ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Car Chat (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat-139/)
-   -   Torrance Pro/Celebrity Scion tC Makes its Debut at 2005 California Int'l Auto Show (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat/181541-torrance-pro-celebrity-scion-tc-makes-its-debut-at-2005-california-intl-auto-show.html)

mmarshall 10-07-05 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Thanks for the news, sweet deal. RIP Celica!!!

Yes....RIP. I had a blue / Iris 1995 Celica for 6 years...before my yellow IS. I thought it was one of the most beautiful cars Toyota ever produced....with the four big round headlights and the smooth curves, though it was somewhat underpowered, even for my tastes. The Matchbox / Hot-Wheels styling, sweep-back triangular headlights, and cramped cheap plastic interior of the car that followed it in 2000 was a joke....I will not miss it. In fact, the tC, IMO, is the car that SHOULD have replaced the beautiful 1995-1999 Celica in 2000 ( maybe under a Toyota nameplate ) , and didn't.

flipside909 10-07-05 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Onelove
That's awesome, looks like 1-2 of my friends might have a chance to drive in this years race.

If you guys do, let us know in advance, us SoCal guys will setup a meet. :thumbup:

Koma 10-07-05 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Yes....RIP. I had a blue / Iris 1995 Celica for 6 years...before my yellow IS. I thought it was one of the most beautiful cars Toyota ever produced....with the four big round headlights and the smooth curves, though it was somewhat underpowered, even for my tastes. The Matchbox / Hot-Wheels styling, sweep-back triangular headlights, and cramped cheap plastic interior of the car that followed it in 2000 was a joke....I will not miss it. In fact, the tC, IMO, is the car that SHOULD have replaced the beautiful 1995-1999 Celica in 2000 ( maybe under a Toyota nameplate ) , and didn't.

I still miss my 92 Celica GT-S... :cry: But now I drive a SC400 :thumbup:
Really though I would've loved to keep the Celica and the SC400.
I would really love to add a white All-Trac to my garage.

mmarshall 10-07-05 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Leets
and they're not using the supercharged models why? :uh:

Leets brought up an interesting point here. CleanSC answered that the race was not about speed, and that overpowered front-drivers would be dangerous for inexperienced celebrities.
I don't see where 200 HP....the amount that the tC supercharger provides...would cause massive amounts of torque steer. The 300 HP Cadillac Northstars and 260-300 HP front-drive V6's, yes, but not the Scion's supercharged four.

LexFather 10-08-05 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by mmarshall

I really liked the styling of that model, the lights were pretty bold.