Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

This SKYLINE Is Simply Incredible...!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-04, 08:59 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up This SKYLINE Is Simply Incredible...!!!

WOW!!!
Attached Thumbnails This SKYLINE Is Simply Incredible...!!!-228skyline_chrome.jpg  

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 04-28-04 at 09:01 AM.
Old 04-28-04, 09:04 AM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Very shiny
Old 04-28-04, 09:14 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Is that some kind of black chrome paint job??
Old 04-28-04, 09:17 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by DGOT20s
I have to ask the same question???That paint looks really good and the car also..
Old 04-28-04, 09:19 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you say BLING??
Can you even look at the car when it is in the sun?
Old 04-28-04, 09:24 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by DGOT20s
I believe so D! Guranteed to satisfy the most diehard of BLINGERS!
Old 04-28-04, 10:42 AM
Aznteazer
Lexus Test Driver

what if it's just a regular silver paint with lots of wax and polish?
Old 04-28-04, 10:51 AM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

That looks sick! Daddy likes!

Hey TXSTYLE, where did you find this at? Do you have any larger pics or more information about what's been done to the car?
Old 04-28-04, 11:32 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Got this from the Z Boards. All they said for power was:

HEAVILY modded with stroker kit!!!
Old 04-28-04, 12:16 PM
Yankees Diva
Lexus Test Driver

Sweet ride. i would replace all the mirrors with tvs and just look in the paint to do my makeup.

~ Stella
Old 04-28-04, 12:30 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

actually, as much as I hate to do this... I have already read on another forum that this is a photochop- it is an enhanced image of one of Craig Liberman's skylines- heres a real pic from the same show

Craig Liberman actually posted about it... and said the following
heres the link- his post is about half way down the page-
http://www.houston-imports.com/forum...toshop+skyline

Folks, glad to see my name still raises hairs on the back of people's necks. Let me set the record straight:

A) that "chrome" car was a photoshop job. Not very good, either, but a cool concept. The original picture was taken at SEMA in 2001 in the HRE wheels booth. This past year, my widebody M3 was in their booth.

B) That Skyline now belongs to Motor Mavericks in Tennessee who I believe just changed their name to Ride something or other...very nice people...who bought the car just after I got it back from Universal, not paramount, about a year ago. They have since painted the car BACK to black.

Here's the car's history:

Started as the Blackbird, owned by Motorex...2 years in their hands, one magazine feature, four bald tires, and wasted brakes.

I bought it, painted it blue, scored about a dozen magazine features. This was after another $50,000 invested in brakes, paint, seats, nitrous, motor work, suspension, tires, wheels, audio, video, HKS gauges, gadgets, etc. but remember: this car was built as a marketing tool to impress sponsors, not to run quick ET's. (I did that in other cars in the early 90's. Even tried my hand at road racing in Formula cars for awhile.)

Universal rented the car and then made four copies of it, but painted the car silver with blue stripes (which I did not care for...Shelby stripes on a Japanese car?).

And no studio fired me...in fact, I'm working on FF3 and several other projects for Universal, including a special feature on the DVD where I built up a car with a Playmate...its' also on 2Fast2Furious.

I'm actually negotiating the sale of a script I wrote (for a car movie of course) and a TV series I created (called Redline for Spike TV this July) will air this Summer. I consider myself fortunate to be able to make a living doing what we all love to do: tinker with cars.

Anyway, I got the Skyline BACK from Universal in December of 2002, by Feb it was back to blue.

Scored a few more international magazine placements to make my sponsors happy, sold the car for a generous offer.

Bought a 98 dk blue Lamborghini Diablo...nitrous'd it, full suede interior, sold it within 6 months (no turbos...miss the boost....car attracted too much attention from 21 year old hotties....and my wife wasn't really down with that)

Bought a 2003 Porsche 996TT, yellow, took delivery at the NOPI Nationals 2003, still have it, love it. its' being modded as we speak.

