Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

dealers who stick their names on the car

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-07, 09:30 AM
go blue 99
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dealers who stick their names on the car

I've noticed lately a lot of car dealerships stick their names somewhere on the back of every car they sell. For example, Nalley Lexus in Atlanta puts "Nalley" right above the "Lexus" sign (in the same size font).

Anyone else find this really annoying? It's cool when they just put a license plate frame, because that is easily removed. But I'm not sure those dealer signs can be easily taken off.
Anyone here ever told a dealer not to put their name on the car? Do they listen?
Old 01-07-07, 09:32 AM
sk72
Pole Position

I had one of this on my previous lexus.. After a couple of car washes it fell off but itself haha must be some cheap two way glue they are using. I am sure it must be hard to removed it.

It is very annoying..
Old 01-07-07, 09:34 AM
tazdevl
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dealers that do that should be shot. Especially when it comes to luxury cars.

Hair dryer and some goo remover works fine when it does happen.

Make it part of the deal, if they don't do it, walk out. It's your car and you have every right to have what you want on it.
Old 01-07-07, 09:35 AM
LexFather

Exclamation

Originally Posted by go blue 99
I've noticed lately a lot of car dealerships stick their names somewhere on the back of every car they sell. For example, Nalley Lexus in Atlanta puts "Nalley" right above the "Lexus" sign (in the same size font).

Anyone else find this really annoying? It's cool when they just put a license plate frame, because that is easily removed. But I'm not sure those dealer signs can be easily taken off.
Anyone here ever told a dealer not to put their name on the car? Do they listen?
Hey your in GA! Check out www.seloc.net for your local Lexus meet.

I notice Hennessy gives people the license plate advertising their name. Nalley, I also have not seen the sticker, but the license plate.

Ghetto Lexus of South Atlanta, THE WORST Lexus dealer in ALL of GA puts on cheap/tacky gold stickers on their cars.

Even their loaners have cheap LOANER OF SOUTH ATLANTA stickers all over. Avoid them like the plauge.

I rock my Hennessy License plate on the GS (of Gwinnett) the BEST dealer in all of GA!

And YES, it is irritating seeing that cheap sticker crap on a Lexus.

Old 01-07-07, 09:36 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah it sucks, but thank god we don't have these names on Toyota/Lexus here
Old 01-07-07, 09:37 AM
totalstu
Pole Position

I find that practice extremely annoying. As you've stated, the license plate holder is ok as it can be easily removed.

I've purchased cars and on the agreement to purchase I made them mark down that if that thing is on my car when I come to pay and pickup the deal is null and void. I've yet to have an issue come delivery.
Old 01-07-07, 09:42 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I hate that crap too. I'm pleased that JMLexus only does the license frame thing. My G35 had the name of the dealer on the car until I took it off. I won't even say their name because they're already doing enough advertizing on their own.
Old 01-07-07, 09:56 AM
Cornellian
Lead Lap

I told my dealer couple of days ago not to put the front license plate or any of the dealer advertising crap on my car. And he said, fine. They normally don't put front license for KY people anyway. Hope that when I go pick up my car in few weeks that everything is the way I want it. Otherwise.....
Old 01-07-07, 10:07 AM
Style2k6
Pole Position

I have a buddy that use this to try and get a little more off the price. not sure how how words it but he tells them to either remove it from the car or pay him for advertising. He says the car is his property and they are using it to advertise their business for free. He will also say "ok how about I come to your house and put a sticker on the side of your home to advertise my business" of course they say you can't do that because it's my home wich comes back to the statement that it's his car needless to say they remove the sticker usually, because the guy will walk if it does not get removed believe it of not.
Old 01-07-07, 10:16 AM
PIMPALA-SS
Driver

LOL.

get over yourselves. The car belongs to the dealer until you buy it. they can do whatever they want with it, and you can either request they remove it, or take it off yourself if you dont like it. and i like how you guys are such e-thugs with the "i tell them to remove it, or i will kick their asses" and all the little stories that you guys talk up, but never do in person.

and if you think this is something new, you are losing your mind.

back in the day (40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, and even sometimes in the 80s) Dealers would either drill holes and rivit, or drive screws right into the trunk of the car to affix their dealer plates. you should feel lucky its just a sticker!
Old 01-07-07, 10:16 AM
Skulinex
Lexus Test Driver

They are actually easier to remove than they seem, just use <the force> patience and do it slowly
Old 01-07-07, 10:40 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Think this is more of a East Coast thing. Here in California dealers wouldnt even think of doing that!

All they do is just put a lisence plate frame with the dealers name.
Old 01-07-07, 10:50 AM
CeoStatus0
Pole Position

I don't see what the big deal is if they did put the sticker on... I personally don't like the dealer stickers. My ride didn't have them, but I would have made sure they took them off before I took the car off the lot.

If a dealer told you "No" to that, then its probably a good sign not stay there any longer
Old 01-07-07, 10:53 AM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its corny either way, the paper plates is one thing but molesting a car for free advertising is another. Shows lack of respect for the buyer and makes them look desperate and cheap for attempt of getting there name out there
Old 01-07-07, 11:17 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

I remember when I first moved down here and ask a local Toyota dealer here to do an alignment and they tried really hard to put their license plate frame on the back of my RX300 (which has U.S. plates). Turns out Mexican and U.S. plates are different sizes and the frame ended up not working out. I have seen very few dealers down here who do anything other than license plate frames.

Quick Reply: dealers who stick their names on the car