Buyer / Seller Feedback Forum The feedback forum is where you can post both good and bad experiences with members whom you've dealt with in our ClubLexus Marketplace classifieds forum. Please read rules before posting here!

Darrel @Lexus-parts.com / Sewell Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-05, 01:01 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow, I guess Darrel is really busy. I bought some RX330 OEM Lexus parts from him at the end of January and haven't received anything yet, I sent him a follow up email but he hasn't replied to it. I wonder what's going on over there? I
Old 02-18-05, 02:12 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Shogun
FWIW, the local NTB (now part of Tire Kingdom) just quoted me $200 for the shock/spring installation.

Good luck,
Eric
I wouldn't let Tire Kingdom do a suspension job , They are mostly pink azz, non giving a crap oil change and tire change jockeys.

As far as Darrell, sometimes mistakes happen, but he always goes beyond fair to make right. I wouldn't worry about it. It's barely been a week.
Old 02-18-05, 02:32 PM
rheiy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered my kit back in Oct and got it in Nov (two separate shipments - side skirts first then grill)
My credit card was charged the day I placed the order with Darrell. I have to admit, I got everything I ordered but not without calling him several times to see what was going on.
Base on everything I've read in CL, it looks like Darrell will make good on everything but sometimes it takes longer than one would expect. Overall, his prices are good but his customer service and timely follow through flat out sucks. I'd be willing to bet he has way more business than he and his staff can handle. If his prices for L-tune parts were the same as anyone else, I'd be willing to bet he would end up losing customers.
Old 02-18-05, 03:16 PM
flossn
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, I'm surprised people are having this many problems. I have nothing but good things to say about Darrel. I first bought the aero kit and ECU from him about a month ago. The ECU came right away and since the kit doesn't come in spectra blue, they had to paint it and it took a little longer. I called back a week later to order the L-Tuned exhaust and since the aero hadn't been shipped yet, he gave me a nice discount on the mufflers. I didn't complain or anything, he just did it. Both arrived as scheduled. I ordered the Springs/shocks the day he started the spring sale and those too shipped the next day. Everything always had tracking numbers too.

from me
Old 02-18-05, 03:45 PM
flashbang
Driver

I order my ltuned kit and got it in 5 days after that the sideskirt has 2 miner scrach, email sewell lexus parts and they send me 2 touch up paint in 4 days.
everything went well.
Old 02-18-05, 04:57 PM
HDDuece
Driver

Thumbs up

I ordered the aero kit, L-tuned springs and shocks and exhaust with no problems what so ever. Darrel must be a very busy man though.
Old 02-18-05, 09:22 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexy GS430
I had recently ordered that $270 L-tune aerokit on (2-7-05) from Darrel, and my creditcard account said that it has already payed sewell lexus, but Darrel tells me that they have no records of any payment from my creditcard company, and he tells me to send him a statement that show's my bank has payed sewell which i did, and he would send my part's to me and i still haven't got my part's yet. so What's going on i have called my bank at least 5 times, and talk to Darrel 5 more time's. He tell's me to wait for alittle while because he is looking in to it. So, my question is who is at fault, and how do i resolve this problem? I also got a comfirmation # from Darrel for my shippment on (2-9-05) that it was shipping to me then a day later it was voided due to insufficient billing info what give's. How can he send my order then cancel it? Today is the 16th and i still haven't got my order. Has anyone have this same problem before with sewell?
I have nothing but good experience with Darrell also but the shipping thing happened to me too. What happens is they schudule pickup with UPS but then cancel it before they come and get it. I am sure it will get cleared up but if Darrell is trying to get the accounting dept. to find the problem they may not make it the same priority he would...

let us know what happens.
Old 02-19-05, 01:13 AM
Alexus-Kia
Lexus Test Driver

my experience with him was So-So also, got my items in 3 Shipments received the sideskirts after a week then had to call for the grill which i had to wait another week and after about 3 weeks i noticed i didnt have the clips so i had to contact him again. NEVER calls back and barely emails in a timely manor .....Prices Good, Products EXCELLENT Customer service Well lets just say i had better. i thought maybe because i was a woman things went the way they did but the more i read-up about stuff like this happening woht CL members i realized it wasnt only a problem with me....

I guess Call-in /Online orders aren't a good choice dealing with that company!! Dunno.....
I guess they are too busy as is...

Just my $0.02
Old 02-19-05, 03:19 AM
DickLexus
Rookie

I have place 3 orders with Darrell and have not had a problem. There was a delay in shipping the 2 rear L-Tuned Salina wheels I won on Ebay but he responded quickly and explained the problem. And since the wheels are extras and the total shipped cost was $136 one really can't complain, Sewells internet salesvolume must be very large cause they are always selling on Ebay.
Old 02-20-05, 01:21 PM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my L-tuned sides no prob. Just ordered the +01 tail lights and the shock and strut combo. We'll see.