Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

SWEEEEP!!! Consumer Reports most reliable brands! Lexus, Toyota, Scion!!(Lexus Awards

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-05, 06:12 PM
LexFather

Unstuck. For reference, when u want to find previous Lexus Awards, I will put 'Lexus Awards" in the title for easy searching.

Old 03-10-05, 11:26 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jtanoyo1
"first time player" in America maybe. The Scion has existed for a loooong time in Asia under its real name the Toyota Ist and the Toyota Bb. The only thing Toyota ever did was to take a highly successful formula that they've done in Asia with their compact cars and bring it over to the US market. Mark me when I said that when the Honda Fit makes it to the US market, it will take the automotive industry by the storm. We have the Fit in our house for a couple of years and it really truly is the best bang for the money - just like the Ist.

Wouldn't say that it's been there for a LOOONNNG time. Toyota xB is 4~5 years old. Toyota IST is roughtly 2~3 years old, and tC is a brand-new car for America. Nevertheless they're still doing great.
Old 03-11-05, 02:27 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am already pimping out my new Tc. You kno how we do boiii. Fuzzy dice n' sheeee.
Old 03-31-05, 02:13 AM
redkingjoe
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i go to japan every year for one or two time for the last 8 years. we rented cars and drove around all the places...and we found that there are tons of toyota models(lexus is still using toyota's name plate in japan as of 12/2004) that are Unidentifiable Objects in the other side of the world...lots of diff toyota models(this is also a result of accumulating discontiued models over the years)...some of them were shipped to Hong Kong through parallel importing.

some said that the japanese wants to keep all the latest model(also the latest tech) to be enjoyed by the local first while the other said that they wanted to test for reliability before exporting to the US or other parts of the world