Buyer / Seller Feedback Forum The feedback forum is where you can post both good and bad experiences with members whom you've dealt with in our ClubLexus Marketplace classifieds forum. Please read rules before posting here!

Got ripped off by CheryRd1JZ

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-06, 06:08 PM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Got ripped off by CheryRd1JZ

I just wanted to report that CheryRd1JZ (Jamison Stroupe) on our forum is a very bad seller. He sold me a turbo and manifold a month ago and I still don't have the turbo. The turbo didn't even belong to him, but belonged to a friend name billy which I found out after I sent him my payment. I asked for a refund after he failed to ship the turbo in the time he promised, but never got the refund. I submitted a claim through paypal and they ruled in my favor since he didn't respond to his emails, but none of my money was recovered. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=243728

BTW if anyone knows this guy or lives locally to him in Knoxsville, TN, please help me get my money back. There will be a reward. Thank You

Last edited by DaveGS4; 11-24-06 at 06:18 PM. Reason: no personal info allowed
Old 11-24-06, 06:23 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

Members who are not involved in this transaction, read this before posting.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=191413
Old 11-24-06, 06:39 PM
CheryRd1JZ
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is the whole story............ I contacted the buyer a week after payment was sent and notified him that the item was not able to be shipped at that time due to it being locked up in a shop where it was being stored and the owner had gone to the SEMA show and decided to get married while he was there and stay an extra week. At that time the buyer had no issues with that but asked that it be shipped out asap. Within a few days of that conversation the buyer backed out by placing a claim on the paypal. I have dealt with many people on here and have been honest and shipped everything that was sold, check my previous threads. Yes, the items sold weren't mine, but a friend of mine and I am not hiding anything when it comes to that. I have been harassed on other forums by this member and also recieved vulger emails from him. His money will be refunded, but not because he backed out of a sale, it will be because he's the type of buyer I would hope that no one else has to deal with in the future.

Last edited by CheryRd1JZ; 11-24-06 at 06:48 PM.
Old 11-24-06, 09:59 PM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

First of all, you waited after tons and tons of email then you replied back to me. You also sent me a PM saying
Originally Posted by CheryRd1JZ
Money has cleared. I will ship tomorrow. I'll send you the tracking when shipped.
I was patiently waiting and waiting, but nothing happen. That is why I filed a dispute so that paypal can facilitate the transaction. This was filed Nov. 11 (ten days after I sent you payment and five days after you said you would ship next day). Also it was only a dispute, not a claim at first. All you needed to do was supply a tracking number, but your friend, Billy, was concerned he won't get his money, so he didn't want to ship. If he didn't want to ship, then that's fine by me, but return my money. I gave you 2 days to return my money, but had no response so I escalated to a claim on Nov 14. Even then, you didn't reply to the claim. You had 10 more days to reply to paypal. Paypal closed the case in my favor, but couldn't recover any funds. Anyways, if you didn't want to deal with me anymore, why didn't you refund me back on Nov 14 when I asked? Why did I have to go through this trouble with filing a claim to paypal?

PS...put yourself in my position and see what would you do???
Old 11-24-06, 10:00 PM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CheryRd1JZ
Here is the whole story............ I contacted the buyer a week after payment was sent and notified him that the item was not able to be shipped at that time due to it being locked up in a shop where it was being stored and the owner had gone to the SEMA show and decided to get married while he was there and stay an extra week. At that time the buyer had no issues with that but asked that it be shipped out asap. Within a few days of that conversation the buyer backed out by placing a claim on the paypal. I have dealt with many people on here and have been honest and shipped everything that was sold, check my previous threads. Yes, the items sold weren't mine, but a friend of mine and I am not hiding anything when it comes to that. I have been harassed on other forums by this member and also recieved vulger emails from him. His money will be refunded, but not because he backed out of a sale, it will be because he's the type of buyer I would hope that no one else has to deal with in the future.