Also working on a 2002 BMW M3 widebody (see it at www.moviecarz.com)

Every once in awhile, I come across these threads. I hope you'll do me the courtesy of saving this thread in a word document or something and listing my email address as liebermc1@***.net (that email address hasn't changed since 1998). I'd be very happy to answer any questions at any time if you simply email. In fact, it is my great privilege to correspond with hundreds of young people from around the world each month...most are like you and me: just crazy for cars.

Thanks for all the comments, good or bad...its your passion for cars that's drives this industry. You guys (and gals) keep me honest.
Old 04-28-04, 12:51 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Originally posted by sc400texas
actually, as much as I hate to do this... I have already read on another forum that this is a photochop- it is an enhanced image of one of Craig Liberman's skylines- heres a real pic from the same show

Craig Liberman actually posted about it... and said the following
heres the link- his post is about half way down the page-
http://www.houston-imports.com/forum...toshop+skyline
That's one impressive photoshop. Either way, I like it. It reminds me of the real polished A8 in Dubai.

http://www.mtm-online.de/html/mtm/a8.../frameset.php4
Old 04-28-04, 01:50 PM
southernsc
Lexus Champion

yah, that a8 is nuts
Old 04-28-04, 02:00 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

I was reading alot from the links about what Craig Lieberman had to say in regards to myths and opinions they had for him. Check out this link CLICK HERE From what I have read from his posts, he seems like a nice guy who is only doing his job. I just can't believe he has the guts to allow people to send hate mail by giving out his addy.
Old 04-28-04, 02:02 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Here's a little bit as posted by Craig Lieberman.. You can go to the link for me.

"Saw this on line and had to jump in, as many of your assumptions are way off base;

Myth: I'm a sellout.
Fact: I get paid as an ADVISOR...that's my job. Whether or not my cleints choose to take the advice is another point. You think I don't like Do Luck, CWest or VeilSide components? You think we didn't try to hit up Advan, Racing Sparco, Mugen and others? Did you ever stop to think that these companies were financially unable to support a project this large? You think I didn't STRONGLY suggest we go this way for either movie?

Myth: He doesn't drive his cars.
Fact: 15,000 miles on both the Supra and Skyline in 10 months. 2 speeding tickets in the Skyline, 1 in the Supra. The Supra was yellow, gorgeous, and very clean...before Universal rented it. The graphics, orange color and wing was their idea. I got paid to rent it...you'd have done the same. What did I do with the money I made? I bought a Skyline....I'd bet most would have "wasted" it on a house, or paying off credit cards. And I'm a sellout?

Myth: He got into the scene for the money and because of the movie.
Fact: I've been building cars since 1982. My first: a 240Z with a widebody kit and triple webbers. From 93-96, I had 6 cars in 12 magazine articles. Since 97, I've owned a supercharged Maxima, an IS 300, a Skyline R34, a Diablo, a GS400, a 996TT and an E46 M3 widebody, 1 of 2 in the country. I'm a car guy...to suggest otherwise means you really don't know Jack.

Myth: The movie didn't really portray the scene correctly.
Fact: This was a DRAMA, not a documentary. Did T2 portray cybernetic organisms correctly? Who cares?!

Myth: The cars were not authentic to the scene.
Fact: Having been to and judged more than 300 shows all over the country and in Canada, I have to say this: have you been outside Texas? Lots of Corollas, Neons, Sunfires, Cavaliers and Civics with giant wings, neon windshield washer nozzles and lighted muffler tips. Blame the movie if you want, but that crap has been around since 1997...when I directed and operated the 11 event per year NIRA series. How many of you have been to 300 shows in 22 states since 1997? You need to look around a bit. To my point, ALL of the cars recruited as extras in BOTH movies were taken right off the street...owned by real people...in their natural state. Blame their owners, not the technical ADVISOR!

Myth: The cars stereotyped the scene.
Fact: The cars HAD to be wildly modified...otherwise, mainstream audiences would not know what was special about them. An average viewer will not be to see the difference between a well done JDM Civic and a stock one. That's why the main cars in part 1 were brightly colored and graphic'd...get it now?

Myth: The movie destroyed the scene.
Fact: Because of the movie, mainstream companies are now sponsoring events.

