Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Sorry to say but its coming to an END!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-05, 09:02 PM
OGS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Sorry to say but its coming to an END!

Hey Guys/Gals....

As some of you know, my brothers Caddy got jacked a while ago...and since he has a 8 month old son, and the ONLY other car he has is a NSX he needed a larger sedan. So I let him borrow my car until he got the EXT back.

I got a call this morning from my brother, who know wants to keep the LS. He is ready to cut Lexus Financial Services a check for the remaing balance on the car.

I can't really say NO since he did lent me 15k for part of my down on the car....so I need to get a new car....

Help me decide on which way to go. I am looking for something that is NICE to drive but also has the ability to be a speed demon (not out of the box but with some mods)!

My only issue with the LS was the lack of mod options, yes there is a SC kit for it but come on 11k! I am thinking of the GS300 (not the newest model but the 2JZ), IS300 or maybe the new Acura RL.... my max budget is about 60k.

Thanks for all the help!

Last edited by OGS; 04-13-05 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-08-05, 09:06 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

You can do a lot to a used GS with that budget. I would look for one around 2001 and then spend the left overs on mods
Old 04-08-05, 11:04 PM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OGS
Hey Guys/Gals....

As some of you know, my brothers Caddy got jacked a while ago...and since he 8 month old son, and the ONLY other car he has is a NSX he needed a larger sedan. So I let him borrow my car until he got the EXT back.

I got a call this morning from my brother, who know wants to keep the LS. He is ready to cut Lexus Financial Services a check for the remaing balance on the car.

I can't really say NO since he did lead me 15k for part of my down on the car....so I need to get a new car....

Help me decide on which way to go. I am looking for something that is NICE to drive but also has the ability to be a speed demon (not out of the box but with some mods)!

My only issue with the LS was the lack of mod options, yes there is a SC kit for it but come on 11k! I am thinking of the GS300 (not the newest model but the 2JZ), IS300 or maybe the new Acura RL.... my max budget is about 60k.

Thanks for all the help!
What size car do you want, what do you want in terms of luxury/comfort, performance/handling, price you'd LIKE to spend, etc.? Sounds like you want something with aftermarket potential, so is the $60k factoring in price for new/used car + mods?
Old 04-08-05, 11:08 PM
OGS
Lead Lap

the size of the car really doesn't matter, two seater or full size sedan...all good.

I am looking for something that has luxury but also has great performance (stock or modded).

The 60k would be for just the car stock. The mod budget is stored away and just waiting on the car....
Old 04-08-05, 11:10 PM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by OGS
the size of the car really doesn't matter, two seater or full size sedan...all good.

I am looking for something that has luxury but also has great performance (stock or modded).

The 60k would be for just the car stock. The mod budget is stored away and just waiting on the car....
New, used? If you want advice, you're going to have to give a little more data to guide the advice process...
Old 04-08-05, 11:18 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by OGS

Well, I'd get a new 2006 GS 430 and when the mods come, be one of the first with a modified one. Otherwise, new 545 manual since mods are ready for the car. I would say M45 but I am not sure how the aftermarket will respond. Acura Rl= almost no mods and you can't make it any faster.

2-door, Vette C6, or a new Porsche Boxster. I still like the GTO and you can mod the snot out of it. Even a Caddy CTS-V?

Old 04-08-05, 11:20 PM
OGS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Incendiary
New, used? If you want advice, you're going to have to give a little more data to guide the advice process...
New would be the only real option.

From what I have seen from this board and others like it...

I would be looking along the lines of a GS300, IS300, G35C, etc....I have had a lot of cars in the past, but nothing that I would REALLY play with.

Keeping in mind, FI is something I will do....the car needs to have the ability to turbo/supercharged but have the comfort level from a "luxury" ride.
Old 04-08-05, 11:24 PM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by OGS

I would be looking along the lines of a GS300, IS300, G35C, etc....I have had a lot of cars in the past, but nothing that I would REALLY play with.

Keeping in mind, FI is something I will do....the car needs to have the ability to turbo/supercharged but have the comfort level from a "luxury" ride.
If you're looking at current gen, all good choices, esp from an aftermarket standpoint. Can get big discounts on Gen2 GS300 for sure right now (if there are many left in stock). Depending on how much room you need, those are all good choices.
Old 04-08-05, 11:25 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by OGS

Well I would get a 04 LS 430 for around 50k, dump the 11k for the Blitz S/C and make this beast. Or TT the SC 430 like a couple membes here have.
Attached Thumbnails Sorry to say but its coming to an END!-01.jpg  

Old 04-09-05, 06:42 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

M5............?
Old 04-09-05, 06:56 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Hey 1sick, can you put an SC on the 05 LS
Old 04-09-05, 08:04 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by EDGE2
Hey 1sick, can you put an SC on the 05 LS
Yes, Blitz makes a S/C for it. I believe Toms has F/I for it too
Attached Thumbnails Sorry to say but its coming to an END!-toms04lssmall.jpg  

Old 04-09-05, 08:48 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

import a toyota crown

Old 04-09-05, 09:49 AM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Yes, Blitz makes a S/C for it. I believe Toms has F/I for it too
Is this pic from Japan? Has a Toyota badge on it.
Old 04-09-05, 11:04 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Incendiary
Is this pic from Japan? Has a Toyota badge on it.
yes,that's why it's called a crown.
this is my favorite crown(athlete)
Attached Thumbnails Sorry to say but its coming to an END!-zoom.jpg  

Quick Reply: Sorry to say but its coming to an END!