Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Honda Civic Type R ( New Spy Photo's Added )

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-07, 09:47 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want one. Cool Car.
Old 03-01-07, 09:59 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ff_
If this was a Lexus, you guys would be drooling all over it.

(you know I'm right...)
If it had a I4 FWD, I would not be drooling over it. It looks too bubbly regardless of marque.
Old 03-01-07, 10:26 AM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

I think this design actually looks really good... Daring, risky, fast and futuristic. And that's just the exterior. The interior of this car looks bloody good.

Old 03-01-07, 10:58 AM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
While it does look futuristic, it looks like a future robot turd from the year 2079. That is one ugly and ungainly car, but outside the TL and S2000, all their cars are either bland or hella ugly. To me.
I'm going to have to agree to disagree, 1SICK. This car looks about 2 to 6 million times better than the US, bland, disproportionate Civic. This Euro Civic has character and passion. It looks fast, has a wedge shape, and cues from CRX with that rear hatch. I really don't find anything particularly straight up ugly about it. But each to his own
Old 03-01-07, 02:15 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Although the car may be a little too futuristic and out there for people in their late 20's early 30's and up I think this car would be a really big hit for younger people like 25 and under if the pricing is fairly affordable. There is really nothing like it on the road in America and if I was younger I would love that interior and really like the car. It would be another intresting sporty car in Hondas lineup which is currently lacking today. I would rather see Honda bring this over then another crossover, mini sport ute,tiny mini van, truck, or some other goofy thing that is popular in Europe and Japan. The Evos and WRX STI are a bit too boy racer for people over 30 but younger people and enthusiasts absolutely love them and they have a nice niche market. There is a market for this type of car and I think it would go well in Hondas lineup.
Old 03-01-07, 02:34 PM
vin 78
Lexus Test Driver

according to Road and Track, the new Mugen Civic Type R has 295hp
Old 03-02-07, 01:56 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ff_

I do find it interesting that you come down on me for kidding around about the Lexus badge on the Civic, saying that I need to knock off the comments against Lexus owners, immediately after you said that the Civic is ugly and ungainly, and a "future robot turd from the year 2079". Isn't that a bit like the pot calling the kettle black?

Anyhow, let's move on, and try to keep the conversation civil.
I'm not a moderator for the Car Chat section so I can't moderate this topic.

ff, I myself don't always agree with 1Sicks comments, but there is a difference between what he said and what you said. You can praise or knock a car all day long if you want and so can he. The difference is you mentioned "Lexus owners" as people who would like this car if it were a Lexus, while 1Sick just said the car is but ugly and never mentioned any one else.

Next time, just say you like or don't like the car and your reason why and leave the smart comments out like the one below. Trust me, I'm one of the more conservative moderators and give members a lot of benefit of doubt, so take my advice and either ignore 1Sicks and other members posts that bother you or simply leave out the little comments that stir things up. You don't want other moderators who are less forgiving to step in.

Originally Posted by ff_
If this was a Lexus, you guys would be drooling all over it.

(you know I'm right...)
Old 03-02-07, 02:24 AM
Big Andy
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

One of our secretaries at work has a Type-S version of the new 5 door Civic. The Type-S is just a sportier version of the Civic without going the whole way to the Type-R. It actually looks better in the flesh, although the rear spoiler is a nightmare for rearward vision.

Inside the design is futuristic but good quality materials are used and it's genuinely quite pleasant to sit in. There is also loads of room in the back - I wish my IS had as much legroom.

And before anyone asks what I was doing in the back of a secretary's Honda Civic - it was purely for research purposes - on the car that is.

Oh who am I kidding?
Old 03-02-07, 04:25 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

I remember some friends telling me after I showed this to them last year they would stick with the last gen. civic instead.