Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Body Kit Finally Installed...

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-04, 08:23 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Body Kit Finally Installed...

Finally! Finally! i get my L-Sportline body kit installed tomorrow!!!!! I can't wait. I've been waiting to get this on now for about 2 months! It's been in my garage for around a month and a half, and in the paint shop for 2 weeks! Will get pics asap. Also, this will be my first time posting any pics of my car, ever, so i hope they turn out ok!

Also, looking to buy a nice rim, with a lip, not a full faced rim like i have now. '99 GS400. Something like BlueLex has or maybe the Lowenhart LD1 (possibly a knockoff). Any suggestions to help set off the body kit? I prefer chrome. Any ideas and pics would help guys/gals. Thanks!

John
Old 03-24-04, 08:39 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

u sound very excited, i know that feeling, congrats...definately post pics when it comes out the shop...check out lexis11 's car he just recently got the l-sport kit put on with LD1 type wheels, flows well..good luck and hope everything turns out well
Old 03-24-04, 08:43 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks Bluelex. I really like that look with the LD1 type rims. I am very excited. I've been workin on my car for a little over a year now. And this is a big step! Thanks again
Old 03-24-04, 09:02 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

How about some Koatik Z5. They look classy like Bluelex Gettins and about 1/4 of the price. Look under Alexusofatimes post or Djdelite has some Zenetti they just both bought a set. heres a pic the Koatiks.
Attached Thumbnails Body Kit Finally Installed...-kaotikz5.jpg  

Last edited by GammaLex; 03-24-04 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-24-04, 09:18 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Those are pretty Hott Gamma!! Your right, they got that same kinda look as bluelex's. Thanks for the pics.
Old 03-24-04, 09:23 PM
Alexusoftime
Lead Lap

yeah gamma those wheels look hot.....i want some too wait I have them
Old 03-25-04, 05:19 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice going John; you shall be the 3rd L-sportline GS native from the NE! I look forward to seeing your setup at the NJ meet next month

For some ideas and eye candy, check out Lexis11's and DGOT20s' L-sportline rides:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=114566
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=113154
Old 03-25-04, 05:45 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Yes JohnGS4 you will not be disappointed. I absolutley love the kit and the new compact look of my GS. I have 20" Katana Spazios and love the way it matches the kit. Well good luck, can't wait to see pics.
Old 03-25-04, 07:40 AM
koreanpers
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by GammaLex
How about some Koatik Z5. They look classy like Bluelex Gettins and about 1/4 of the price. Look under Alexusofatimes post or Djdelite has some Zenetti they just both bought a set. heres a pic the Koatiks.
hi, how much do those rims cost? are they on a website? do u have to get those cheap hub centric rings or are they made for our cars?
Old 03-25-04, 10:27 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Body Kit Finally Installed...

Originally posted by JohnGS4
Finally! Finally! i get my L-Sportline body kit installed tomorrow!!!!! I can't wait. I've been waiting to get this on now for about 2 months! It's been in my garage for around a month and a half, and in the paint shop for 2 weeks! Will get pics asap. Also, this will be my first time posting any pics of my car, ever, so i hope they turn out ok!

Also, looking to buy a nice rim, with a lip, not a full faced rim like i have now. '99 GS400. Something like BlueLex has or maybe the Lowenhart LD1 (possibly a knockoff). Any suggestions to help set off the body kit? I prefer chrome. Any ideas and pics would help guys/gals. Thanks!

John
Congrats man, I know the feeling, I am having this same exact feeling right now .

As for rims, what kind of budget do you have? You can always browse around the classifieds here for some good deals.
Old 03-25-04, 11:15 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

I love those Gettins but they aren't available anymore in 18s and I want to stay at 18". They are also a bit pricey. I'm getting the Kaotik Z5 and was going to save it and show the car after all my mods were done in a month or two.

If you need any help finding them, pm me. I know a few places carrying them. TIf your interested in 19's, look in the classifieds and there is a set for about $1800 another member is sellign them, and they are Bee-YOU-TEE-FUL!!!
Old 04-03-04, 01:11 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Kaotic
Katana

WTF are you guys doing to your cars? Get wheels with some SUBSTANCE, not just looks....
Old 04-03-04, 01:26 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by Manaray
Kaotic
Katana

WTF are you guys doing to your cars? Get wheels with some SUBSTANCE, not just looks....
UhOh! He's back.
Old 04-03-04, 03:28 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Neo
UhOh! He's back.
yup..good old manaray ..always so subtle with his words 4 any newbies out there, take his comments with ease, he hates everybody and everything that has any chrome in it, even if u have just a chrome valve stem ...
Old 04-04-04, 12:43 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Manaray
Kaotic
Katana

Well, I don't have the funds to purchase a nice set of HRE or Lowenharts. BUT...if you'd like to donate a set to me, I'll be happy to throw them on the baby and drive on them.

Quick Reply: Body Kit Finally Installed...