Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

EuroWill's Midlife Crisis Ultra-Premium JDM Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-20, 07:48 AM
captainva
Instructor

Received 269 Likes on 236 Posts

I don't think that their mufflers will work with the factory exhaust for a few reasons. The Tom's exhaust was a catback and had a midpipe that attached to the cat and mufflers and the midpipe is a different shape than factory to accommodate the Tom's enclosed rear sub-frame brace. Almost every other exhaust hits the front cross of the Tom's sub-frame brace from my understanding. On my car, the midpipe bolted right to the cat with the factory exhaust donut then I used a exhaust gasket sheet that I cut in order to seal the mufflers to the midpipe. They use a totally different type of connection since there's no washer to seal the 2 exhaust pipes together. The surface is totally flat between the muffler and midpipe.

I can try to take a picture from the back to give you a better idea but this one from the front is the only one I have that shows any of the exhaust.

Old 02-03-20, 07:58 AM
EuroWill
Pit Crew

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Muffinizer
I don't think that their mufflers will work with the factory exhaust for a few reasons. The Tom's exhaust was a catback and had a midpipe that attached to the cat and mufflers and the midpipe is a different shape than factory to accommodate the Tom's enclosed rear sub-frame brace. Almost every other exhaust hits the front cross of the Tom's sub-frame brace from my understanding. On my car, the midpipe bolted right to the cat with the factory exhaust donut then I used a exhaust gasket sheet that I cut in order to seal the mufflers to the midpipe. They use a totally different type of connection since there's no washer to seal the 2 exhaust pipes together. The surface is totally flat between the muffler and midpipe.

I can try to take a picture from the back to give you a better idea but this one from the front is the only one I have that shows any of the exhaust.
Looks like I will have to get their mid-pipe or something fabbed up!
Old 02-03-20, 08:10 AM
captainva
Instructor

One more thing is the Tom's exhaust is 2.25" so if you're trying to make big power thats going to become a restriction pretty quickly just FYI. I don't know what your end goal is but most people making 550+ have 3" or larger exhausts. That said the Tom's is very high quality. Fully stainless and the welds are super nice.
Old 02-03-20, 07:32 PM
firelizard

Received 424 Likes on 339 Posts

Also what buying sites would you recommend for yahoo auctions. There are a bunch of them and very few reviews
I don't doubt Nengun is fine, but I've used Jesse Streeter as my contact for many years. He now has a pretty well developed site for people to manage auctions and orders at www.jessestreeter.com
IIRC he'll give you a few different shipping options but I always go with sea post for large items like wheels.

I've also used Rinkya a couple of times when Streeter was on vacation. It was fine. They ship FedEx, which is a little more than Japan Post but it gets here faster.
The following 2 users liked this post by firelizard:
captainva (02-04-20), RICHYRICH (10-07-20)
Old 02-03-20, 07:44 PM
EuroWill
Pit Crew

The only issue I have with Fed EX is that they charge import taxes. DHL does not. From what I am told, DHL includes it in the price.

I need to check out Jessie Streeter.

I think I am going to order a cool set of period correct staggered wheels next. I love late 90s and early 2000s wheels.
Old 02-04-20, 04:08 AM
Arussto
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Bpu and toms barrel

Originally Posted by EuroWill
Regarding the Tom's barrel exhaust - have you installed it? If so does it drone? The HKS High Power muffler drones quite a bit. How exactly does it sound?

Regarding yahoo auctions, I have purchased quite a few things from them already. I have several places I use for processing my bids.

With regard to BPUs here is the list of parts I have in my cart on a certain website. Please let me know what I am missing.

Auto Staff Insulated Intake manifold gasket
Greddy Pulley Kit
HKS Fuel Cut Defencer
HKS Racing Suction Kit to go with the Abflug/HKS Carbon Airbox
Sard Fuel Pump Upgrade Kit - 265 Liters per hour
Tomei Oil Baffle Plate
Greddy Intercooler Kit - not sure if I should get the LS Spec or M Spec Kit.

