ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Canada (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/canada-133/)
-   -   Anyone here buy an IS250/IS350 recently in Vancouver BC? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/canada/196322-anyone-here-buy-an-is250-is350-recently-in-vancouver-bc.html)

1stLexusIS 01-16-06 02:27 PM

Anyone here buy an IS250/IS350 recently in Vancouver BC?

Just wondering if anyone in lower mainland of BC has bought the new IS yet. I haven't seen any on the road and was wondering if there are any of you guys out there. My friend told me he saw a white IS250 with a body kit on HWY 1 but I told him that's BS. I want to buy an IS350 with sport package but will wait until the price comes down from MRSP (which will probably be awhile). Post which IS you got, the options, and how much you got it for (that is if there are any of you out there).

J0804 01-16-06 05:01 PM

Hi there!!! I bought IS250 AWD from Richmond Automall... leather package!!!! Graciar Frost !!!! hmmmm I don't know ... first one in Richmond??? i got my car long ago.... nov 15 i think.... IS350 would be a good choice with sport package :)
J

Sky.J 01-17-06 03:47 PM

lol, I have one in Coquitlam.
IS350 Navigation Package W/ Full option.
Silver. :)

VERYY fast and luxurious,
cost me 60,000 dollars canadian.

1stLexusIS 01-17-06 10:57 PM

I'm going to order from the richmond auto mall as well but i want to know if you guys were able to score any deals. Were you guys able to come down from MRSP? I can wait till the price comes down. If you guys couldn't get anything off MRSP, when do you guys think the price will be coming down? Later in 2006 like in the fall, or when the new bmw coupe and infinti is put out on the market sometime in the spring of 2006?

1stLexusIS 01-17-06 11:01 PM

oh yeah... and i forgot to mention congrats on the new cars guys!! :thumbup: Can't wait to see you guys out on the road.

604IS350 01-20-06 11:42 PM

Another one here...Got mine at Richmond Lexus as well. IS350 with sports package. Silver with black interior. :cool:

1stLexusIS 01-23-06 03:16 AM

So of those who went to the RICHMOND AUTO MALL.... who did you deal with and what did you pay for your car (MRSP or did you get closer to dealer invoice). Should I wait for a 2007? I'm all about spending my money wisely and I am willing to wait in order get the smarter buy. I have debated on going for cheaper cars (honda, acura, nissan, subaru) as a new vehicle but realize that I will never be satisfied with a car I settled for... even though there value is very tempting.

Anyways i hope to hear on what you guys went through on purchase of your awesome IS's(dealership impression, person you worked with, price negotiation, selecting the car on the lot or special order, etc).

For me these are some quick purchasing factors:

- able to get closer to dealer invoice
- have a new car sooner :D

- better cause its not the first year of a re-designed model (potential for bugs in the 2006... even though I haven't heard of many so far)
- more improvements

I recently have been pushed to get the BMW 3 series because it's a "BMW" by many people who know that I'm looking for a new car. The car looked like a really good car to go for and I put serious thought into getting one (especially after seeing people getting near invoice on a 2006 330i which is about 43000 CAD, loaded is about 51000 CAD) but some of my family/friends who have bought the 3 series had to bring their cars back to the shop within 2 weeks for various electrical problems and a check engine light.... glad I didn't jump on to that wagon when they asked me to.

Heck I'll be spending 50000+ CAD and I want a car for it's value, reliability, and performance... not for it's name and not to send it to the shop to get fixed all the time. What's gonna happen after warranty is up on a BMW? Lexus has come along way in it's short exsistance and the heritage/prestige of BMW isn't worth $&!# to me and isn't worth the headaches down the road. I don't think anybody likes throwing away money if they don't have to... so your imput on your Lexus experience will help me greatly with an IS in my near future.

Sorry for the long post and venting but I have been told not to go for a Lexus so many times and that I should get a BMW or a MB if I'm spending that much money. I find it ridiculous that some people are so blind as to purchase a car based on it's name rather than it's actual quality/value.

