Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Chrysler Imperial On Track for 2010 Intro

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-07, 10:28 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Default Chrysler to launch the Imperial in 2010, unless CAW refuses to build it

Posted Mar 6th 2007 1:01PM
Evidently, Chrysler has decided to move ahead with production of the Rolls-Royce Phantom wannabe, the Imperial. Chrysler had been planning to add the luxury sedan to the lineup at the Brampton Assembly plant along with all of its LX platform mates, the 300, Magnum, Charger and Challenger. However, the local union at the plant rejected a wage concession plan that would have kept the plant on a three-shift schedule, despite that it was endorsed by union leaders.

What, if any effect this will have on the plans to build the Imperial is unclear at this point. Since the Imperial is likely to be relatively low volume and Brampton is the sole source of the LX (and next generation LY) rear-wheel drive platform, it certainly wouldn't make sense to build it anywhere else. A Chrysler spokesman said the union vote would have no effect on product plans through 2009, so the company will likely continue talking with the local CAW to hash out a compromise.

[Source: Ward's Auto World : CLICK HERE]
Old 03-06-07, 11:40 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is it with the retro styling?

Do us all a favor domestic auto companies.. and come out with something fresh! It looks like someone took a 300 and pulled it up like you would a gummy bear before you eat it!
Old 03-06-07, 12:26 PM
calichris
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much you guys this its gonna be selling for, im thinkin 50 range?
Old 03-06-07, 12:45 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

I agree that the Rolls-Royce styling is out of place. What they really should have done instead, (and I suggested this to the Chrysler people myself when the 300C first came out) was that, in addition to the high-performance Hemi and STR-8 models, they do an ultra-luxurious version of the 300 like the New Yorker and Imperial were back in the 50's, 60's, and early 70's when the Imperial name was at its zenith. They said they would consider it. Well, they DID end up doing an Imperial ( as you can see ), and they DID use the 300C's platform, but a totally different body...one that IMO is out of place.