I'm still waiting for it. Isn't paypal instant???
Old 11-25-06, 03:02 PM
CheryRd1JZ
Pole Position

All I have to say is, I'm sorry this happened. Had I known that this was going to be an issue with him, I wouldn't have done it. I've sold parts and parted out cars for him before and it's never been an issue. The good thing is that you have filed a claim against him and that means as soon as he puts money in his paypal acct, it will go directly to you. That's not my paypal acct, so I don't have control of it. Once again, I'm sorry that this happened to you.
Old 11-25-06, 03:06 PM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

Well Thank You for realizing my situation. I appreciate that. But please help me talk to your friend to get this matter resolve. I did check you record and ebay feedback before I made the purchase. You seem to have a good record that is why I buy it from you. I just didn't know about the twist is that its your friend item. Once again thanks for realizing this and please talk to your friend to return my money because it is the right thing to do.
PS This was suppose to be my wife's christmas present for me. But it got all mess up. I just want to recover the money to move on.

Last edited by JamesN; 11-25-06 at 03:10 PM.
Old 11-26-06, 07:10 PM
CheryRd1JZ
Pole Position

JamesN........ How much does he owe you? I'm going to try and call him tonight and see what's going on. Evidentally there's another issue with him not shipping out some wheels that someone I referred to him had bought.
Old 11-26-06, 11:40 PM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

He owe me $650 dollars i'm still waiting him to return my money. Paypal have rule that I won the case days ago. Jamison please call him or talk to him in person for me. I called him and I still can't though. That guy does not pick up phone calls. I gave plenty of messages. Also, please PM me Bliiy address. Thank You

Last edited by JamesN; 11-26-06 at 11:49 PM.
Old 11-30-06, 01:47 PM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

Still waiting for update. Anything yet??
Old 12-07-06, 03:52 PM
ichibanjap
Rookie

Not trying to hijack the thread but can also ask your friend to send me the title and front brakes? If you don't remember me, i was the guy from NC that got the black sc w/ no motor.

Thanks

Pete
Old 12-07-06, 09:14 PM
CheryRd1JZ
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ichibanjap
Not trying to hijack the thread but can also ask your friend to send me the title and front brakes? If you don't remember me, i was the guy from NC that got the black sc w/ no motor.

Thanks

Pete
This does not involve me, you can call him directly.
Old 12-07-06, 11:40 PM
ichibanjap
Rookie

can i get it? seeing as how you don't respond to my pm's. Thanks
Old 12-08-06, 12:39 PM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

Man, I can't believe that people are being screw over by this guy. This including 3 ppl already. And CheryRD1JZ (Jamison) you are some way involved in this since you help him sell stuff. I wouldn't buy it if I know it was your friend stuff in the first place. Forum rules said you can only sell your own item.
Anyways, I don't want to dump all this stuff on you since you have other ppl to deal with including your friend Billy. Plus, it's christmas season and I believe to cut ppl some slack. But I want you to help us get our money back or get Billy to ship our item.
Old 12-09-06, 08:55 PM
CheryRd1JZ
Pole Position

I plan to help everyone out in the situations that are going on. However, it's not physically possible for me or anyone else to make him do anything. If I could, I would. Any and all payments were sent to his paypal address and not mine, so therefore I can't access it to refund anything. I do realize that what was done is wrong and I've made that very apparent to him and everyone else involved. This is not the way I do business and not the way I would like to be represented. This makes me look bad as a seller and as a clublexus member. Those that were involved are more than welcome to share information and do what they want with it. My name is Jamison, his name is Billy. I drive an 01 IS300 and he did drive an SC300. These are the clarifications. I do have accts on other forums and have a set of springs and an intake for my IS300 for sale on those forums. They are my items off of my car and no one else's. Keep this business on this forum and don't "chase" me down on others b/c they have nothing to do with one another. The parties involved have filed complaints and are awaiting refunds as soon as funds are cleared in Billy's paypal acct. This in no way has anything to do with my accts. I'll leave it at that.