PS: sorry if there are any BMW owners reading this thread... I honestly think you guys got nice cars and if I was loaded with cash and didn't care about having extra money on the side I'd get a BMW for giggles but I personally can't justify purchasing the BMW name over Lexus quality.

604IS350 01-23-06 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by 1stLexusIS
So of those who went to the RICHMOND AUTO MALL.... who did you deal with and what did you pay for your car (MRSP or did you get closer to dealer invoice). Should I wait for a 2007? I'm all about spending my money wisely and I am willing to wait in order get the smarter buy. I have debated on going for cheaper cars (honda, acura, nissan, subaru) as a new vehicle but realize that I will never be satisfied with a car I settled for... even though there value is very tempting.

Anyways i hope to hear on what you guys went through on purchase of your awesome IS's(dealership impression, person you worked with, price negotiation, selecting the car on the lot or special order, etc).

For me these are some quick purchasing factors:

- able to get closer to dealer invoice
- have a new car sooner :D

- better cause its not the first year of a re-designed model (potential for bugs in the 2006... even though I haven't heard of many so far)
- more improvements

I recently have been pushed to get the BMW 3 series because it's a "BMW" by many people who know that I'm looking for a new car. The car looked like a really good car to go for and I put serious thought into getting one (especially after seeing people getting near invoice on a 2006 330i which is about 43000 CAD, loaded is about 51000 CAD) but some of my family/friends who have bought the 3 series had to bring their cars back to the shop within 2 weeks for various electrical problems and a check engine light.... glad I didn't jump on to that wagon when they asked me to.

Heck I'll be spending 50000+ CAD and I want a car for it's value, reliability, and performance... not for it's name and not to send it to the shop to get fixed all the time. What's gonna happen after warranty is up on a BMW? Lexus has come along way in it's short exsistance and the heritage/prestige of BMW isn't worth $&!# to me and isn't worth the headaches down the road. I don't think anybody likes throwing away money if they don't have to... so your imput on your Lexus experience will help me greatly with an IS in my near future.

Sorry for the long post and venting but I have been told not to go for a Lexus so many times and that I should get a BMW or a MB if I'm spending that much money. I find it ridiculous that some people are so blind as to purchase a car based on it's name rather than it's actual quality/value.

PS: sorry if there are any BMW owners reading this thread... I honestly think you guys got nice cars and if I was loaded with cash and didn't care about having extra money on the side I'd get a BMW for giggles but I personally can't justify purchasing the BMW name over Lexus quality.

Go talk to Jonathan Ma at Richmond Lexus. He is the guy I dealt with. He is a really cool guy to talk to and as long as your request is reasonable he can get it done for you. I would recommend him to you.

I just picked up my car just recently and really happy with the service.

Just to let you know if you do plan to get one soon, it might be a while before you can pick up the car depending on the package your looking for.

I thought about getting bimmer too but I have similiar thinking as you. I don't want hassle with a new car (no offence to bimmer fan) and my friends who is a mechanic say bimmers have some issues that often occurs. They all recommend Japanese cars instead.

Some people are more concern about brand name. I wouldn't say that people are blind. It is just that people was brought up or lived in a surrounding where those kinds are believed to be better cars.

In the end, which ever car you go with is alright, as long as you find out as much as you can of each car of your choice (pros and cons) and from there make a final decision.

Goodluck! :thumbup:

J0804 01-28-06 09:17 AM

good post Danny!!!! Push!!!! where is the meet up??? damn you fly bird me again? hahahah j/k anway I buy car from Edward Sie at Richmond Automall... nice HK car agent... !!! hmmm let me think bak in 6 years ago... was placing an RX300 on paper... but something happen ...we cancel the order and get AUdi A6 4.2....but this year... just getting IS ... and s he gave a good price for european car... if ur car is lexus... he even up-appraised abit more ... so you can talk him!!! have fun for dealing service!!!

