Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

BMW driver that parked next to me: "unintelligent"

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-06, 06:30 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 229 Likes on 173 Posts

Yeah I agree that owner should have parked elsewhere, but YOU should make it a point when at an endcap with a curb like that to always get AS CLOSE to that curb as you can without curbing the rims. If you had done that, you would have had tons of room to get in even with the way he parked. I always park as close to that curb as possible, and it annoys me when people pick the end spot and then park miles away from the curb.
Old 08-02-06, 07:19 PM
mink92890
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah... you cant even say he wanted to protect his car... I have no idea WHAT he was thinking.

Mink92890
Old 08-02-06, 07:23 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Odds are that most are single driver's...I pick spots where the passenger door is on my driver door side. I don't mind the walk so I park far away anyhow.

As for taking up multiple spaces, I recall a story my then GF relayed to me at a CSUF lot. A 280Z with newish paint took two spots in the student lot. When she came back from class, the car had been keyed in multiples, body panels kicked in, antenna pulled out/broken, food thrown on the car and one tire deflated.
Old 08-02-06, 09:12 PM
LexFather

I don't have problems with BMWs parking next to me. I LIKE when they do, b/c I know they probably give a crap about their car like I do and won't ding me.

Its those Nissan Altimas that are everywhere they drive and park like they own Bentleys that drives me crazy.

I

Old 08-02-06, 11:16 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Haha, I had no idea this would turn into such a flame fest... take it easy, folks I meant this as a light-hearted, "go figure" thread... I should have taken more pictures, though, so you guys could see that there was NO ONE ELSE in the parking lot. The spot where I parked was the furthest away from the store, which is something I should have pointed out earlier... I never take up two spots, because I too have had many friends get cars keyed and such, and I'm definitely NOT going that route. As for my parking job being "as bad" as the Bimmer, take a look again, folks - I may be close to the line, but the X5 is ON THE LINE... and not just on the line, either - DIAGONALLY on the line. It took some skill to get that car in there, I have to admit...

Javier
Old 08-03-06, 12:06 AM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Is that the Trader Joe's on 3rd and La Brea? I'm always hesitant to go there because the parking spaces are so small and the front lot is usually packed with cars goin' in and out. I almost always try to find parking on the street, and if there isn't any, I come back another day.
Old 08-03-06, 12:27 AM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Funny, I always see SUVs in COMPACT spots, usually full size trucks like Hummers, Suburbans and Sequoias.

One time, someone parked illegally at my dad's office. There was one spot left and it was really tight. My dad got annoyed got the guy was parking in his spot so he squeezed his car in that last spot, then keyed the offending car when he (eventually) got out. Not just one line... a couple. I added a few squiggly lines as well. It was a silver car so he won't noticed haha.
Old 08-03-06, 06:53 AM
IS0LD0UT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
i want to see this pic fo i can use it too
I need a copy too. Ill keep a stack in the car.
Old 08-03-06, 06:55 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

I D I OT S...

The world is chock full of em.
Old 08-03-06, 08:07 AM
Nas
Driver

I once had some guy park his car about an inch away from my drivers door. I'm not even exaggerating. He/She had about 2 feet from their drivers door till the car next to them. I had to end up going into my car through the passenger street. The person drove an ES300. I don't think its relates to the car brand in anyway, but I think some people are just idiots when it comes to driving/parking.
Old 08-03-06, 08:35 AM
NYlexus
Lead Lap

Obviously we all agree that its not a BMW thing but a dumba$$ thing. I agree with the comment about SUV's though...i dont know why they try to park in the COMPACT spot.

About few months back we were sitting at Carl's Jr. by the window where i could see my car(2GS). I see a lady with toddler get into her CL55 right next to my car. Well that @%$* opens her driver door blindly and WHAM hits my car . She was parked too close to me. By the time i got outside she was already leaving the parking lot. And yes there was a very deep scratch left. Both on the car and myself

Dumba$$es.
Old 08-03-06, 08:43 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by EXE.UCF10
Is that the Trader Joe's on 3rd and La Brea? I'm always hesitant to go there because the parking spaces are so small and the front lot is usually packed with cars goin' in and out. I almost always try to find parking on the street, and if there isn't any, I come back another day.
No, I would NEVER go to that one... I tried to go there once and getting a parking spot there is like winning the lottery! I thought, I don't need food THAT bad... The one I took these pictures at was National & Westwood.

Javier
Old 08-03-06, 08:51 AM
Gotham
Rookie

I always try to park farther away from the stores at shopping centers. Even still, people will occasionally park right next to me in the sea of open spots.

It's not just a parking thing. These are the same people that will sit right by you in an empty movie theater or restaurant. They are the "personal space invaders."

I'll never understand why people with the biggest SUVs feel a need to park as close as possible to stores either.
Old 08-03-06, 09:11 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

some people they really have no courtesy when they park i am telling ya..... and to be frank it's not just bmw drivers, it's everywhere.... including lexus i have seen too.

that's why usually i try to find the "edge" spot as well where it's a wall or curb beside me... at least that reduces the risk by 50%.....

btw i know where that is. that's on national, one block away from westwood and national right?
Old 08-03-06, 09:24 AM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

This could be a parking annoyance as we already have a thread discussing driving annoyances. Some people wonder why they get dings on the sides of their doors? The person who's driving the BMW X5 is a jerk...

Quick Reply: BMW driver that parked next to me: "unintelligent"