Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Body Kit Finally Installed...

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-04, 07:38 AM
legendary
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the real, do your homework on those wheels. We have a member in the Texas area that has bent up a set of those repeatedly.
His SN is Nazty97...check the SC forum

And, while I am not big on chrome, I do like BlueLex's Gettins. Those wheels above look horrid IMHO.

They have a teeny lip, and your car will look "undressed" or underdressed. I mean, you spent some good money on the L Sportline Kit, put some decent wheels on there.

It is the equivalent of wearing an Armani suit with Hush-Puppies.

It is the equivalent of high-water pants.

Just wrong. Save up and get a good set of 18's (staggered) so that you are not crying later about broken wheels or a broken look.

Here is a good example of 18s on the GS.

Research is your best friend.

And congrats on the kit
Old 04-04-04, 12:37 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default bodykit

Originally posted by legendary
On the real, do your homework on those wheels. We have a member in the Texas area that has bent up a set of those repeatedly.
His SN is Nazty97...check the SC forum

And, while I am not big on chrome, I do like BlueLex's Gettins. Those wheels above look horrid IMHO.

They have a teeny lip, and your car will look "undressed" or underdressed. I mean, you spent some good money on the L Sportline Kit, put some decent wheels on there.

It is the equivalent of wearing an Armani suit with Hush-Puppies.

It is the equivalent of high-water pants.

Just wrong. Save up and get a good set of 18's (staggered) so that you are not crying later about broken wheels or a broken look.

Here is a good example of 18s on the GS.

Research is your best friend.

And congrats on the kit
Good advice but here's my 2 cents. Any wheel can be bent or broken if driven on carelessly or accidently hit. I visit my local wheel shop often enough to see wheels of all kind horribly mutilated. I have seen Lowenharts, Maya's, etc just ruined. The Kaotik wheels are made by the MHT company. They make decent wheels. No they're not Dronells or Zauber but again, any wheel can be broken.
Old 04-04-04, 12:46 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by bluelex
yup..good old manaray ..always so subtle with his words 4 any newbies out there, take his comments with ease, he hates everybody and everything that has any chrome in it, even if u have just a chrome valve stem ...
yeah guys, dont let Manaray get to ya, when I joined the board, I thought he was a $#$!@%#@$^^, but he actually answered some questions for me in depth when I was researching SC's a while back. His fatal flaw is his "my way or the highway" delivery, but hey, who amongst us is perfect right?
Old 04-04-04, 01:00 PM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

yeah guys, dont let Manaray get to ya, when I joined the board, I thought he was a $#$!@%#@$^^, but he actually answered some questions for me in depth when I was researching SC's a while back. His fatal flaw is his "my way or the highway" delivery, but hey, who amongst us is perfect right?
I understand your point D but I still don't like him bottom line is he is rude! I have a wheel I like and that is all I care about. It just fumes me to have to see this guy post.

BTW Manaray, you say put something with substance on our vehicles and not something that just looks good but what if I like my wheels and they LOOK good??? Isn't that the point of modding a car, to make it LOOK GOOD???? Do you mod your car to make it ugly?????? Any wheel can be bent and I much rather bend a cheaper wheel then an expensive wheel.

Last edited by Lexis11; 04-04-04 at 01:05 PM.
Old 04-04-04, 01:08 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by chicagoblknazn
Well, I don't have the funds to purchase a nice set of HRE or Lowenharts. BUT...if you'd like to donate a set to me, I'll be happy to throw them on the baby and drive on them.
LOL, just caught this one! Funny as hell man, I'm always trying to get some new wheels donated to my worthy cause, but so far I have no patrons!! LOL
Old 04-04-04, 04:08 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Default manaray

Originally posted by DGOT20s
D, you have a right to your opinion as does manaray and everyone else. What I don't understand is when I and others said something out of turn, we were reminded to be thoughtful of others. I agree with being chastized about being too strong because I want to be cool. I took it well when I it was suggested to lighten up. This is all fun stuff here but should remain respectful.
I've seen you and others defend this guy like it's okay for him to bust on anyone about anything without respect. I don't get it.
I can tell you are a really cool guy. I don't get it. Same question to you Adrian. I know you're a cool guy. What gives?
This is only my confusion, I'm not trying to be a hater.
Old 04-04-04, 05:09 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Default Re: manaray

Originally posted by reggiek

I've seen you and others defend this guy like it's okay for him to bust on anyone about anything without respect. I don't get it.
I can tell you are a really cool guy. I don't get it.
The reason I say this about him is, because he is not going to change his way to be more PC like you and I would. you can do a search man, I have went head up with him on a few occasions ( I mean those 40line post type jobs), and in the end, it was just wasted energy. I am not defending him at all, I am just telling our newer members to not let his comments get under their skin, because just like you said, its not worth it!