DigitalNut 02-05-06 10:28 AM

Hi 1stLexusIS, I'm in a similar situation as you. I need to get another car and I'm was looking at Lexus IS350, BMW 330 and Infinity G35 Coupe. I have put BMW to 3rd in my list. I'm now waiting for the April announcement from Infinity (New York Auto show) about the new 2007 G35, before I decide between IS350 and 2007 G35 (as long as the car is released within a few months after the announcement).

Also did you try using carcost canada (www.carcostcanada.com) to get dealer cost?

After that I have to convince the wiff to let me get a more sporty car...

1stLexusIS 02-06-06 08:57 AM

I hear ya... as i wait for IS 350 prices to come down there are some new cars coming out like the new G35 coupe/sedan (which if it looks anything like the concept will definitley make me sway from the IS 350). Also, the new ES 350 looks appealling (expected release feb 8th) with it's new design and parnoramic sunroof and similar goodies as the new IS... however not sure if it's gonna be as sporty but will have ideal seating for rear passengers unlike the IS.

Also, even though I'm gonna buy whichever car straight up :woohoo: , it doesn't mean I can do it so easily especially if it's over $35000-55000 canadian... I do serious research on each vehicle (acura tsx/tl, Honda Accord coupe/sedan, subaru legacy gt, bmw 3 series, audi a3/a4, infinti g35 coupe/sedan, 2007 camry etc... and with all of the new prospects I could go either way :wiggle: .

For some reason though, I keep coming back to the IS350 ;) because it seems like the perfect choice if you want luxury, performance, quality, and reliablitiy. Seriously... I'm not planning to take my next new car to a track but I'm not gonna drive a car like Ms. Daisy is in the back seat. You honestly can't use the full power of super cars with huge HP and 0-60 in less than 5 secs on public roads safely and economical cars are just boring/uninspiring for a car enthusiast to drive. Certain brands are hard to maintain/break down often and others are just a name (cough BMW, MB) The IS 350 has it all done perfectly (like there moto) for "real life driving" but so might the new G35 and Lexus ES.... and whatever else out there in the near future.... All I know is that I better pull the trigger soon before I drive myself NUTS!! :eek3:

Edison_Chen 03-05-06 11:33 PM

Any recommendations for which sales person to talk to at Richmond Lexus?

I'm thinking of trading in my S500 for a RX

604IS350 03-10-06 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Edison_Chen
Any recommendations for which sales person to talk to at Richmond Lexus?

I'm thinking of trading in my S500 for a RX

You can try talking to Jonathan. Just tell him Danny wz the silver IS350 sent u. :D

Edison_Chen 03-11-06 06:57 PM

hehe n/m

I talked to Richmond Lexus's Edward Sie, I didn't get a great price on my trade in. He offered me $36,000 for my 01 S500 w/ 48 000 km's... :uh:

Today I went to Burrard (sp) Lexus, talked to Benjamin Tsang they gave me a better trade in deal; they offered 38,000, we counter offered for $39500. After he came back, he shook our hand; Deal was done

It is a 2007 RX350 Flint Mica w/ Black Leather, premium pkg w/ 18" wheels, a hood deflector too.
Probably picking up the car next week.

I'll post up some pictures when I get the car next week :woot:

604IS350 03-12-06 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Edison_Chen
hehe n/m

I talked to Richmond Lexus's Edward Sie, I didn't get a great price on my trade in. He offered me $36,000 for my 01 S500 w/ 48 000 km's... :uh:

Today I went to Burrard (sp) Lexus, talked to Benjamin Tsang they gave me a better trade in deal; they offered 38,000, we counter offered for $39500. After he came back, he shook our hand; Deal was done

It is a 2007 RX350 Flint Mica w/ Black Leather, premium pkg w/ 18" wheels, a hood deflector too.
Probably picking up the car next week.

I'll post up some pictures when I get the car next week :woot:

Congrads on ur purchase :thumbup:. Good to c you got a better quote! I shopped around as well before with the IS. I went to 3 different dealership and the one in Richmond gave me the better deal. Looking foward to your pix. :D