Canada For events in Canada.

Philips d4s bulbs for my 250

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-12, 08:42 PM
4doorLEX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Philips d4s bulbs for my 250

So I'm looking to save a few bucks and buy some bulbs online. There is a sweet deal for around 50$ a bulb on amazon.com.... Which is not accessible to Canadian buyers. Boohoo....

Want to stay away from dealer if I can. Where do Canadian buyers pick them up?

I'm in Montreal should anyone know a spot here too.

Cheers.
Old 06-12-12, 12:35 AM
felixt
Rookie

I bought my garax 6k on ebay, it was around $80 shipped when I got it and im in BC
Old 06-12-12, 12:29 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Depends, which Philips you are referring to, the XenEco or Ultinon. If you're going for 6000K, then it's Ultinon (which you pay more for it)

I would not Amazon market if that is where you saw them, some sell fakes.

There are two CL Vendors which sell them, XenonDepot and Nigel-JDMParts.

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/ - XenonDepot
http://www.nigel-jdmparts.com/ - Nigel-JDMParts
Old 06-13-12, 06:06 PM
4doorLEX
Driver School Candidate

I was looking to stick OEM (or close too, not 6000k) which i think is 4300K if i recall.

Ill check those sites out, Thanks for the quick responses!
Old 06-13-12, 06:12 PM
4doorLEX
Driver School Candidate

This is what caught my eye, seems legit

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/Philips-43.../pb-d4s-4k.htm
Old 06-13-12, 11:02 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

FYI , anyone who sells Phillips ultinon bulbs with a 9006 , 9005 , h4 , h11, or any other Phillips patented base is selling a fake bulb . It is just a relabeled Chinese bulb charged at a premium price.
Phillips only makes D series bulbs for HID's not H ot 900 series as a retrofit. So if they say they are real ultinons or Phillips and cost less than $300 ( which is what REAL Phillips D series bulbs go for ) a pair you can guarantee they are fake.
Old 06-14-12, 07:38 PM
4doorLEX
Driver School Candidate

So that being said what's ur take on the link I selected?

I know fakes are out there, are they really that bad. Even if they last half the time but are less than half the price of dealer its still worth it. I've been reading up on this forever and just want the best for my lex and my wallet.

It almost seems no one buys from Lexus but at the same time everyone says everythingnelsemis fake. The bulbs I looked at above were Msrp at 160$ or so and on sale. Again that could be marketing....

Thanks
Old 06-15-12, 11:58 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Originally Posted by skperformance
FYI , anyone who sells Phillips ultinon bulbs with a 9006 , 9005 , h4 , h11, or any other Phillips patented base is selling a fake bulb . It is just a relabeled Chinese bulb charged at a premium price.
Phillips only makes D series bulbs for HID's not H ot 900 series as a retrofit. So if they say they are real ultinons or Phillips and cost less than $300 ( which is what REAL Phillips D series bulbs go for ) a pair you can guarantee they are fake.
It's not exactly true and is miss-leading. It is a re-based bulb is made in China however the burner and glass is from Philips. It is still a genuine/legitimate product, otherwise Philips would not even list it on their own website and would not have manufacturers who are authorized to make them.

Second, we have two CL forum vendors (XenonDepot and Nigel-JDMParts) which sell the Philips and the re-based Philips. Now if we assume the re-based is fake based on what you stated, then this implies both vendors would be in direct violation of the forum rules of selling fake/counterfeit products. Since they are selling legitimate products, they are fine.

There are real fake re-based and D ones which I have seen before and in person too, which one can fall for it if one does not know where to get the legitimate ones from (ie. Ebay). Otherwise, purchasing from either of the two CL vendors, you are safe.

Originally Posted by 4doorLEX
So that being said what's ur take on the link I selected?

I know fakes are out there, are they really that bad. Even if they last half the time but are less than half the price of dealer its still worth it. I've been reading up on this forever and just want the best for my lex and my wallet.

It almost seems no one buys from Lexus but at the same time everyone says everythingnelsemis fake. The bulbs I looked at above were Msrp at 160$ or so and on sale. Again that could be marketing....

Thanks
The link you listed is valid, it is XenonDepot's site. XenonDepot is forum vendor on CL, you do not have to worry. The same goes for Nigel-JDMParts who also sells Ultinon products.

Last edited by Sango; 06-16-12 at 03:24 PM.
Old 06-26-12, 03:09 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Then the easy way to tell is if it costs less than a normal pair of Phillips bulbs then it is fake.
If it is a rebased bulb how is it going to cost less if their are additional cost of acquiring , modifying and then reselling them . Best part is , if Phillips doesn't sell or make them then how do they get a Phillips package showing a H or 900 series designation on the box which seem to clearly say " Phillips " ?
Just saying , as i have yet to see a single package ever produced saying rebased.
I have on the other hand seen hundreds of stickers and packages saying osram , phillips and hella being sold as " real " .
I have even been sent Phillips branding to affix to packaging , but I'm always open to learning something new.
Old 06-26-12, 03:17 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Sango
It's not exactly true and is miss-leading. It is a re-based bulb is made in China however the burner and glass is from Philips. It is still a genuine/legitimate product, otherwise Philips would not even list it on their own website and would not have manufacturers who are authorized to make them.

Second, we have two CL forum vendors (XenonDepot and Nigel-JDMParts) which sell the Philips and the re-based Philips. Now if we assume the re-based is fake based on what you stated, then this implies both vendors would be in direct violation of the forum rules of selling fake/counterfeit products. Since they are selling legitimate products, they are fine.

There are real fake re-based and D ones which I have seen before and in person too, which one can fall for it if one does not know where to get the legitimate ones from (ie. Ebay). Otherwise, purchasing from either of the two CL vendors, you are safe.

The link you listed is valid, it is XenonDepot's site. XenonDepot is forum vendor on CL, you do not have to worry. The same goes for Nigel-JDMParts who also sells Ultinon products.
Just to clarify ,
What part did i say is
It's not exactly true and is miss-leading
What listing are you referring to , got a link ?
otherwise Philips would not even list it on their own website
Not doubting you as i mentioned before , i can always learn something new , but i would like to correct myself and apologize for misleading information if i am wrong .
Old 06-27-12, 04:49 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Originally Posted by skperformance
Just to clarify ,
What part did i say is
What listing are you referring to , got a link ?

Not doubting you as i mentioned before , i can always learn something new , but i would like to correct myself and apologize for misleading information if i am wrong .
You can find them here depending on which region you select (I know Philippines, HK, Australia have them for instance).
http://www.lighting.philips.com/main...e_lighting.wpd

Example from the HK site:
http://www.lighting.philips.com.hk/v...p?id=1052844#0 - Click on the product listings tab.
Old 06-28-12, 07:50 AM
MamadIS
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just save yourself some money and order from Ebay. i've been running a set for more than a year with zero issues. i got 8000K for less than $30 shipped and as i said zero issues. i had the same bulbs on my previous car for than 2 years and again no issues.
Old 06-28-12, 10:00 AM
Sango
Pole Position

The OP specifically wants Philips bulbs. They are the only brand which has the best output for the color.