I think the difference with you is, you are part of a group that is pretty cool (the FLA boyz), so we didnt want you being kinda tough on your own people, and thought of as an **** when your not! Also, you had no intent of offending, you were simply unaware of how that sounded!! Trust me, Manaray is well aware that some will get offended, but doesnt care, so why should you even waste your emotion and energy??

Someone once told me that most people you hate/ cant stand, either DONT KNOW, or DONT CARE that you hate them, so your just wasting your time! I think this applies here!

I only say this to newer people, because Manaray riles them up (just like I got all riled up). The difference is, when I needed assistance, he helped me, even though we had a war of words, I have to respect someone that does that! He could have said, "F off Mr Ghettodub", but he didnt. And anyone that knows me knows I get pretty in depth with my research!!.

I'm gonna search for that old thread, just for laughs! LOL

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 04-04-04 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-04-04, 05:22 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

I cant find that thread for crap, but i did get a good laugh at myself with my blingbling dubs when I joined CL though! I think back on the money I wasted on 2 crappy sets of wheels, and want to cry! LOL

Its always good to remember where you came from right?!

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 04-04-04 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-04-04, 06:08 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Default manaray

Thanks D,
I was right about you...only a cool guy would have taken the time to really explain and stick to his guns while doing it.
Old 04-04-04, 06:19 PM
phluid
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Neo
UhOh! He's back.
Ya, I think when something goes bad you have to go into hiding for a while... j/k
Old 04-04-04, 07:07 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

D, you have a right to your opinion as does manaray and everyone else. What I don't understand is when I and others said something out of turn, we were reminded to be thoughtful of others. I agree with being chastized about being too strong because I want to be cool. I took it well when I it was suggested to lighten up. This is all fun stuff here but should remain respectful.
I can tell you are a really cool guy. I don't get it. Same question to you Adrian. I know you're a cool guy. What gives?
This is only my confusion, I'm not trying to be a hater.
reg i just caught this man......1st off i personally know which means a lot, 2nd manaray has been warned and warned over and over again, it just point less 2 even try 2 reason with the man...if someone is stuck in there ways and doesn't care what peopel think than what can u do but mayb advise others not 2 take him seriously, incase they haven't heard of or read of him b4....with u it was more of people r getting 2 know u , no need 2 them 2 get the wrong idea of off the bat unless u want 2 b like him and totally not care about anyone! or what they think. i don't think thats u'r character...
Old 04-04-04, 07:10 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Thanks D,
I was right about you...only a cool guy would have taken the time to really explain and stick to his guns while doing it.
Dont even worry about it man, anything I can do to help my brothers!
Old 04-04-04, 10:58 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

*puts on his flame suit*

So what do y'all think about them spinners eh?

*runs away to hide from the wrath of the anti-chrome crew*

Old 04-05-04, 05:15 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by jtanoyo1
*puts on his flame suit*

So what do y'all think about them spinners eh?

*runs away to hide from the wrath of the anti-chrome crew*

Good one..

Old 04-05-04, 05:48 AM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Manaray
Kaotic
Katana

WTF are you guys doing to your cars? Get wheels with some SUBSTANCE, not just looks....

Easier said than done, especially when you're getting sponsored and you know who you are!!! Not just with wheels either....flame if you want, but I get tired of that "You have a Lexus", so does that mean I have to pay double the cost of ish? Everytime I pull up to an aftermarket store, and they hear it's a Lexus, you should see the gleam in their eyes! I have been on both sides of the fence, where I would talk much trash because I was being "Sponsored", but without having any sponsors, I have to buy what I can afford, without having to sell the house!

I am not trying to step on anyones toes(manaray), you have many sponsors and I'm happy for you, but don't go around telling people they got crap when you know darn well you didn't buy or may got them at half price i.e. wheels, coilovers, aero kit, etc.....and I'm not trying to go into a financial war(my pocket is fatter than yours) with you or anyone else. What may look good to someone else may not look good to you, so what, some can't afford the HRE price!

-R-

Quick Reply: Body Kit Finally Installed...