Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

So I drove a Lamborghini Gallardo this weekend... ::pics::

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-07, 09:24 PM
JJG2005
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MR_F1
Why should he? Cars arent investments. Houses are. Land. not cars. Maybe and Ultra rare exotic, like an Enzo... you know, not something they make 2000+ copies of each year.
I view all of my cars as investments, and while not purchased to make a fortune, I do drive each for as long as I'd like, then sell for hopefully at least $1000 profit. Not bad considering depreciation, etc... in the past few years I've owned 20 cars and only took a small loss on one. Then again, I view everything I buy as an investment... making $1000 each on cars under $5000 is much harder than making several thousand on buying and selling exotics.. .and getting to drive a new one every several months.

[quote=170 on public roads? Someone should have gone to jail. [/quote]

Yeah, my friend that was driving at the time. I drove it fast, but not quite as wreckless as that.

Not to condone anything illegal or stupid (170 on public roads is both), but... If you hadn't slowed down for that cop, just did 170 until the next exit, then got onto some side road, and drove until the next highway, do you think you might have gotten away from them? They can't have THAT many cops on the highway in Virginia at 2:30 in the morning.

Are you sure your friend's "businesses" are on the up and up? I can't think of many ways to make millions of dollars running small businesses by the time you are 21. Usually it takes time, patience, and hard work to build up a business like that.

Oh, and... I want a Gallardo SO bad!

It would definately be possible to get away from a cop at that hour when driving a Lambo, but it's hard when you don't know the roads too well. (although the GPS probalby would have helped, I'm not sure if it would have been able to keep up with as fast as I'd be going. haha

Friend's businesses are legit, although he's far from making millions. I mean... 99% of people, if they had just enough for a Lambo at 21, they'd buy it... even if it means living in it. lol

Car is now hail damaged pretty badly by a freak hail storm in Florida... guess there are a lot of golf-ball sized hail dents, and suposidly too bad for paintless dent repair. He left the car in Florida, and is now back here. My friend is trying to talk him in to flying us down and letting us bring it back up, haha.
Old 03-05-07, 01:13 AM
geoff2005
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice love the color