Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Story of Dealer wrecking customers Corvette is taking over the net!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-06, 09:18 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Story of Dealer wrecking customers Corvette is taking over the net!

I stumbled across this on digg.com and found it rather fascinating. I know if I was this guy I'd be suing this dealer with everything I've got. It's been getting a lot of publicity, those Vette folk band together and are a force (I would know, my brother is one of them, lol)

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1581344

Kind of makes you appreciate the lengths Lexus goes to in order to satisfy it's cutomer's (in most cases )

Last edited by Buds; 12-28-06 at 09:22 AM.
Old 12-28-06, 10:03 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Yea I saw this over on supraforums. Interesting to see what will happen.
Old 12-28-06, 10:09 AM
DriftNsc3
Lexus Champion

Wow, that sucks! He should just get a lawyer, I mean it a open and shut case or from the info he privided it appers that way. No would the dealership let it go to jury. I mean thats instant death if they do.
Old 12-28-06, 10:14 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

yeah it's kinda stupid that he doesn't want a lawyer.

I've been starting to see some rumblings that maybe he's faking it.
Old 12-28-06, 10:21 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

man really sux.... i would get a lawyer and sue every single **** too. this is just ridiculous, and more ridiculous on the fact that the dealership is not doing anything about it.

would be interesting to see how it goes. first the bmw m3 a while back, now this
Old 12-28-06, 10:24 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

This happened with a person who had a VW and the dealer broke it. Don't remember the details. Initially the dealer said they wouldn't do anything.... the story circulated the web, and all car enthusiasts went nuts.

Needless to say VW changed their tune much like Chevy will (dealer). That guy is getting a new C6.... I bet!
Old 12-28-06, 10:34 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by genearch
I'm inclined to think fake, but then again early on in the thread he did post some *apparently* valid info. Who knows...

(rant on)

You drive a $50K Corvette and cannot manage to raise $5K for an Attorney?
kind of like what i think too, pay the 5k for attorney and get things done right
Old 12-28-06, 10:50 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

I'm inclined to think fake, but then again early on in the thread he did post some *apparently* valid info. Who knows, who cares. He's a fool for not simply hiring an attorney

(rant on)

You drive a $50K Corvette and cannot manage to raise $5K for an Attorney?
How do you know what his thinking is?

If the dealer had wrecked my car and did not own up to the damages or replace my brand new car I'd be pretty annoyed by the whole thing.

He probably feels as if he shouldn't have to pay for the attorney as clearly the dealer should have taken care of the situation. Seriously, insurance would take care of it and go after the dealer for the person but then thats a mark on your insurance and could cause your premium to go up (even though they it won't!).

I am sure he will get an attorney or at least some legal guidance on what he should do. Obviously he knows what he's doing. You shouldn't make blanket statements like that.
Old 12-28-06, 11:57 AM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

If it's real, then that situation REALLY sucks.

Now, something that doesn't make sense to me is the whole deal with paying $5k for a lawyer. Don't the majority of lawyers work on the system of "pay after services are rendered?" I'm not too bright on how the attorney thing works, as the only contact I've ever had with one (besides my uncle who is a DA in PR) is the commercials that I see on TV. Usually those all say that you pay for services if they win your case. I know those probably aren't the best attorneys out there... but if he is strapped for cash, they probably would do just fine. All the lawyer would have to do is talk a mean game... and most lawyers can.
Old 12-28-06, 12:18 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Perhaps the issue for him not hiring an Atty, is that for an Atty to take it on contingency,there would have to be at least a smallpot of gold there. There are no damages other then the physical damage to the car and the "diminished value". Regardless of what the owner says about his "Christmas being ruined", there are no damages there.

Basically an Atty would be working for his fees. To recover costs, the Atty would have to be realistic and have documentation on time spent, which is not too difficult, but there is minimal room for "padding" there.

I think he would have to simply hire an Atty, have him fire off a demand letter and most likely the dealership would fold. If not, then head off to court, the case is pretty cut and dried in my eyes.
Thanks for clearing that up!
Old 12-28-06, 12:38 PM
DonJuan45i
Lead Lap

i read the first couple of pages, then skipped to the end. I wanna see how this gets resolved. Feel bad for the guy none the less, but if that happend to me I wouldnt stress too much about it, I know the dealer is at fault and will come out forking over, espeicially with drugs and ish involved.

He could probably also give a call to his local news station, I am sure they would do a story on it.

is it possible that the dealer could counter sue for damages, due to the fact that this has gotten so public? And say he gets a story on the news, could they sue for possibly hurt sales.
Old 12-29-06, 09:08 AM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DonJuan45i
is it possible that the dealer could counter sue for damages, due to the fact that this has gotten so public? And say he gets a story on the news, could they sue for possibly hurt sales.
Unless the vette owner has made or makes some false statements, no. Truth is an absolute defense against defamation.
Old 12-29-06, 11:12 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Not only do the american cars suck, the dealers suck too. It's a match made in heaven.

These guy's are nickel and diming the bottom line because it is an expensive car, whereas ALL the Lexus are pricey.......... this is their one "pricey" car.

If the dealer wants to screw around over one car, they can lose sales on the next 200 after this guy is done.

What REALLY get's me is where he was taunting the wife in the office and trying to make the guy look bad. I'd have knocked him out cold and gladly said I did.
Old 12-29-06, 01:37 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Realistically, at the end of the day will this dealership even experience the smallest blip on their sales radar? Likely not..

It's all well and fine for the Corvette owners to call the dealership and tell them they will not be buying from them, like it matters coming from a person in Denver or Connecticut?
usually i would say that one should never underestimate the power of internet and tribal marketing
if this spreads through out the corvette community, that dealership would be screwed on the corvette sales

but they have plenty of other cars that doesnt have much of a sense of community even though the forum is for Chevrolet
and the majority of ppl that buy cars dont look into specific dealership services, only into comparing prices offered by diff dealerships

so in this case, the effect might not be too big
but it will still dent the sales a little
if it makes it to the local newspaper or something then its another story...

good to see the issue resolved though
the dealership said they will give him a new corvette with same colour and options
sometimes u just have to throw the hammer down and grind them until they give up
good to see the good guys prevail in the end

Last edited by UberNoob; 12-29-06 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-29-06, 04:29 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

If anyone risks their car getting joyrided and wrecked then being screwed by a dealer and STILL goes there knowing it happens.......... then they deserve it. So if people still go there and buy knowing the story, then that's on them, but there are smarter people that WILL avoid the place from the bad press.

......................just like Jeep places all over the south are looked over from the **** poor service.