Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Redline the movie ( like Fast & Furious but w/ exotics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-07, 12:24 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Redline the movie ( like Fast & Furious but w/ exotics)

Fear Nothing. Risk Everything. So goes the tagline for Redline, the movie that has been described as The Fast and The Furious for adults exotics. Producer Daniel Sadek is a former real estate investor with a pretty nice personal collection of supercars and exotics. We saw some of them on display at the recent L.A. Auto Show.

Sadek not only put up $26 million of his own money to finance the film, but also used his personal car collection in action sequences, including a crash sequence that claimed the life of one of his very nice Porsche Carrera GTs. While this type of senseless destruction makes us want to take all of his keys away, we understand Mr. Sadek will probably explain it was necessary for the film's authenticity.

Shot in Las Vegas and L.A., the movie revolves around high-stakes underground street racing. We recognized the Ferrari dealership at The Wynn and the old El Toro airbase from the video. Although the acting looks typically passable, the cars alone make this a must see. We've spotted a Ferrari Enzo, Saleen S7 Twin Turbo, Koenigsegg CCR, Ford GT, Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster and Mercedes SLR McLaren, among others.

Redline is set for a February 23rd release and stars Eddie Griffin, Nathan Phillips, and the oh-so-hot Nadia Bjorlin. As is the norm nowadays, the movie has its own MySpace page where you can find out its likes and dislikes as well as seeing a few additional images and clips.

Old 01-07-07, 12:27 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Official Movie Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaSUZP0Yink

IMO, nice cars, but I seriously laughed at everything else.

Last edited by GFerg; 01-07-07 at 12:30 AM.
Old 01-07-07, 03:51 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to watch it for the women and cars!!!
Old 01-07-07, 04:32 AM
Stormwind
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the story is as good as the first Fast and Furious I would say this is a must see.
Old 01-07-07, 06:42 AM
Koma

Originally Posted by Stormwind
If the story is as good as the first Fast and Furious I would say this is a must see.
You're kidding right? The Fast and the Furious movies almost had no plot to them.
Old 01-07-07, 08:14 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

What they should do when they make these kinds of movies is take reality and stretch it. Not take fantasy and then stretch it.

I like the Fast and the Furious because they took real world concepts and then stretched them a little. Remember the race at the beginning and then when the nitrous hits Brian goes into hyperspace. I remember the director's comment...they aren't cars...they're spaceships.
Old 01-07-07, 04:43 PM
murph550
Driver

Originally Posted by Koma
You're kidding right? The Fast and the Furious movies almost had no plot to them.
The 2nd and 3rd didn't, and were plain stupid... but the first one is one of my favorite movies; and if i recall correctly, it did have a pretty evident plot.
Old 01-07-07, 05:28 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

every guy with an exotic car on this forum should put it on sale after this movie comes out and make a killing selling it to kids with rich parents
Old 01-07-07, 08:02 PM
DriftNsc3
Lexus Champion

I've seen the trailer for this movie at a theater about 2 months ago. I will defenitly go and see this movie when it comes out. I like the F&F movies for the simple reason they were the only movies of my time(i'm 19) that involved what I liked. Sure Gone in 60 Seconds was a great movie but it wasen't racing and stuff like that.

EDIT- I just watched the trailer and it looks like the green screen scenes are going to suck and look more fake then the F&F did.

Last edited by DriftNsc3; 01-07-07 at 08:07 PM.
Old 01-07-07, 09:48 PM
NYlexus
Lead Lap

Being a fan of exotics, i would for sure watch this movie...probably not in theatres...but it looks cool...
Old 01-07-07, 09:56 PM
tzu911
Lexus Champion

The asian racing queen in the back's hot. "I was made for this ****."
Old 01-07-07, 10:27 PM
Lubs
Pole Position

That Eddie Griffin is cwazy. This will definitely be one of the worser movies I've seen in my lifetime.
Old 01-07-07, 10:40 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Fast and Furious were some of the worst movies ever. While I did enjoy the 1st one beucase of the cars and because I was into the street racing scene at the time, I still recognized that it had horrible acting, bad dialog, the story line was ok at best. I still haven't figured out how those cars managed to not only keep going, but go faster after they blew the engine, and I have yet to figure out wtf that plate was that came loose from the eclipse during the first race. It only got worse with the 2nd one and down right laughable with Tokyo Drift.

This movie doesn't seem any better, except for the exotics of course. There is only so much you can tell from a trailer, but my first impression is that Eddie Griffin sticks out like a sore thumb and simply does not fit in with the whole theme.
Old 01-08-07, 12:14 AM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Might watch it.
Old 01-08-07, 02:13 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

umm very interesting. not sure if i would watch it in theater though, might be dvd time

Quick Reply: Redline the movie ( like Fast & Furious but w/ exotics)