Canada For events in Canada.

What courtesy car did you get?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-10, 04:01 PM
RudeDoggy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hacker_720
First of all, I can't stand DVNL, I can't believe how bad the service is there. I go to Hefner in Kitchener, and they are GREAT!

I have received an ES and RX350, both current models, both spotless. The RX350 they brought to my house (with two service people so I didn't have to drive them back) because the service was going to take longer then they predicted. Once with the ES, they were just doing an alignment, but still gave me a car for the day so I didn't have to wait 1 hour.

The best service I have ever received from any COMPANY ever! If you are in the K-W area you must use this dealer.

ps. I didn't like either car as much as my 8-year-old GS430!

Steve
Unfortunately I live a bit far away from K-W... The nearest dealership to me is unfortunately DVNL, with the next closest being probably Lexus On the Park (formerly Scarborough Lexus). It seems like Northwest Lexus is the place to go. Too bad I don't live out that way...
Old 03-12-10, 07:04 AM
anaq110
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RKipp
At NWL if your car is from Canada, you can get a RX, ES or HS depends what they have that day. All are 2009 or 2010's.
Sorry Anaq but Lexus Canada won't even cover a car for a US bought car.
I had Carlos cover that one for you.

Ryan
Thanks Ryan and I completely understand the policy from Lexus Canada. Your service guys are great and I appreciate everything your team has done so far.
Old 03-12-10, 11:23 AM
Crester
Driver School Candidate

Technically... what is the issue with local dealers servicing American cars? I mean I know you don't want to encourage people buying cars from the States... but don't most dealerships make their money from servicing vehicles? So if that's the case... wouldn't you want to be as accomodating as possible to vehicle owners?... even if they own American cars?
Old 03-20-10, 12:00 PM
tfelsky
Driver

I am with Lexus of London.

The issue is with Lexus Canada not supporting a reimbursement for to dealers for providing a loaner vehicle for repairing USA vehicles. They should setup a reciprocal agreement with Lexus USA to service our mutual guests.
Old 04-16-10, 09:47 PM
wootw00t
Driver School Candidate

Here in Vancouver i got a GS450 last time when I had rear parking sensors installed.
GS450 was so damn fun and the power. It had the rear backup camera and navigation.

Last edited by wootw00t; 10-18-10 at 09:22 PM.
Old 04-20-10, 11:09 PM
athanato
Intermediate

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

I am not impressed with the lack of customer service with DVNL myself and refuse to deal with a dealer that does not have customer relations as a priority. Does anyone have any experience with Lexus On The Park? judging by the positive feedback for NWL I'd love to go there for service but it is too far for me.
Old 04-21-10, 12:56 PM
anaq110
Driver

Originally Posted by athanato
I am not impressed with the lack of customer service with DVNL myself and refuse to deal with a dealer that does not have customer relations as a priority. Does anyone have any experience with Lexus On The Park? judging by the positive feedback for NWL I'd love to go there for service but it is too far for me.

NorthWest Lexus was worth the drive for me, excellent customer service and very knowledgeable techs.
Old 04-22-10, 07:47 AM
venZon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are all dealerships in canada supposed to give a courtesy car? I need to get my low dust pads in and whatever pedal recall done.
Old 04-22-10, 11:46 AM
anaq110
Driver

I think work time must exceed +4 hours. Call before heading out to the dealership to arrange service and loaner.
Old 04-24-10, 08:25 AM
charmz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Crester
Ryan what is your dealership's policy on getting loaner vehicles? I know some dealerships require you to have purchased your car from them (Ken Shaw)... some dealerships are very particular on what services will allow you to get a loaner (DVNL)... and some seem to give out loaners for almost anything (Lexus of RH).
Its funny that DVNL and Lexus of RH have different policies since they are same owner.
Old 05-09-10, 01:25 PM
venom21
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got a loaded HS250H at Lexus of Calgary, was very impressed by the remote touch, but less than impressed by the rest of the car. Also messed up the service, by not getting our summer tires from the storage company which held them for the dealership. How dumb can they get? We live 2+ hours from the dealership and have drive up each time for servicing. Booked in advance for tire change, they waste my whole day and forget the tires. Their service quality has gone down hill a lot the last couple of years also the receptionist was arrogant, rude etc. Very unimpressed.
Old 05-21-10, 08:18 PM
athanato
Intermediate

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

got a base 2010 Corolla as a loaner from Lexus on the Park X_X, better than walking I suppose...
however, friendly and hassle free service unlike DVN.
pedal recall.

would have liked to try the HS to figure out what the flight stick on the console is for :P

Last edited by athanato; 05-21-10 at 08:23 PM.
Old 05-30-10, 09:02 PM
Crester
Driver School Candidate

Hopefully they only gave you a Corolla because they ran out of Lexus loaners? I remember some dealers saying that if they ran out of Lexus ES's to give... they started giving Camry's.
Old 06-14-10, 02:59 PM
makalan
Driver School Candidate

I have an 07 IS, and I have driven RX, GS, ES, IS, and HS as loaner when servicing from Edmonton.
Old 06-22-10, 08:25 AM
StanVanDam
Instructor

Received 201 Likes on 150 Posts

I had the option of IS250 or an ES for my 82000km Maintenance Service in January. I took the IS, didn't know which year.

It was my first time driving an IS, was not impressed with the quality or power (although I was comparing to my LS).

Quick Reply: What courtesy car did you get?