Canada For events in Canada.

CL Vancouver is pretty dead these days

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-10, 08:07 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default CL Vancouver is pretty dead these days

So what's people in Vancouver up to these days? nobody gets spotted anymore? no meets going on? no more new members getting excited over their new car purchases?

it's supposed to be the best place on earth. You can do better than that haha.
Old 10-06-10, 08:50 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tell me about it.

Ok so heres a topic on convo then. Has anyone heard of Racing Gear coilovers? There a guy on RevScene selling them for my ride but no one seems to know much about them. I read in an RSX forum that theyre super high quality, and retail for $2900-$3200. Anyone have any personal experience with this brand of coils??

ALSO, my carPC should be going in finally in the next week or so. Once installed I'll have navi/mp3/bluetooth/voice calling/text-to-speech/voice recognition/internet/video/weather and a bunch more that I cant think of right now. But it'll pretty much have all the goodies new cars have these days. I'm super excited about it, if anyone wants to check it out or are considering their own carPC install just lemme know! I'll share my expierience.
Old 10-07-10, 06:13 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's probably because those of us that used to do all the getting together and talking and what not have moved away or into different cars.
Old 10-07-10, 08:56 PM
ewingli
Pole Position

lol we're still here lurking around in our own car section =P
Old 10-07-10, 11:13 PM
Kaydee

lol I'm still lurking...not much Lexus over here, but the most popular Lexus here is the ES240 (ES350 with the 4 cylinder Camry engine). Other than that, more than half the cars I do not recognize. But if I go to the more affluent areas, Murcielagos, 458s, and even some Phantoms are hard to miss. it's paradise here!

haha should I organize a meet from here? lol
Old 10-08-10, 08:39 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

im lurking around too
lol
Old 10-08-10, 09:32 AM
Kaydee

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
Tell me about it.

Ok so heres a topic on convo then. Has anyone heard of Racing Gear coilovers? There a guy on RevScene selling them for my ride but no one seems to know much about them. I read in an RSX forum that theyre super high quality, and retail for $2900-$3200. Anyone have any personal experience with this brand of coils??

ALSO, my carPC should be going in finally in the next week or so. Once installed I'll have navi/mp3/bluetooth/voice calling/text-to-speech/voice recognition/internet/video/weather and a bunch more that I cant think of right now. But it'll pretty much have all the goodies new cars have these days. I'm super excited about it, if anyone wants to check it out or are considering their own carPC install just lemme know! I'll share my expierience.
oh yeah...gonna respond to this.

never heard of that coilover brand...let alone for our cars. But mind you I've been out of the SC game for almost a year so new products might have popped up that I don't know about.

looking forward to your CarPC...you're going to be among 3 or 4 people on here who will have such system. If you're having problems, contact pnyboy27 on here. He lives in Washington state and did this mod about 2 years ago.
Old 10-13-10, 10:52 PM
sfuboy
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys... I'm new to the forum.. new to lexus... just trying to learn more about the car, and the people in this forum by ... READing.. lurking....
Old 10-13-10, 11:06 PM
Kaydee

I'm here....lurking as well. LOL

which car do you drive? and I'm guessing that you go to SFU as well? what program are you in? SFU people are usually more in charge in terms of setting up meets than those from that other school on the other side of the city.
Old 10-14-10, 06:18 AM
SorrGwa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

its winter, and not many ppl modding cars these days... if they do, its sleeper stuff. =/

all im gonna finish doing this winter is my jdm door handles and my ls400 brakes. then im done for this season.
Old 10-15-10, 11:04 PM
sfuboy
Driver School Candidate

Hey Kaydee,

I WAS a student of SFU.. until i graduated... There's so few hrs these days.. you wake up.. transit to work (I don't drive until weekend), work, transit back... cook.. watch TV/surf-net.. and the day is over.

I'm driving an IS350 2006 GFM.
Old 10-16-10, 03:37 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaydee
I'm here....lurking as well. LOL

which car do you drive? and I'm guessing that you go to SFU as well? what program are you in? SFU people are usually more in charge in terms of setting up meets than those from that other school on the other side of the city.
hey kaydee, what's new with you? and when are you planning on coming back to visit vancouver?
Old 10-16-10, 07:51 PM
Kaydee

Hey I'm alive and well here...I've adjusted pretty quickly to life over here. I love it here! the people can be a handful most of the time but it's nothing I can't handle. Everything is just bigger and better than in Vancouver, so I'm not really feeling homesick yet...I don't think I'll ever lol. If I do visit Vancouver I'm guessing it will probably be next Christmas.

check out my Shanghai thread to see some pics.
Old 10-17-10, 11:38 PM
Measured
Advanced

Received 101 Likes on 55 Posts

Hanging in the GS section and trying to find a place to laser cut my keys for cheap. Waiting for stoptech parts to come in, waiting for Tanabe coils to come in, waiting for my Daizen bushings, waiting to put my winters on. In other words I am doing a lot of waiting.
Old 10-18-10, 12:34 AM
Kaydee

and I'm here doing a lot of waiting as well to see what the final product will look like.

Quick Reply: CL Vancouver is pretty dead these days