Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

And we have a new NSX

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-06, 10:40 PM
nas00
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default And we have a new NSX

ladies and gentlemen...

http://world.honda.com/news/2006/406.../pages/01.html

news story

http://world.honda.com/news/2006/4061219NAIAS2007/
Old 12-18-06, 11:14 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hmmm, I have a lot of mixed feelings about this design. The back is ugly for one. It looks like a front engine as well. I'm glad something is coming out, but this concept IMHO is not worthy of the NSX name. I hope they give it another name. Save the NSX name for something special, or retire the name all together.
Old 12-18-06, 11:20 PM
daelo74
Driver

looks like it will be a nice coupe to go against the GTR but not a NSX replacement. Side profile should look cool, but it seems there are two front ends to that concept.
Old 12-19-06, 12:25 AM
DrUnBiased
Pole Position

This is probably the rumored sports car that is supposed to slot below the next generation NSX. It has the look of that type of car as well. It doesn't look suitable to carry the NSX name.

I can see Acura debuting their new V8 in this car and then the new V10 in the NSX. Then it can pass the engines down on to the more pedestrian cars. IMO it would be a good marketing move which is needed by Acura to promote their next generation of cars more upscale.
Old 12-19-06, 12:29 AM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice chrome detailing around the windows and overall a pretty sporty and radical design, as usual, from Acura. I can't imagine why any car would need a grille in the back though.
Old 12-19-06, 12:48 AM
ninous26
Driver

this is our 60th "new" NSX...
Old 12-19-06, 01:22 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if this ugly excuse for a car gets released - the value of older models is going to skyrocket.
Old 12-19-06, 02:03 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well it's just a sketch, not the real thing....the back looks strangely like a front end, yet facing the wrong direction in either.
Old 12-19-06, 05:12 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by enigma888
Well it's just a sketch, not the real thing....the back looks strangely like a front end, yet facing the wrong direction in either.
I agree, it's just a sketch. I'm sure it'll look slightly similar but much better in person. I'm hoping to be delightfully surprised when they actually show the car.
Old 12-19-06, 05:23 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

We'll have the new NSX when they produce something "in the flesh". That's just an artist's sketch, and is pretty much meaningless at this point in time.
Old 12-19-06, 06:40 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts
Default Acura Advanced Sports Car concept to bow in Detroit

When we were on hand for the unveiling of Acura's Advanced Sedan Concept in LA, it wasn't met with the warm reception that the So Cal design team would've liked. The styling elements employed on the four-door of the future were, ahem, striking and very unorthodox by Acura's staid standards.

Thankfully, the team gets another chance at justifying such a radical styling departure when it unveils the Advanced Sports Car Concept next month in Detroit. Since the hood of the sedan concept could have easily accommodated a massive mill, we'd expect more of the same cues from the coupe. The sketch above confirms that the overly creased theme is carried forward, with the conspicuous boat tail tip protruding from the rear.

We're hoping that this kind of styling exercise isn't just to show off what the LA-based design team can dream up, instead giving us some indication about the future of the NSX. Considering that the President and CEO of Honda, Takeo Fukui, will be on hand to unveil the concept, we'd half expect some mention of the iconic, mid-engine, attainable exotic.

[Source: Honda/Acura]

PRESS RELEASE

Dec 18, 2006 20:30 America/Los_Angeles

Acura 'Advanced Sports Car Concept' to Debut at North American International Auto Show

TORRANCE, Calif., Dec. 18 /PRNewswire/ -- The Acura 'Advanced Sports Car Concept' will make its debut at the 2007 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, the division announced today. The concept provides a glimpse at the next generation Acura exotic sports car.

As a part of the global commitment to the Acura brand, Honda Motor Co. Ltd.'s President and CEO Takeo Fukui will be delivering the keynote remarks at the Acura press conference.

Additional details on the Advanced Sports Car Concept will be announced on Sunday, Jan. 7th at 1:20 pm the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
source : autoblog
Old 12-19-06, 08:03 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ninous26
this is our 60th "new" NSX...
Nice.

I highly doubt that Acura will make it too futuristic. It will perform like a great sports car, but it will most likely look like a low and stretched Accord coupe with a pedestal spoiler. Sorry, but I know that they still design pretty conservative cars...
Old 12-19-06, 08:34 AM
no2faber
Lead Lap

Man. it looks like they're pretty far from production. And, yes, I think i agree that the "new NSX" thread has been beat to death.
Old 12-19-06, 09:54 AM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by enigma888
Just like the lexus supercar in vanilla sky...can't tell which is front or rear, except for those exhausts.
Hey, you won't need a reverse gear-saves weight
Old 12-19-06, 10:00 AM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the back looks like the front of an EL lol.

not bad but not striking either.

Quick Reply: And we have a new NSX