilot and the 2009 Pilot were carried out at Honda R&D Americas in Raymond, Ohio, and Torrance, California. The Pilot is assembled at Honda Manufacturing of Alabama in Lincoln.

A new V6 engine introduces the latest generation of Honda fuel-saving Variable Cylinder Management (VCM) technology that operates in 6-cylinder mode for power and 4- and 3-cylinder modes for efficiency, an improvement compared to the existing Pilot's available VCM system that works exclusively in 6- and 3-cylinder modes.

Old 04-09-08, 04:38 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thing excels at being a stylistic failure. An absolute, unmitigated failure.
Old 04-09-08, 04:51 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Sweet baby jesus!!!

A full lineup of ugly *** cars (outside of the S2000 and Civic Coupe which is okay).
Old 04-09-08, 06:12 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

The MOST interesting parts of this car, the headlamps and taillamps, are gone

There is not a single millimeter of interesting design on this car. Who got paid to design this because I could have done this in my sleep
Old 04-09-08, 06:44 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well they stuck to the original design - to be as boxy as possible.
Old 04-09-08, 06:50 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Ugly exterior aside, I don't understand why Honda is so fixated on tiny buttons with barely legible labels even in a center console this big. Makes absolutely no ergonomic sense to me.
Old 04-09-08, 09:05 PM
LexFather

Absolutely disgusting. Looks WORSE than what Jeep can come up with. Surely Honda sheep will somehow try to argue its fantastic, and no more oxygen for them, please.

The current Pilot is disgusting, but more bland than disgusting. Honda of course thinks adding Altezzas is the trick. This new thing should be sent to space, never to return.

Last edited by LexFather; 04-09-08 at 09:48 PM.

Old 04-09-08, 09:30 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Absolutely horrible . I don't mind the curent Pilot, and it the current Pilot looks great compared to this mess of a design. Consumer reaction to the Pilot Concept at autoshows has been pretty poor. Add the 2009 Pilot to the long list of dissapointments that Honda now given fans over the years. Hopefully sales for the new Pilot will flop as this redesign doesn't deserve to sell well.
Old 04-09-08, 09:38 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Absolutely horrible . I don't mind the curent Pilot, and it the current Pilot looks great compared to this mess of a design. Consumer reaction to the Pilot Concept at autoshows has been pretty poor. Add the 2009 Pilot to the long list of dissapointments that Honda now given fans over the years. Hopefully sales for the new Pilot will flop as this redesign doesn't deserve to sell well.
Sorry but Honda has sold ugly cars for sometime now and they are actually testing how ugly they can make cars to see how much their sheep will take it....

Sheep love ugly Hondas.

If this was a Gm or Ford, or Hyundai, etc, it would RUST. Honda faithful are blind and will buy whatever has a H badge, then justify it on the internet.

I pray for them.

Old 04-09-08, 09:43 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Ugly exterior aside, I don't understand why Honda is so fixated on tiny buttons with barely legible labels even in a center console this big. Makes absolutely no ergonomic sense to me.
They put the seat heating buttons and the temp buttons right next to each other, same size buttons too

*goes to cool the A/C temp,* ten minutes later, "WHY IS MY BUTT BURNING"
Old 04-09-08, 09:56 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Sorry but Honda has sold ugly cars for sometime now and they are actually testing how ugly they can make cars to see how much their sheep will take it....

Sheep love ugly Hondas.

If this was a Gm or Ford, or Hyundai, etc, it would RUST. Honda faithful are blind and will buy whatever has a H badge, then justify it on the internet.

I pray for them.
The problem is even to the Honda faithful the new Pilot is a dissapointment, and people at autoshows have been reacting poorly to the Pilot Concept. These are early signs that the market simply does not like this redesign, and chances are it could flop.
Old 04-09-08, 09:59 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
The problem is even to the Honda faithful the new Pilot is a dissapointment, and people at autoshows have been reacting poorly to the Pilot Concept. These are early signs that the market simply does not like this redesign, and chances are it could flop.
Not happening. As ugly as the CR-V looks, that thing is selling better than ever.

As long as its safe, reliable, has space and is good on gas (and has wears the Honda badge), its going to sell.
Old 04-09-08, 10:02 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by GFerg
Not happening. As ugly as the CR-V looks, that thing is selling better than ever.

As long as its safe, reliable, has space and is good on gas (and has wears the Honda badge), its going to sell.
Element, Civic, Accord, MDX, RDX, anything besides the TL or S2000........(those look great, just let those designers DESIGN EVERYTHING!!!)

Quick Reply: Spied: 2009 Honda Pilot (Early Reactions Sour on Design of New Honda Pilot - Page 4)