Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Brace yourselves! Infiniti releases a "brushstroke" of concept

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-07, 09:47 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Trexus
Infiniti should just bow out gracefully. With so many discontinued models such as the G20, I35, M30, J30 and QX4 why are they still in the luxury market? With the latest discontinued model the Q45 they have no chance at all. Lexus has released the LS 460 and soon to be LS 600h L. Infiniti is lefted far behind...
Sorry, but that's a retarded statement. I won't even say why becuase others have already pointed it out.
Old 01-11-07, 10:10 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

i made this "brushstroke" concept car in 5 mins

LMAO
i think infiniti should hire me for my creative talents
lol
Old 01-11-07, 10:21 PM
LexFather

I like yours better! lol

Old 01-11-07, 10:36 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Looks like a Jetson's capsule with wheels
Old 01-11-07, 11:26 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ramon
Looks like a Jetson's capsule with wheels
correction
wheels that have smilie faces on them
lol
Old 01-12-07, 12:29 AM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Do you get this excited watching paint dry?
What does that even mean?
Old 01-12-07, 02:55 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UDel
From that odd brushstroke it does not look like an SUV or suv type crossover. It looks more like a sports car or sports coupe but its hard to tell. It could be the rumored larger v-8 M coupe or some kind of coupelike 4 door sports sedan like the Merc CLS.
I was thinking the same thing. The brush stroke looks like a pretty nice looking coupe or sports car if you ask me. At first I was going to say G35 Coupe, but maybe it could be the M Coupe, or maybe a new sports car all together. I definitely don't see 4-doors or SUV from that brush stroke image. The B Pillar definitely looks like a coupe too me.
Old 01-12-07, 04:53 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by knihc2008
What does that even mean?
That means that you get easily excited.

UberNoob that brought a smile to my face at 7:45AM at work, hard to do when I can barely move.

I honestly can't see SUV from the brush stroke. I wonder if I can hire the Infiniti guy who came up with these brush stroke deals to mock up my next tattoo. I've been searching for someone who knows how to write in Chinese calligraphy very well. It'd probably be no bigger than 3in x 4in. But than again, I don't want them end up giving my design to some other guy.
Old 01-12-07, 07:11 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Koma
That means that you get easily excited.

UberNoob that brought a smile to my face at 7:45AM at work, hard to do when I can barely move.

I honestly can't see SUV from the brush stroke. I wonder if I can hire the Infiniti guy who came up with these brush stroke deals to mock up my next tattoo. I've been searching for someone who knows how to write in Chinese calligraphy very well. It'd probably be no bigger than 3in x 4in. But than again, I don't want them end up giving my design to some other guy.

Old 01-12-07, 07:40 AM
Tekknikal
Lead Lap

With Lexus coming with the LS 600h L, the LF-A actual concept, the IS-F is coming, etc etc, this is a laughable press release. Possibly one of the 10 worst I've seen. NAIAS, THE BIGGEST AUTO SHOW IN AMERICA is going on now, and they release, in their biggest market
1. A Sketch of a car
2. A brushstroke

Hell even Acura dropped the next NSX concept.
At this point, this brand will have 2 cars, the G35 and M35/45 and 3 SUVs, FX 35/45, QX56 and this thing. The GT-R will be a Nissan.

They said pretty much all top Infiniti mgt left the company instead of moving to Tennessee. I really believe that now.
fact is, infiniti doesnt need to release anything about the car in advance. they could have waited until the show. they chose to release a profile sketch. nothing wrong with that. at the actual show you will see the car. i dont see the big deal.

Originally Posted by Trexus
Infiniti should just bow out gracefully. With so many discontinued models such as the G20, I35, M30, J30 and QX4 why are they still in the luxury market? With the latest discontinued model the Q45 they have no chance at all. Lexus has released the LS 460 and soon to be LS 600h L. Infiniti is lefted far behind...
yeah because the g35 coupe was outselling the bmw 3 series coupe?
because the Gs combined tend to outsell the ISs combined? because if at first you dont succeed you should give up?

Originally Posted by rotaryrock
What's with Infiniti and their "brushstroke" ads.. they did that with the M car too I remember.
same thing that's with lexus and their "perfection" ads
their using their company philosophies in marketing...
Old 01-12-07, 07:41 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by UberNoob
i made this "brushstroke" concept car in 5 mins
LOL, it's The Homer!
Old 01-12-07, 07:43 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Tekknikal
yeah because the g35 coupe was outselling the bmw 3 series coupe?
because the Gs combined tend to outsell the ISs combined? because if at first you dont succeed you should give up?
IS sales expectations were for 44k a year. They did not try to BEAT the G35 in sales. They had 55k a year.
Overall sales are down 2 years in a row for the brand.

Old 01-12-07, 07:54 AM
Tekknikal
Lead Lap

IS sales expectations were for 44k a year. They did not try to BEAT the G35 in sales. They had 55k a year.
Overall sales are down 2 years in a row for the brand.
sales being down is a relative thing.

i did not comment on lexus/is sales expectations or what lexus tried to do. nor was i even implying that the is was a failure. i think the IS is a great car, as well as a success, which i assume most here would agree with me on.

what i did say was that the G35s outsold the ISs, even though the G was in its last year and the IS was in its first. that happened to the tune of 61k vs 55k cars sold.

the fact is, infiniti is on to something. thats all im saying. lexus is great, so is infiniti. i think the comments that Trexus made, on that basis, are ignorant.
Old 01-12-07, 07:56 AM
Tekknikal
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by UDel
From that odd brushstroke it does not look like an SUV or suv type crossover. It looks more like a sports car or sports coupe but its hard to tell. It could be the rumored larger v-8 M coupe or some kind of coupelike 4 door sports sedan like the Merc CLS.
agreed.... it looks like a sporty hard top convert coupe to me.
Old 01-12-07, 08:22 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

It's a duck.
Attached Thumbnails Brace yourselves! Infiniti releases a "brushstroke" of concept-duck3.jpg  

Quick Reply: Brace yourselves! Infiniti releases a "brushstroke" of concept