Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

BMW driver that parked next to me: "unintelligent"

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-06, 04:04 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts
Default BMW driver that parked next to me: "unintelligent"

Last week I went shopping at Trader Joe's here in L.A. When I went in the store, there was plenty of parking, so I parked at the end spot (as I always do) and there was one spot between my car and a Nissan Maxima. When I finished, there was still plenty of parking, but this is what I came back to...

You gotta be kiddin' me, right??? Notice the AMPLE parking available EVERYWHERE ELSE... They parked so close to me I had to climb into my car THROUGH THE PASSENGER SIDE to get in. At least they didn't hit my car - I'd like to meet the moron who decided that the five feet between my car and the Maxima was the best place to park...

Javier
Old 08-02-06, 04:06 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

It's any car. The law of the stoopid...the more space you give them, the higher the possibility they will be even closer. On end caps, I'll park on or over the line and invariably, they will cross over into my lined parking spot and be very close to my car.

Last edited by RA40; 08-02-06 at 07:12 PM.
Old 08-02-06, 04:29 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not all BMW owners are stoopid... I just think it just so happens that the majority of the stoops that own BMW's happen to live in California. Too much sun, i guess...
Old 08-02-06, 04:34 PM
jracerlmn
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's not just BMW owners...i've seen plenty of MB, Lexus, and (gawd) cadillac SUVs parked the same way
Old 08-02-06, 04:36 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

their parking job is nothing to brag about, but you are not centered either..... you're closer to the line on the left than the curb. i'd call it even between you two. had you been centered, there would have been more room.

i park within an inch of the curb when i park to give plenty of door space to avoid dings.
Old 08-02-06, 04:36 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah, I know... I just felt like picking on BMW today... Oh, and O.L.T. - I parked like that on purpose to discourage parking next me, since there was SOOO much parking elsewhere

Javier
Old 08-02-06, 04:41 PM
Leets
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I WISH it were only BMW drivers who lacked common sense and common courtesy. Sadly, an overwhelming majority of people these days just don't care about anyone else. It could be worse.

A couple weeks ago I was crossing the street in a cross walk when some inconsiderate driver decided it would be ok to drive through me with his Dodge Ram 1500. Witnessing the whole incident was a minivan filled with a Vietnamese family. As I lay on the ground after losing my battle with a full size American truck I looked over at them, expecting as any considerate human being would, for them to come help me or at least walk ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE STREET to go into the police station and summon help. After witnessing another human being get hit by a truck you know what they did? They rubbernecked for about a minute and then just drove away, leaving me there on the street. They didn't ask if I was okay, they didn't call 911, they didn't even travel the 10 feet over to the Police Station to ask for help.

After having an entire family of people choose to leave you for dead on the street, you really do lose a little faith in mankind in general.... so seeing pictures like this doesn't surprise me one bit.
Old 08-02-06, 05:18 PM
BlkGS3
Lexus Champion

I park on 2 spots because I hate dings and Im an @sshole.
Old 08-02-06, 05:30 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

That rudeness drives me nuts. At my local grocery store there's a few spots on street level with a huge underground lot as well. The few spots are on top and they are all marked "compact only". Guess what? There's suv's in most of them and they go well over the lines so the other space is wasted cos it's too small.
I leave a little xerox copy that has a picture of Mickey Mouse giving the finger which reads "Thanks a-hole for parking so close. Next time I'll bring a can opener so I can get my car out."

People are so shelfish.
Old 08-02-06, 05:30 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

More than a BMW thing, it's an SUV thing.

All SUV owners apparently think their tubs are "Compacts," and they can just park them anywhere. I don't even know why they come with mirrors or turn signals - I never see either being used. There's nothing more terrifying to me than an SUV with its' reverse lights on.

Probably some ditzy soccer mom on her cell phone... not a care in the world.

Besides, her car is on a 36 month lease, why would she care it it gets messed up?

Whenever sombody parks that close to me, I give them a free mirror adjustment.
Folding mirrors are great... especially when they're folded over forward.
Old 08-02-06, 05:51 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
their parking job is nothing to brag about, but you are not centered either..... you're closer to the line on the left than the curb. i'd call it even between you two. had you been centered, there would have been more room.

i park within an inch of the curb when i park to give plenty of door space to avoid dings.
Same here. That's a trick I learned years ago. Just be careful not to scrub the wheels...particularly with alloys.
Old 08-02-06, 05:52 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
That rudeness drives me nuts. At my local grocery store there's a few spots on street level with a huge underground lot as well. The few spots are on top and they are all marked "compact only". Guess what? There's suv's in most of them and they go well over the lines so the other space is wasted cos it's too small.
I leave a little xerox copy that has a picture of Mickey Mouse giving the finger which reads "Thanks a-hole for parking so close. Next time I'll bring a can opener so I can get my car out."

People are so shelfish.
i want to see this pic fo i can use it too
Old 08-02-06, 05:57 PM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Happens to me on college parking all the time , i park with 3 empty spaces next to me and get out to see some old truck is RIGHT next to me with 2 empty spaces and 5 other ones on the other side
Old 08-02-06, 06:02 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkGS3
I park on 2 spots because I hate dings and Im an @sshole.
you are 9 times more likely to get keyed than door'd.
Old 08-02-06, 06:04 PM
Lex3soul
Driver School Candidate

lol that bmw suv is not even a compact vehicle, what is that person thinking!? I think what that person is trying to show you is whose boss. and could we calm down on the stereotypes its not right to say these sort of things. I don't think bmw owners are unintelligent, it's just the people themselves.

Quick Reply: BMW driver that parked next to me: "unintelligent"