Canada For events in Canada.

I will pay you to intall my Coils

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-12, 07:38 AM
MamadIS
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I will pay you to intall my Coils

hi i have a set of coils that i would like to install on my 2006 lexus is350 and i will pay someone to install it for me ( i will help out too ). let me know how much you would charge or if you guys know a place in GTA that would install them for a fair price let me know. thanks
Old 06-18-12, 08:57 AM
Dawa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

keep in mind that if you have someone do this install for you, they wont be able to provide a warranty and you might not be able to put blame upon them if something bad happens.

im not saying that you DONT go this route, im just giving you something to consider. there are many people that will be able to help you out, but there are also a few sour apples out there.

installing coils is fairly basic and general on any car, but perhaps to give you some reassurance you should have someone who has installed them on your specific car so that theyre more familiar with the install. and ensure they have a torque wrench and torque specs
Old 06-18-12, 09:34 PM
busdepot
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drive to Calgary and I'll help you put 'em in.

I did my own, and I have no warranty. They are not rocket science. However I agree with ProperD's points thoroughly, the suspension is a critical component of your car for safety. If you're not comfortable doing it yourself, and aren't 100% certain of the process involved in doing the installation (ie checking your friend's work), get a pro to do it. The peace of mind will be worth a few hundred bucks.
Old 06-20-12, 07:23 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Go see Tino or Louis at Sam's Garage in Markham on Laidlaw drive. Google is your friend. Don't mind the Ferrari's, Lamborgini's and other high end cars in the lot, they are down to earth guys.
Old 06-20-12, 08:51 AM
MamadIS
Driver

thanks i will give them a call soon. how much should i expect to pay for the installation (average figure in toronto)?
Originally Posted by My0gr81
Go see Tino or Louis at Sam's Garage in Markham on Laidlaw drive. Google is your friend. Don't mind the Ferrari's, Lamborgini's and other high end cars in the lot, they are down to earth guys.
Old 06-20-12, 03:44 PM
RudeDoggy
Pole Position

I've never used them to install my lowering springs, but you could also ask Andy at Bullock City Auto (McCowan/Hwy 7 area) how much he charges. He used to be a Don Valley North Lexus master technician. I go to him when my usual guy (another independent in Scarborough) doesn't have the specialized tools to do certain things. Andy has been able to do everything I've asked him to do for me: Differential fluid changes, automatic fluid changes, reading SRS codes with his Techstream subscription.

Also in that area is Speedstar, which specializes in modified cars. I don't know what pricing should be like but you could always ask. I've heard of people getting it done for $250 but can't remember where. I paid way too much for my install. Oh well, live and learn.
Old 06-26-12, 02:54 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

you fail to mention what kind you have and if they are new or used .

coils are simple to install , but i have seen more than my fair share of incorrectly installed and set up cars from reputable shops .

If its less than $400 expect a simple install with no corrections or adjustments.

on another note .
I didn't know Andy at Bullock was a Master tech , i thought he only worked at don valley for 5 years , i was sure you needed more than that but what do i know .
Old 06-28-12, 07:54 AM
MamadIS
Driver

man prices are all over the place i've had quotes from 200 all the way to 350 with no alignment of course. as far as i know this is very straight forward install, so don't know why some shops charge more than $300.
Old 06-28-12, 09:29 AM
azndriver
Driver

i sent you a pm....and know that they would take care of you and prices are the average for the GTA...

none the less just remember also rear seized bolts, happened to me when I took my car in and strangely the rear was seized to hell on my is350

Apex Automotive is where I installed my stuff charge was $265.

alignment was $80 at Altech Performance in Etobicoke

curious what springs did you use to lower your is250
Old 07-01-12, 03:45 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

go to aph or igarage, can get it done for around $150
Old 07-01-12, 06:05 PM
bfedro427
Rookie

Should not be more than a 4 hour job for any reputable shop. Don't go to the dealership though unless you want to get bent over
Old 07-18-12, 10:26 AM
MamadIS
Driver

hey man, thanks for referring the igarage place. i just got a quote from them and planning to go there. lots of good reviews and outstanding prices.
Originally Posted by reyoasian
go to aph or igarage, can get it done for around $150
Old 07-25-12, 12:51 PM
oem
Driver School Candidate

try calling ART motorsports in Thornhill. Patrick there is a master tech mechanic who does ggreat work.