Canada For events in Canada.

Clear Bra installation Vancouver, BC?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-08, 08:55 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

they have a contract with Vieta Autobody for collision services...but not sure if they use them for clear bra installation
Old 10-01-08, 11:49 PM
604IS350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormforge
I saw a LS460 clear bra in Regency showroom. It looked OK to me. So who does Regency use to clear bra their cars? Someone can give Regency Lexus a call to find out....
I believe the clear bra on the LS comes with the car already.

Lucky them.
Old 10-02-08, 09:13 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 604IS350
I believe the clear bra on the LS comes with the car already.

Lucky them.
what? comes clear bra from the factory? i don't think so. clear bra should be a dealer supplied option. so the question is who did regency use to clear bra the LS?
Old 10-02-08, 12:31 PM
604IS350
Pole Position

what? comes clear bra from the factory? i don't think so. clear bra should be a dealer supplied option. so the question is who did regency use to clear bra the LS?
Well, if you don't believe me, try asking the dealer about it. I have seen the LS at Richmond Lexus with a clear bra at the front part of the car. Can't remember if it was just on the hood or the bumper.
Old 11-03-08, 12:37 PM
tintcentre
Driver School Candidate

I am the installer for Regency lexus on burrard for clear bra. Visit me at tintcentre.com or call anytime. We use Venture shield. 604.677.2249 Kris
Old 11-03-08, 01:57 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Well, if you don't believe me, try asking the dealer about it. I have seen the LS at Richmond Lexus with a clear bra at the front part of the car. Can't remember if it was just on the hood or the bumper.
I stand corrected. You're right, certain Lexus models come with clear bra straight from the factory. I had a little chat with a Regency service advisor, and he told me that Lexus does indeed provide a clear bra from the factory (eg. LS model). HOWEVER, it is only a partial clear bra - it only protects a portion of the hood and the front bumper (not the sides, nor the lower portion of the bumper). S.A's recollection (without looking up the price) was around $150 for the clear bra only. A clear bra kit from an aftermarket supplier would still be required to protect the rest of the front.
Old 11-03-08, 01:59 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by tintcentre
I am the installer for Regency lexus on burrard for clear bra. Visit me at tintcentre.com or call anytime. We use Venture shield. 604.677.2249 Kris

confirmed. regency lexus service advisor told me they use tint centre when there is a need to clear bra vehicles.
Old 11-07-08, 12:00 AM
enrai
Driver School Candidate

Hi everyone. I'll be getting my car from North Shore. Do you know if they offer clear bra installation?
I am wondering who has the best price for this kind of service.
Old 11-18-08, 03:18 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by enrai
Hi everyone. I'll be getting my car from North Shore. Do you know if they offer clear bra installation?
I am wondering who has the best price for this kind of service.
if north shore installs a clear bra, it would only be on the partial clear bra from lexus. for full clear bra, you would have to go to after market. see my post above.
Old 12-03-08, 06:03 PM
jetblackm3
Driver School Candidate

You may also want to have a look at Vancouver ClearBra at www.VancouverClearBra.com

I am sure they will be able to help out as it is the only type of work they do thier.
Old 12-03-08, 09:58 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by jetblackm3
You may also want to have a look at Vancouver ClearBra at www.VancouverClearBra.com

I am sure they will be able to help out as it is the only type of work they do thier.
where are they located? the link to the website doesn't show their address
Old 12-04-08, 12:29 AM
604IS350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jetblackm3

I strongly reconsider if I were you guys. Just a heads-up, Vancouver Clear Bra is formally known as downtown auto spa. They stop doing detailing recently. This has been discussed at another website.
Old 12-04-08, 09:28 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

I strongly reconsider if I were you guys. Just a heads-up, Vancouver Clear Bra is formally known as downtown auto spa. They stop doing detailing recently. This has been discussed at another website.

thx for the heads up. it's ironic how the website bashes other clear bra installers for poor installation, and yet i've seen the work done by them. just brutal!
Old 12-04-08, 01:33 PM
604IS350
Pole Position

thx for the heads up. it's ironic how the website bashes other clear bra installers for poor installation, and yet i've seen the work done by them. just brutal!
I regret getting my car done by them. Maybe in a few years time, I can get it re-done by someone who is better.
Old 12-06-08, 12:25 PM
enrai
Driver School Candidate

I almost got my current car done at DAS, I guess I'm glad I didn't.

if north shore installs a clear bra, it would only be on the partial clear bra from lexus. for full clear bra, you would have to go to after market. see my post above.
I guess I still have to drive to get the full bra installed.

I've heard that N-Motion has similar service. I'll have to check with them and Tint Centre to see who can give the best deal.

Quick Reply: Clear Bra installation Vancouver, BC?