What BPUs am I missing?

The barrel are quiet but low tone. Sounds exotic imo.
Bpu wise certainly the fcd but i was more thinking the sequential to siamese mod where both turbos give boost together.
there are write ups on that. But certainly you may want to try a boost controller on the seq first because uu will always want an elec solenoid boost controller to control the slow gradual opening if the wastegate and turn it into "open only when you must as not to spike" movement that u get from solenoids.
Old 02-04-20, 10:21 AM
Will_GS400
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Nice build so far, great list of parts. The rear wheel fitment needs to be more aggressive. Looking forward to seeing more upgrades!
Old 02-04-20, 06:38 PM
EuroWill
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Will_GS400
Nice build so far, great list of parts. The rear wheel fitment needs to be more aggressive. Looking forward to seeing more upgrades!
Thanks Will! The only reason I bought this particular set of TOMs wheels is because it is the only set of TN-06s I have seen for sale in 2 years.

My next set of wheels will probably be 18x8 front and 18x9.5 rear.
The following users liked this post:
Will_GS400 (02-05-20)
Old 02-04-20, 06:47 PM
EuroWill
Pit Crew

2 things:

I am now officially sponsored by Abflug!!!

The complete body kit is ordered and we are now working on the interior. The driver’s seat is a Bride Stradia 2 XL, while the passenger seat is a Bride Euroster 2.

If anyone has a LHD dashboard for sale, please PM me. I need to ship one to Abflug.

Thanks,
Will
The following users liked this post:
firelizard (02-04-20)
Old 02-05-20, 05:05 AM
Arussto
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
Default 10% high on expesive items

Originally Posted by firelizard
I don't doubt Nengun is fine, but I've used Jesse Streeter as my contact for many years. He now has a pretty well developed site for people to manage auctions and orders at www.jessestreeter.com
IIRC he'll give you a few different shipping options but I always go with sea post for large items like wheels.

I've also used Rinkya a couple of times when Streeter was on vacation. It was fine. They ship FedEx, which is a little more than Japan Post but it gets here faster.
i use buyee and zen market.
I looked at jesse from the link. Buyee is a flat 5$ plus 5 for insurance and inspection so i guess for the high priced items use something other than jesse.
so far 2yrs, both are good. Zen needs money up fro t buyee after each transaction. They basically all use same shipping methods. EMS is my favirite but simetimes registered mail for smaller items.
Old 02-06-20, 04:24 PM
EuroWill
Pit Crew

Picked up an Uber rare set of Do-Luck ladder bars in aluminum.

Old 02-06-20, 08:26 PM
captainva
Instructor

Picked up an Uber rare set of Do-Luck ladder bars in aluminum.
​​​​​​Man I was literally about to buy this tomorrow and I even worked out cheap shipping with some guys who import jdm parts. Congrats on the purchase and if you ever sell your car or decide you don't want or need this let me know so I can take it off your hands.
Old 02-06-20, 08:30 PM
EuroWill
Pit Crew

​​​​​​Man I was literally about to buy this tomorrow and I even worked out cheap shipping with some guys who import jdm parts. Congrats on the purchase and if you ever sell your car or decide you don't want or need this let me know so I can take it off your hands.
Sorry! I have been looking for a set of these for about 2 years! I had them ordered when suddenly Do-Luck decided they were discontinued - same with the B-Pillar bar!

Do you see anything that makes the Do-Luck sway bars better than the Cusco - the Cusco are 1/2 the price.
Old 02-06-20, 08:32 PM
firelizard

Received 424 Likes on 339 Posts

Do you see anything that makes the Do-Luck sway bars better than the Cusco - the Cusco are 1/2 the price.
It's more baller.
Old 02-06-20, 08:36 PM
EuroWill
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by firelizard
It's more baller.
True haha - I think I should buy them. I like the purple. I also have a set of C-One mufflers coming. I bought them because I love swapping exhaust systems.

Quick Reply: EuroWill's Midlife Crisis Ultra-Premium JDM Build