Because of the movie, many TV shows have profiled street racing (and cast many of my friends, colleagues and clients, all of whom made mad money and all of whom knew damn well they were being portrayed as street racers...did you see SmallVille last night?)

Because of the movie, companies like APC, Sparco and NX have grown their business and now offer a wide array of products and better yet, have begun "giving back" to the scene by providing sponsorship to racers, show cars, and events. I suspect even some of you....you think they could do that if business was dropping off?

Because of the movie, Japanese companies recognize the value of the American market and there are now more parts importers and there's even a drifting component coming to our shores.

Because of the movie, Bomex kit sales are up...nitrous sales are up 1500%....Supras are worth $10K more than they were before the movie...racing seat sales are up....and the list goes on and on. ALL OF YOU have benefited from higher resale values of your cars, your parts and more importantly, if you're smart enough to recognize the movie for what it was, you are now an "authority"....meaning you're smarter than the kids coming up behind you!

Because of the movie, I've heard MANY stories of companies SEEKING OUT 24 year old "experts" with NO training other than their street experience JUST to help them reach the market...Keystone, Daimler Chrysler and many, many others.

Because of the movie, there are no fewer than 7 TV shows coming out next year...I'm working on 2 of them...and this means opportunities for many friends, colleagues, and companies.

Because of the movie, Supras are worth $10K more than they were before...

Because of the movie, every **** with an import selling it on Ebay references it as "Fast and Furious" this or that....and I'm the sellout???

Myth: I'm responsible for the ugly cars and graphics.
Fact: Again, all I could do is offer ADVICE....the graphics and colors were picked by the art department. I almost quit over the second movie art work but again, as an ADVISOR, I get paid for my opinions.

Myth: The movie sucked.
Fact: Then why did you see it 5 times? Don't be hypocrites....most of you did or know someone who did see the movie many, many times. The average is 4.

Myth: I don't know how to build a cool car.
Fact: Have you seen the widebody 350Z on the cover of HCI? My build up. Have you seen the candy red Eclipse in the RoJa ads? Built by ME, for JAmes Swe. Have you seen the Do Luck candy red WRX? You will on an upcoming cover of HCI. You'll also see my wideboy M3 on the cover of European Car very soon (check www.moviecarz.com for info). The fact is, I build them one of 2 ways: the way I like it, or the way the CLIENT WANTS IT....i.e The Need for Speed Skyline R34.

You have to also realize that people like Musgni and I, when we build cars to satisfy sponsors, a fee is paid to us, a decal goes on the car and we are then obligated to go out and get exposure for our cars. You may not like the company sponsoring us, but wouldn't be silly to hate Jeff Gordon cause you don't like DuPont? So what if I have an APC sticker on a car....they paid a fee...its' called "sponsorship" and I'm proud to be affiliated with all of my sponsors. You should be so lucky. We could not build our cars without their help...we are eternally grateful to each one of them.

The comments I saw about not taking the car for free are silly, to say the least. I suppose smarter viewers realize that graphics are removable..and the car underneath is a 400hp R34 GTR V-Spec...most of you know what that means.

Children...you better wise up....this may be a hobby to you, but its' a business to the rest of the world...and while you may not agree with this philosophy, any good business is in it to make money. Universal released two movies, both made money...as my client, I served them well. I also served my other clients (the sponsoring companies) well because THEY made money.

I consider myself blessed...people pay me to review their projects and offer advice...they don't always take it, but I get paid either way. This career allows me to fund my car passion. Instead of saving for my kids' college, I continue to blow it on cars, video games and car related crap.

I'm not laughing all the way to the bank....I'm looking at all of the positive effects the movie had. Many of you seem to be seeking to unload ridiculous views without acknowledging some basic facts...Christ...if a psycho climbs a clock tower and shoots 20 people, do you blame his therapist? I'm just the humble ADVISOR in most of these projects.

But its' nice to know at least you have a view...and refuse to accept what's forced down your throat by Hollywood. For that, I commend you and invite you to share your views with the clients, not the ADVISORS.

Peace."

Quick Reply: This SKYLINE Is Simply Incredible...!!!