Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Maserati GranSport MC Victory @ 2006 Geneva Show

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-06, 06:47 PM
LexFather

Arrow Maserati GranSport MC Victory @ 2006 Geneva Show

THE WORLD PREMIERE OF THE MASERATI GRANSPORT MC VICTORY

To celebrate winning the 2005 FIA GT Manufacturers’ Cup, Maserati has launched a new limited edition model of the GranSport.

The Maserati GranSport MC Victory will be officially unveiled at the upcoming Geneva Motor Show, and will be on sale from May, with only 180 individually numbered units being produced.

As well as boasting a higher level of standard equipment than the Maserati GranSport on which it is based, the new Maserati GranSport MC Victory offers a variety of new features that clearly link it to the Maserati MC12, and enhance its driving dynamics.

Externally, the Maserati GranSport MC Victory is immediately identified by its blue carbon fibre front and rear spoilers and the Italian flag recessed into the front wings, another feature inspired by the MC12.

Aerodynamic efficiency increased

The enlarged front splitter of the Maserati GranSport MC Victory generates more downforce at high speeds, as do the extended side skirts, modifications which improve the car’s high speed stability and dynamic responsiveness. Its agility is further improved by more direct and precise steering, creating driving characteristics more closely matched to those of the Maserati MC12.

Carbon fibre, leather and Alcantara interior trim

The cabin’s carbon fibre components are in blue to match the exterior spoilers. They are combined with a selection of leathers and Alcantara trim, which cover the upper dashboard, the door panels, the steering wheel - making it easier to grip – and the centre sections of the carbon fibre racing seats, the overall effect dramatically heightening the interior’s sporting ambience.

The upgraded interior, the sharpened steering response and improved high speed stability of the Maserati GranSport MC Victory bring the driving experience closer to the exhilaration enjoyed by the racing drivers of the Maserati MC12, while its distinctive look fittingly celebrates Maserati’s victory in the 2005 FIA GT championship

This is just a beautiful car inside and out, with the matching performance, I love it.

Old 02-15-06, 07:14 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Looking good, though I think its starting to show its age alittle bit. I would take the DB9 over this.
Old 02-15-06, 09:37 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by magneto112
Looking good, though I think its starting to show its age alittle bit. I would take the DB9 over this.
Anything Aston Martin over Maserati, for style...
Old 02-15-06, 09:44 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

I agree, Vanquish S & DB9 looks awesome !!
Old 02-15-06, 10:37 PM
rotaryrock
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by magneto112
Totally agree! AM's current cars are about the most beautiful cars on the planet.