Canada For events in Canada.

Vancouver aftermarket mods

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-09, 05:25 PM
sc430guy
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Vancouver aftermarket mods

Where is a reputable place to go for aftermarket mods around Vancouver?

I'm looking to get a turbo installed in my 2006 sc430.

I was thinking about phoning a nissan/infiniti dealership and asking who they recommend all their 350z customers to go to for turbo installation.
Old 10-04-09, 10:57 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sc430guy
Where is a reputable place to go for aftermarket mods around Vancouver?

I'm looking to get a turbo installed in my 2006 sc430.

I was thinking about phoning a nissan/infiniti dealership and asking who they recommend all their 350z customers to go to for turbo installation.
aj racing, sr auto are a couple of reputable shops for aftermarket mods. not sure if sr auto do turbo installs, but i'm fairly certain that aj can do it.
Old 10-05-09, 11:29 PM
t3abag
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AJ racing deals mostly with honda's and ricer cars, not so much the high end luxury cars like the SC430. SR doesn't even do any of their own installs, they just order a bunch of parts in and get other people to install it and make big money off you.

I would take your car to Advance Motorsport in Coquitlam, they do awesome work there for a fair price! They also work on alot of higher end cars there too
Old 10-06-09, 12:15 AM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

I know EvoGarage in the Ironwood area of Richmond is very reputable for swaps, I'm sure they do turbo's as well..
Old 10-06-09, 08:28 AM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For NEAR Vancouver, try finding:
Kenetic Motorsport - Mainly DSM, Evo, Subaru, SRT4 etc
Forcefed Performance - Mainly Mazda
HPA Motorsports - Mainly audi VW

AJR is mainly NA or turbo for Honda Fit, and a bit of Scooby...
SR are mostly body and rims

There's 2 I remember, but not the name, one on Bridgeport right across GrandCity collision, they have dyno as well...
Another one is in Mitchell Island.....
I'm sure Garage 5 should be able to help you too...
Old 10-06-09, 09:42 AM
KI_GSE21
Lead Lap

I highly recommend AJ Racing if you need any turbo install or any custom work to the engine. Although many think they only modify Hondas/Acuras, they do many other cars. They are both knowledgeable and experienced with many Japanese cars. They are currently working on R35 GTR, EVO X, Honda Fits, and several Lexus vehicles.

And I wouldn't say AJ deals with ricer cars (t3abag). That's a generalization.
Old 10-06-09, 10:39 AM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

Only problem is they charge quite a bit, but you DO have quality work...
Actually another problem is as experienced with my friends and even know some people inside, they are cocky until you know them well...
Old 10-08-09, 03:42 AM
t3abag
Driver

Originally Posted by KI_GSE21
I highly recommend AJ Racing if you need any turbo install or any custom work to the engine. Although many think they only modify Hondas/Acuras, they do many other cars. They are both knowledgeable and experienced with many Japanese cars. They are currently working on R35 GTR, EVO X, Honda Fits, and several Lexus vehicles.

And I wouldn't say AJ deals with ricer cars (t3abag). That's a generalization.

Perhaps you misunderstood my post. AJ does do good work, I never said they did bad work. Perhaps you are right, I did generalize when I used the term 'ricer' but the fact is they specialize in imports, more specifically S2k, Fits, NSX that have a racing heritage. Let me put this in the open first off, I don't know if there are bolt on turbo kits available for the SC430 on the market right now. Most of the work done at AJ are bolt on performance parts, and they don't have the time to custom fabricate a turbo set up.

AJ is more of a wholesale business as they focus on their on product line (T1R) rather than retail business. If you want the experience and knowledge of the other shops that do more fabrication work and performance upgrades such as Forcefed, Blitzkreig, Advance Motorsports, RG etc...

If I had a S2000 that needed an engine rebuilt/turbo upgrade etc etc, the shop to go to is AJR however, i'm not sure about the SC430. Just like how if I needed the same type of work done on a 350z, I will go the Z-tune

OP should give Advance Motorsport a call since i've been dealing with them lately and find that their work is top notch!

I hope we got some of the misunderstandings out of the way!
Old 10-08-09, 07:37 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by t3abag
Most of the work done at AJ are bolt on performance parts, and they don't have the time to custom fabricate a turbo set up.

AJ is more of a wholesale business as they focus on their on product line (T1R) rather than retail business.
correctamundo!!
Old 10-08-09, 10:14 AM
SorrGwa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmm, are you talking about Drive Hard? they are on bridgeport, and have a dyno.

Mitchell island? Keep labs? they are long gone, but gerard is still floating around.

Originally Posted by Solo_D33A
There's 2 I remember, but not the name, one on Bridgeport right across GrandCity collision, they have dyno as well...
Another one is in Mitchell Island.....
I'm sure Garage 5 should be able to help you too...
Old 10-08-09, 10:34 AM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SorrGwa
Hmm, are you talking about Drive Hard? they are on bridgeport, and have a dyno.

Mitchell island? Keep labs? they are long gone, but gerard is still floating around.
Yeah, DH and Keep, didn't know Keep's gone though... already?
Old 03-29-10, 02:56 PM
sc430guy
Rookie

As an update: I finally have all my parts! (except for an exhaust ). Torque converter, twin turbo kit, s s headers, forged pistons and rods.

Only one problem.... I called advance motorsports and they recently changed their business model. They now only do tires and wheels.

It seems like people here have recommended against AJ racing? Are they not qualified to replace the pistons and rods in my 3uzfe engine so it can handle the twin turbo kit?

Advance motorsports referred me to garage 5 in richmond for aftermarket mods. Has anyone dealt with them or know anything about them?

Furthermore, if there are no truly suitable shops that can do my car here, are there any in seattle / tacoma ?
Old 03-29-10, 03:04 PM
sc430guy
Rookie

I just contacted Ztune and they said they should be able to do it, and that theyve done lexus' before. Theyre getting back to me tomorrow.
Old 03-29-10, 05:39 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

How much has the kit cost you? With the rods and everything..?
And how much is it gonna cost you in total with the install? Would love to see pics once all completed!